The Magicians - SyFy [SHOW SPOILERS ONLY]

RedEyedGhost

That was a really good episode.  Sooooooo disappointed that next week is the season finale.  I'm so unsure of who the bigger dick is between Ember and Umber.

Josh bringing new meaning to the High King :lol:  (not really though, with the opium in the air, he just took it up a notch)

Wow, we are parting from the books at lightning speed. I'm getting a little confused and it's possible I can no longer remember what bits might actually be in the books. At this point it's almost a piece of really good fan fiction; someone read the books and came up with alternative adventures for the characters with some loose inspiration from the books. I don't have a problem with that. There were some things I didn't like in the books that we've done away with, like the whole endless voyage to that island. 

When Eliot is reprimanding Q for giving up the button and Alice bursts in and then back out, the look Eliot gives Q was priceless. And their encounter with Umber was fun, especially the Law & Order bit and Umber explaining the order/chaos balance between himself and Ember. 

Interesting too that Reynard was Persephone's son. I guess I had suckered in to the notion that she was his lover. I'm a little irritated that the little asshole got to live and that his mother didn't do some sort of handwave to restore more of the damage, like bring John and his wife back. Kady got totally screwed in my opinion and I don't think the "best bitches" are going to survive this. 

Q is finally doing the maturing he did in the books. He confronts Mayakovsky, chews out Umber, and does his damnedest with Alice. So I should give the show some credit for sticking to one of the central themes of the book: gifted, precocious kids need to grow up too.

Most best show in universe.     Not dry like other programs.  Moist like a betty crocker cake.   Absurdity but without being absurd.   That's  impressive.  And  Poop plays an integral role in cosmic events.   I was hoping to see more of that grown diaper man living in a huge basement sandbox but then i sort of remember he blew up in combat or something.   They say ffffffk a lot.  That's the "glorious audience's" cross to bear.   But this is so much better than Quantico.

Just watched a replay. I assume the deaf lady is going to be involved in helping restore things next season - why else did they bring her back?

And Alice. Did I miss something? Did we see what she did to the lamprey? I don't think so...

Uh, what does one do to a family of lampreys that seemed funny at the time?

Well. at least we are left with hope with Julia...

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

And Alice. Did I miss something? Did we see what she did to the lamprey? I don't think so...

Uh, what does one do to a family of lampreys that seemed funny at the time?

I believe the lamprey was the thing (in child form) that Alice confronted and defeated at a playground/sandbox. You know, that thing that liked to eat children.

I was also confused about that until I read an episode review that explained the lamprey.

• 4 months later...

Got scared this show was cancelled when it wasn't mentioned in an article that listed SyFy's current shows.  But yesterday Dina Meyer was cast in season 3, so whew! false alarm!

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-magicians-cast-dina-meyer-will-grace-kyle-bornheimer-1202159192/

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Got scared this show was cancelled when it wasn't mentioned in an article that listed SyFy's current shows.  But yesterday Dina Meyer was cast in season 3, so whew! false alarm!

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-magicians-cast-dina-meyer-will-grace-kyle-bornheimer-1202159192/

Yep it was renewed earlier this year. Don't think the next season is until later next year, so they're probably not doing much promo right now. I am excited though. I saw her character is the Stone Queen--I don't remember that from the books (and we're pretty far off from those now), so I am looking forward to what that will end up being.

• 2 months later...

Now that I have read all the books I'm kind of disappointed the way certain characters were handled. I'm sorry Julia's arc didn't go through France, that we didn't see Josh in Venice (I guess there won't be a Poppy). I can see why they decided to give a better role to Penny, but I wish they hadn't transferred some of Julia's problems to Quentin. Quentin really is much better than they make him out to be in the show.

Will we see keys, do you think, and the end of the world? There was an interview I read with the producers/writers, and they have a plan that gets them to an ending, but I guess as with GoT they'll just take a different road to get there.

Archived