Emmy non

starklover

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, Alfie Allen must get at least a nomination, as he's fucking phenomenal. I like Dinklage, but so far he hasn't done anything big this season, nor do I forsee him doing anything big, so yeah, I don't think he should get a nom this year, but he probably will, because he's the biggest selling point of the show, and he's the most popular actor. But Alfie has just been killing it as Reek every single episode he's in.

I also think Lena Headey has to get a nom, for whatever she does in the walk of shame episode, as I am sure she will be incredible in that one. There's no Anna Gunn to take it from her this time, so I think she has quite a chance!

Alfie Allen without a doubt. He was good in Seasons 1 and 2, useless in Season 3, rising in Season 4, but he has nailed it this season. His storyline is an emotional roller coaster.

I'd like Iwan Rheon to get a nom because I think he's also a fantastic actor - but I don't know if many people will look on him favorably after the Black Wedding / Red Bedding / whatever you wanna call it. But man, he's impressed me more and more each episode. Definitely a better villain than Justin Bieber, I mean Joffrey.

Who I think should be nominated?

• The cast of GoT is so big and spread out that they are sort of at a disadvantage when it comes to things like this because their lead actors don't feature enough to be lead actors but arguably there are a lot more actors out there (and more competition) in the supporting actors' categories. And there are some bloody excellent secondary/tertiary characters who would never get a look in because the show will always select higher billed (and better known cast members e.g Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington even if their performances while decent are not exactly blowing anybody away)
  • If I was voting based on performances this year I would nominate either Alfie Allen or Iwan Rheon for supporting actor, Lena Headey for supporting actress and Jonathan Pryce for Guest Actor.

Who I think will be nominated?

• In the past I have disagreed with the voting choices (Clarke being nominated over Michelle Fairley for supporting actress for example/in Season 3 Peter Dinklage being nominated over the underrated Nicolaj Coster-Waldau) and I am actually very surprised that the show's pet Tyrion hasn't had an over the top rambling monologue to try and sway some votes towards him. If he was nominated what episode would he choose? He hasn't really done anything award-worthy this season.
  • I think this will be the first year GoT won't have a nomination for Supporting Actor. I think Headey will be nominated for a second year running and Pryce will be for a first time.

If Dinklage is nominated for this season, I have to admit I'd laugh- he hasn't done anything award worthy.

I remember him briefly pouting last awards show when Aaron Paul won for Breaking Bad. It was like he was thinking to himself "Well, there goes my last chance..."

Alfie Allen without a doubt. He was good in Seasons 1 and 2, useless in Season 3, rising in Season 4, but he has nailed it this season. His storyline is an emotional roller coaster.

I'd like Iwan Rheon to get a nom because I think he's also a fantastic actor - but I don't know if many people will look on him favorably after the Black Wedding / Red Bedding / whatever you wanna call it. But man, he's impressed me more and more each episode. Definitely a better villain than Justin Bieber, I mean Joffrey.

I agree that iwan rheon is a way better villain than joffrey.

Archived