[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread

Huh... This thread is usually up and fairly active by the time I roll around. This thread is such a happy place for me.

I really enjoyed the episode. It was largely another setup episode, but I still quite liked it.

- Sansa talking Myranda off her high horse

- The Queen of Thorns. Love, love, love everything about this woman.

- Arya, and the Hall of Faces

- Jorah's reaction to the news of his father's death

- Watching Cersei slowly screw herself over with the Faith Militant. I CANNOT wait for what's to come.

What did you guys like?

I submitted it last night. No clue why they didn't approve it.

Anyway, things I enjoyed:

1. Theon/Sansa's acting. Amazing.

2. 'Cock merchant'

3. Hall of Faces

4. Dornishman's wife (man, Bronn has a nice voice)

5. Jorah's reaction to finding his father was dead.

Oh, also want to add:

1. I loved that Tyrion gave the exact reasons I've always given against Dany ruling Westeros. I mean, it felt like he was quoting me at times XD

2. Littlefinger saying "We both peddle fantasies...mine just happen to be entertaining."

He is wandering aimlessly around Essos asking random people "Have you seen a highborn dwarf of three-and-thirty, with a scarred face and blonde hair?"or "Where do dwarfs go?"

:bowdown:

*presents Follmann with best comment of the day award*

Oh, also want to add:

1. I loved that Tyrion gave the exact reasons I've always given against Dany ruling Westeros. I mean, it felt like he was quoting me at times XD

I was vigorously nodding my head at that point. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not very thrilled about Dany sitting on the IT.

I didn't know Bronn had a good voice for singing! And I want to hear the rest of the song...

Pretty much the only thing I want to remember from the episode.

The actor - Jerome Flynn - was a singer in the past.

1) Bronn singing. I love how they found a way to make sure all songs mentioned in the books get sung with suitable music (and words? - did GRRM ever gave lyrics for his songs other than Rains of Castamere? Dornishman's Wife and the Maiden & the Bear were only mentioned by title in the books I believe)

2) Cersei pretending to do a Tywin and QoT calling her out on it. The way Cersei is completely loosing control of situations and denying reality. Does she really think that Tyrells would support the crown in gold, food and soldiers AFTER she led and let the Faith take Tyrells heirs? They didn't even need to show crazy Cersei from AFFC to show how Cersei is falling apart thru her own agency. Much more realistic than in the books where she went from more a less a player to crazy Aerys IV within first 2 chapters.

3) Tyrion and Jorah scenes. (I actually confused the pirate wit Salladhor Saan then remembering its Mr Eko! LOL)

Oh, also want to add:

Awh, yes. And let us wait and see what he will say about rage-feeding men to dragons.

I liked how Sansa was humiliated and got slapped back to reality. She's the worse character of the show, she has no qualities other than being someone's daughter. That's why it's so annoying seeing her being all "I am Sansa of blablabla".

Yeah, well now you are married to a psychopath, how do you like them apples.

I also liked all the scenes of worthy characters, like Arya, Bronn and how Cersei single handedly takes over and destroys her enemies.

A song that isn't The Bear and the Maiden Fair or the Rains of Castamere finally shows up!

Jorah's and Tyrion's scenes, from Jeor to Jorah's speech on the birth of Dany's dragons, were excellently acted.

The Hall of Faces was very well done... in fact all of Arya's scenes were great.

"You can smell the shit from five miles away"

The Gods Wood scene was very tense, and say what you will about 'that scene' but the acting was great, especially from Alfie Allen.

Edit: Something else I want to add is that I actually enjoy the changes they're making to the show. The show doesn't have to follow the same path as the books, meaning that we will still be able to read WoW without knowing exactly what's going to happen.

Furthermore, as a long time book reader, I'm actually interested in the show now, instead of being 'yep, read this before'. I've come to view them as two separate entities, both enjoyable on their own.

Archived