[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread

Doreah and Mossador disagree.

And being devoured by a dragon is worse than being "questioned sharply" imo.

Mossador's death was well earned and nothing is dark about it. Same with show!Doreah.

Mossador's death was well earned and nothing is dark about it. Same with show!Doreah.

The stupid Doreah vault scene replaced a very touching scene from the books of Dany holding Doreah while she died. So yes the Dany/Doreah dynamic in the show was a darker version. Regardless if Doreah deserved it or not.

Again, executing Massador may have been justified, but in the books Dany would never taken the Slavers side over one of her people.

The stupid Doreah vault scene replaced a very touching scene from the books of Dany holding Doreah while she died. So yes the Dany/Doreah dynamic in the show was a darker version. Regardless if Doreah deserved it or not.

Again, executing Massador may have been justified, but in the books Dany would never taken the Slavers side over one of her people.

just go back to the season 2 thread and read what the unsullied family thought about that vault scene ...you may know what was the reaction before the deleted scene released

Jorah and Tyrion won this episode for me. I really loved Tyrion's questioning of how great Dany would be on the throne.

Jorah's reaction to Jeor's death was heartbreaking.

Olenna was great, from her reaction to approaching Kings Landing to her scene with Cersei, to her look at Cersei when Margaery was taken away. I think she was the most I've enjoyed Olenna since she's appeared and pretty I'm excited to see how she reacts. Queen of Thorns indeed.

Yay, more Lancel!

Cersei continuing smugest..soon.,,,,

Everything Bronn does or says

The actual wedding ceremony scene was very atmospheric [snip]

What is with the extreme amount of hate for the Sansa Scene? I did not find it too disturbing, not as disturbing as a baby being stabbed in Utero.

Sansa has been a victim through the whole book series and show, at some point i expect her to be in a position where she does not have to stand for peoples crap, but so far that has not been a possibility.

Very glad to find this thread after all the anger in other threads, especially about "THAT scene", from which I felt a little traumatized myself, but not on the level "D&D should die a thousand painful deaths"... also, this thread reminded me of many good scenes in the episode. Thank you, guys.

- I think I'm with the majority here on the good scenes: Arya's scenes were good, the hall of faces beautiful, the "game" with Jaquen intense. I didn't quite catch why he kept on hitting her, so glad that was cleared up for me.

- "Cock merchant" is a very good trade, imagine like the rest of trades, this one is probably a father-to-son kind of business as well. "In our family, we have been cock merchants for thirty generations, my son." - Got to laugh over that one.

- Jorah and Tyrion are good. I have a friend who read the books YEARS before I did, and we differ very much on Jorah. She hates him and thinks he deserves everything he gets. I feel rather sorry for him. Is he, too, one of the characters the show has "whitewashed", what do people think?

- The wedding under the weirwood was visually stunning. With all the horror it's the BOLTONS and how I wish it weren't them, but the scene itself was wonderful.

- The camera angles for the bedding/rape scene. Although I felt traumatized afterwards, I was very grateful they had kept it to only facial shots of Sansa then Theon. And yes, the actors are great. Also the guy who plays Ramsey should get a compliment, I think, he's pretty good too with small changes in facial expression going from "could be a nice guy" to "holy crap, run!" in the blink of an eye.

I too will keep judgement until I've seen how it all plays out. I dislike that Sansa is again a victim. But I don't feel entirely sure she is. It could be she knows quite well what she's doing and we're in for a payback of a most epic kind. I truly hope so, or I will feel cheated. But that is for later :)

Jorah and Tyrion won this episode for me. I really loved Tyrion's questioning of how great Dany would be on the throne...

I forgot about that, that was a good part for me as well. I feel like Tyrion was voicing the criticism a lot of us have had about the idea of her being some sort of savior. I'm not sure any of her experience ruling over the eastern cultures is necessarily going to translate in Westeros.

And the tension through the last ten minutes: OK, now is when Brienne swings in! Oh wait, is that the Blackfish in the crowd? Surely the Greatjon Umber is going to come back now? OK, now Theon will snap and save her!

Or not.

Lmfao yup. Exactly my reaction too.

I loved Kings Landing this episode, Olenna made it SO much better.

Edit: Oh yes, Adebisi's "the dwarf lives..... until we can find a cock merchant" was the best line of the episode.

Lmfao yup. Exactly my reaction too.

I loved Kings Landing this episode, Olenna made it SO much better.

Edit: Oh yes, Adebisi's "the dwarf lives..... until we can find a cock merchant" was the best line of the episode.

"Cock merchant" line has to be one of the funniest lines ever in the show. It is curious that it was delivered in one of the darkest episodes the show has ever done, too.

There are a few plot holes or inconsistencies here that bothered me. I'm not really angry about them, more curious...

1. If the boytoy was a squire, there is still an explanation about how he saw Loras' birthmark. Squires help their knights dress/undress don't they? Maybe Loras' reaction was all the proof the Sparrows needed though.

2. Godswood in Winterfell...wasn't this near a hotspring that never froze? Or is that book stuff that I'm remembering wrong as being in the show? Was that the godswood from season 1?

3. Wedding ceremony: why didn't they do the cloaky thing? I believe the fArya/Ramsay wedding had the cloak ceremony didn't it?

There are a few plot holes or inconsistencies here that bothered me. I'm not really angry about them, more curious...

1. If the boytoy was a squire, there is still an explanation about how he saw Loras' birthmark. Squires help their knights dress/undress don't they? Maybe Loras' reaction was all the proof the Sparrows needed though.

2. Godswood in Winterfell...wasn't this near a hotspring that never froze? Or is that book stuff that I'm remembering wrong as being in the show? Was that the godswood from season 1?

3. Wedding ceremony: why didn't they do the cloaky thing? I believe the fArya/Ramsay wedding had the cloak ceremony didn't it?

1. Not a plot hole...just an easier way for the show to get across the idea.

2. That was the godswood from season 1. As far as the hotsprings go, not sure if that was ever made clear in the show.

3. The wedding in the books did, but maybe they want to differentiate between a wedding with the Old Gods from a wedding with the New Gods in the show.

Very glad to find this thread after all the anger in other threads, especially about "THAT scene", from which I felt a little traumatized myself, but not on the level "D&D should die a thousand painful deaths"... also, this thread reminded me of many good scenes in the episode. Thank you, guys.

I can understand the anger but as usual this thread is a great place to retreat to. I was a bit stunned when the credits rolled and I had to take stock of what I had seen. The episode airs at 2am where I am and I was lying awake for hours afterwards staring at the ceiling! Usually I'm awake making Stannis gifs and frothing at the mouth about furry cloaks and the grammar police on patrol etc.

But there's always something good in an ep even when the internet is breaking over a scene.

Speaking of - I was watching Thronecast yesterday (Sky Atlantic's companion show, in case non UK people are wondering) and Jessica Henwick said she was looking forward to ep 10 the most and the presenter of the show followed up by saying Daniel Portman had also mentioned that episode 10 would "break the internet". Gods help us all!

Speaking of - I was watching Thronecast yesterday (Sky Atlantic's companion show, in case non UK people are wondering) and Jessica Henwick said she was looking forward to ep 10 the most and the presenter of the show followed up by saying Daniel Portman had also mentioned that episode 10 would "break the internet". Gods help us all!

Sansa/Theon will jump from the castle walls a la Thelma&Louise?

I can understand the anger but as usual this thread is a great place to retreat to. I was a bit stunned when the credits rolled and I had to take stock of what I had seen. The episode airs at 2am where I am and I was lying awake for hours afterwards staring at the ceiling! Usually I'm awake making Stannis gifs and frothing at the mouth about furry cloaks and the grammar police on patrol etc.

But there's always something good in an ep even when the internet is breaking over a scene.

Now I'm very excited :D

I really liked Tyrion and Jorah dealing with the pirates. Tyrion was suddenly very motivated to not die, and decided his chances were best in Mereen (or maybe Jorah, Varys, and Drogon have convinced Tyrion to join Team Dany?). Jorah took a while to decide to back Tyrion up, but decided that he wanted to go to Mereen more than he wanted to be sullen. And thus a partnership is born!

The show has been going on long enough that all the notable scenes have some echoes of other scenes. With the Tyrion / Jorah pairing, there is a clear echo to the Jaime / Brienne pairing. Both Lannister brothers are so obnoxious! I want to send Cersei on a road trip with somebody to see what she is like when she doesn't have any responsibilities. Who should she travel with? Yara maybe? Or Dolorous Edd? Gendry? Jon Snow? Actually, Sandor could be a good travel buddy for Cersei, in some alternate universe where they flee from the Battle of Blackwater together. They could both get so drunk and snarky.

Lady Olena- you can smell the shit....., put down the pen dear.....and both she and Cersei famous tart lines.

Tyrion and the pirates

Sansa putting Myranda in place, Sansa and Theon

Sansa's wedding gown and the scene in the Godswood.

ETA: Forgot the room of faces, I thought the face Arya was feeling looked like Cat.

Archived