Where do we go from Here, unbowed? (spoilers galore)

Benjen is a Stark. I kinda have the feeling -at least in the books- that being a Stark is a bit important for the Others as maybe being a Targaryen was kinda hinted to be important for the Stone Men (they attacked Aegon after it was revealed he was a Targaryen, a Valyrian descendant).

My own personal theory is that the Starks were meant to make sacrifices to the Others and that stopped after Rickard and Brandon died, as none of them were able to inform Ned about this specific duty he had to do. And after he was named Lord of Winterfell and never fulfilled part of this "pact", the Others started to gather around because the humans didn't do what they were meant to. Now, they are after Benjen Stark.

There is also the chance that Benjen was meant to be the Stark at the Wall who was meant to do this sacrifice/ritual/whatever but like Ned, he wasn't informed of his duties as he took the Black after Rickard died.

It's possible, but whatever reason would be given to justify letting only the eldest son in on this would sound silly given how serious the matter is supposed to be...

Considering we haven't heard form Benjen yet (books) and the show's R+L+J hints this season, my guess is he'll be used in that plot.

This is maybe off-topic but that's interesting. Do you have any specific evidence?

Not yet, sadly. It's more like an hypothesis yet rather than a full theory. I believe it's not coincidence that

-Shireen, who has greyscale is in the North.

-Duck's tale about the Shrouded Lord sounds a lot like the story of the Night's King and his Other Queen

-The one guy who said "I'll crown Rhaegar's son" (something I think it's a foreshadowing of Jon actually crowning Jon at some point) has also contracted greyscale in the sorrows.

I feel that greyscale was something that is related to the Others, and it has a link to the Targaryens. Jon is also a Targaryen by blood.

I feel there is a link. I haven't yet found it.

Benjen is a Stark. I kinda have the feeling -at least in the books- that being a Stark is a bit important for the Others as maybe being a Targaryen was kinda hinted to be important for the Stone Men (they attacked Aegon after it was revealed he was a Targaryen, a Valyrian descendant).

My own personal theory is that the Starks were meant to make sacrifices to the Others and that stopped after Rickard and Brandon died, as none of them were able to inform Ned about this specific duty he had to do. And after he was named Lord of Winterfell and never fulfilled part of this "pact", the Others started to gather around because the humans didn't do what they were meant to. Now, they are after Benjen Stark.

There is also the chance that Benjen was meant to be the Stark at the Wall who was meant to do this sacrifice/ritual/whatever but like Ned, he wasn't informed of his duties as he took the Black after Rickard died.

This is fascinating. Do you have some more clues?

The wall was built, we never quite got the full story of the first hero who threw them back after seeking out the children of the forest, or the season had changed, after they had crushed armies castles lands kingdoms. Was he Azor?

The Walkers hadn't been seen in 8 thousand years, this side of the wall, a cycle evident upon the coldest of Winters cataclysm through a cycle. The watchers or crows, barely even knew who the Walkers were, foregtting, naming the Wildlings as their foe. The wall was built to keep the Walkers out. They disppeared and would not breach the wall. Both Rickard and Brandon where only a few centuries old. The last King of the North knelt 300 years prior to Aegon the first, dragon's.

The curious thing is only Asshai have had the knowledge behind fire we haven't even been there yet, through their priests, the birthpace of dragons. We have had faceless men and warlocks who are of other magical entities.

Sacrifice is being done at Caster's Keep, but the scale we are seeing of invasion, had got the Wildlings shitting bricks.

Benjen may have contacted the children, but why isn't he with Bran then?

This is fascinating. Do you have some more clues?

Sadly, as I said above, I haven't yet found the link. I'm sure the Link is the Sorrows. And Jon is the link between the Starks (First Men related to the Others) and Targaryens (Valyrians, related to the Stonemen). But so far I haven't re read that part as much as I've just been curled in the floor while holding Dance open in JonCon chapters... sadly, I can't read by dunno, osmosis :(

Why would the kings of Winter a few centuries old, those named kings we have been given, because we haven't reached the bottom tiers of Winterfells crypts. Need sacrifices? When they have a 700 ft high wall?

When was the last of the coldest winters. It sounds more like a cycle. Watchers had been placed upon the wall, manned at its peak ten thousand strong, but over the millienia and centuries dropped. The last recorded sighting of walkers dates back thousands of years this side of the wall.

I am sure stone men have something do with that, and walkers have something else to do with that.

Stonemen we didn't have any at Harrenhal from dragon destruction. Although the blighted doom was how old?

Castor's Sacrifice a tradition, the Crows had been going there under alliegance for a long time and in other winters like when Snow was born, but don't you think they would have had documentation of Walker sightings? Aemon is how old?

• 3 weeks later...

I like this. I believe Benjen's disappearance is more than him just missing after going out on duty. I feel Sam will play a big part now in discovering Jon's past. He's going to feel guilty for leaving Jon at the Wall-and go through the emotion. Sam will then learn what they did to lure Jon out-news of his uncle. It will be Sam who will feel the need to find out exactly what happened to Benjen. I do not feel Benjen is alive-how will they explain his where-abouts...but I do believe there is an incredible story in it

Archived