Where do we go from Here, unbowed? (spoilers galore)

How do you see that unfolding concretely? Sansa, Theon, Brienne and Pod forming a party roaming the North trying to find two lost boys nobody has seen for months and who might as well be dead?

What I understand from Sansa is that she is a character who rather stays in a bad situation/location than risking something completely uncertain. She refused to follow the Hound, she refused to follow Brienne. She said several times "this is my home". Sansa will probably want to retrieve Bran and Rickon, not especially because they "have a better claim" than her but because they are her brothers, but do you think she will do that herself? Maybe she will ask Brienne to do so and stay at Winterfell, even if Ramsay is giving her hell. I personally think that putting her in Winterfell was a very bold move when you think of all the backlash that it caused so in my opinion it needs to have a big outcome. If Sansa is going to Winterfell to get married to the psychopathic son of the man who murdered her family just to be psychologically and physically assaulted and then flees, then I really don't understand why she had to come here in the first place.

I think she is going to take the abuse and stay if, Theon regains himself and let's her know both brothers are alive, also she will most likely find out that Jon is LC and he was " assassinated " which will make the need to find a brother more urgent if House Stark is to come back.

Why don't you start this as a separate thread? You have a point. But you have also brought something else to light, ie re copyright laws to the book. I guess you can do that for something unpublished, but couldn't you still change it after the show is finished? with a different ending? or did he sign saying what he told them is the right ending? just how much unwritten material did he reveal? If you were in his place, would you sell out decades of your work to HBO? You can also compare the ending to Ned and Cat re Jon Snow. Ned wouldn't tell Cat who his parents were, he couldn't take that chance, so how does GRRM know or trust that his ending won't be revealed?

I don't know where it would be best to discuss this. Or has it been discussed before?

They know the entire story. Part of the deal was Martin had to divulge the major plot points, etc. No the ending will not differ. The path to get there may vary, but the major plot points are the same.

Wait huh?

Why did he leave winterfell then? Because I really don't understand where these assumptions are coming from? What is the info that you base this assumption on?

Didn't see the promo/trailer. But that feels stupid IMO. But it are the boltons.

I think it might be real.

Books, the books.

I think she is going to take the abuse and stay if, Theon regains himself and let's her know both brothers are alive, also she will most likely find out that Jon is LC and he was " assassinated " which will make the need to find a brother more urgent if House Stark is to come back.

I personally think that Sansa can rebuild House Stark provided that we can get rid of the Boltons. If there is the possibility to put the Starks back in charge I don't see the need to wait for Rickon to come back or to be found again if you already have a Stark in Winterfell, even if she is married and has another name (for now).

Walda will probably die, but... who else will be murdered? Random redshirt extra? I think it's unlikely they'll show any of that, there's not enough time left, and no northern characters have been introduced/reintroduced... :dunno:

Not necessarily, they are not going to follow the events of DwD word for word. They have already hinted at northern tension with the "North Remembers" It takes a few minutes to bring someone on scene, tie it into the NR plot, and blend that with Sansa; voila we have something similar.

They know the entire story. Part of the deal was Martin had to divulge the major plot points, etc. No the ending will not differ. The path to get there may vary, but the major plot points are the same.

I'm not expecting all major plot points to end the same way. I wasn't before series 5, now I'm even less convinced.

It seems show runners have considered the possibility as well.

Not necessarily, they are not going to follow the events of DwD word for word. They have already hinted at northern tension with the "North Remembers" It takes a few minutes to bring someone on scene, tie it into the NR plot, and blend that with Sansa; voila we have something similar.

Well, that sounds an awful lot like a 'random redshirt extra', and why should I care about him?

I don't know, I honestly have no idea what will happen because the truth is, virtually anything can.

I'm not expecting all major plot points to end the same way. I wasn't before series 5, now I'm even less convinced.

It seems show runners have considered the possibility as well.

Yes that is possible as well, but I would imagine it will be somewhat close. The meat undoubtedly will differ. But if Jon sits the throne in HBO, I doubt Tyrion does in the books. I don't think we will see that much of a difference. But obviously the path to the major plot points will be slightly different.

Well, that sounds an awful lot like a 'random redshirt extra', and why should I care about him?

I don't know, I honestly have no idea what will happen because the truth is, virtually anything can.

I was just applying a possibility. I think it potentially could happen, but it could be something as simple as Sansa (based on the preview) gaining Theon's help and others in her attempt to escape. They may have her flee Winterfell to her brother at CB. Or not. It is possible to make something happen, and whereas I did not take issue with the "Scene" I certainly hope this isn't a prolonged crisis.

I should have clarified by whom I meant to come on scene. The no-named people in Winterfell may be in contact with someone we do know on the outside. Say Manderly, Mormount, etc. One of those people could be worked in one way or another. I don't know, only that it is possible to do it.....

Either way, I am pretty sure ( I won't say 100%) Sansa departs Winterfell in one way or another this season.

The show is obviously circling around to the same place as the books, with the exception of those aspects of the story that they have simply removed (i.e., Riverlands, Iron Islands). I found the scene between Littlefinger and Cersei pretty interesting, as it indicates that even the Vale looks like it will serve the same functional role as it does in Martin's narrative, albeit, in a much simplified manner.

I was just applying a possibility. I think it potentially could happen, but it could be something as simple as Sansa (based on the preview) gaining Theon's help and others in her attempt to escape. They may have her flee Winterfell to her brother at CB. Or not. It is possible to make something happen, and whereas I did not take issue with the "Scene" I certainly hope this isn't a prolonged crisis.

I should have clarified by whom I meant to come on scene. The no-named people in Winterfell may be in contact with someone we do know on the outside. Say Manderly, Mormount, etc. One of those people could be worked in one way or another. I don't know, only that it is possible to do it.....

Either way, I am pretty sure ( I won't say 100%) Sansa departs Winterfell in one way or another this season.

Oh, I know, I understood. I agree with a lot of what you're saying, that's why I said pretty much anything *can* happen.

Whether it will be good storytelling or not remains to be seen.

Oh, I know, I understood. I agree with a lot of what you're saying, that's why I said pretty much anything *can* happen.

Whether it will be good storytelling or not remains to be seen.

Listen right now I am just going to be thrilled if we don't get a dornish mirror. :cool4:

"I am the Greatjon of House Umber" as he storms in alone, with a dagger.....

I personally think that Sansa can rebuild House Stark provided that we can get rid of the Boltons. If there is the possibility to put the Starks back in charge I don't see the need to wait for Rickon to come back or to be found again if you already have a Stark in Winterfell, even if she is married and has another name (for now).

I've said the same also, but once rebuilt she will find her own (Bolton's former ) house and it will forever be a Stark bannerman.

How do you see that unfolding concretely? Sansa, Theon, Brienne and Pod forming a party roaming the North trying to find two lost boys nobody has seen for months and who might as well be dead?

What I understand from Sansa is that she is a character who rather stays in a bad situation/location than risking something completely uncertain. She refused to follow the Hound, she refused to follow Brienne. She said several times "this is my home". Sansa will probably want to retrieve Bran and Rickon, not especially because they "have a better claim" than her but because they are her brothers, but do you think she will do that herself? Maybe she will ask Brienne to do so and stay at Winterfell, even if Ramsay is giving her hell. I personally think that putting her in Winterfell was a very bold move when you think of all the backlash that it caused so in my opinion it needs to have a big outcome. If Sansa is going to Winterfell to get married to the psychopathic son of the man who murdered her family just to be psychologically and physically assaulted and then flees, then I really don't understand why she had to come here in the first place.

This is a hunch but at this point, the divergence from what was written, anything could happen. I do not think we will see Ramsay not touch her again though. That I am sure of and that is why I will wait to watch any further episodes to see from others so that I can avoid it.

This is a hunch but at this point, the divergence from what was written, anything could happen. I do not think we will see Ramsay not touch her again though. That I am sure of and that is why I will wait to watch any further episodes to see from others so that I can avoid it.

I've heard the possibility that Ramsay is leaving Winterfell to meet Stannis on the field next episode. That would be conveniant for the show (and for Sansa !) since I think nobody wants to see that again and it would be redundant anyway. I will watch them but I really expect that they come up with a GOOD REASON to have had her marry Ramsay in the first place (and by good reason I don't mean Theon's story arc).

Don't hold your breaths on the Battle of Winterfell happening this season. There is no way we wouldn't see any leaked scene from this or something from this event not being shown in the original season trailer. That is why they chose to have the Hardhome battle so there would at least be some big North battle in this season. Doesn't make sense to have Hardhome, then the fighting pits AND then the Winterfell battle. I also believe the season will end where A Dance with Dragons ended, more or less.

Also, want to throw this in there: the Ramsay/Sansa wedding took place in front of the heart tree in the Godswood. Will this be a setup for next season? Book spoilers below:

Bran greenseeing what happens to his sister and possibly telling Jon?

Don't hold your breaths on the Battle of Winterfell happening this season. There is no way we wouldn't see any leaked scene from this or something from this event not being shown in the original season trailer. That is why they chose to have the Hardhome battle so there would at least be some big North battle in this season. Doesn't make sense to have Hardhome, then the fighting pits AND then the Winterfell battle. I also believe the season will end where A Dance with Dragons ended, more or less.

Also, want to throw this in there: the Ramsay/Sansa wedding took place in front of the heart tree in the Godswood. Will this be a setup for next season? Book spoilers below:

Bran greenseeing what happens to his sister and possibly telling Jon?

I think you're right with the Battle of Winterfell. It would be nice to have Sansa and Theon plotting to run away, ending the season with Sansa changing her mind and staying in Winterfell (hence the "ambiguous ending") so that Sansa can sabotage the Boltons from the inside during the battle next season.

Bran might see it but I think the point that they marry in front of the heart tree probably has to do with tradition but yeah we never know...

Why don't you start this as a separate thread? You have a point. But you have also brought something else to light, ie re copyright laws to the book. I guess you can do that for something unpublished, but couldn't you still change it after the show is finished? with a different ending? or did he sign saying what he told them is the right ending? just how much unwritten material did he reveal? If you were in his place, would you sell out decades of your work to HBO? You can also compare the ending to Ned and Cat re Jon Snow. Ned wouldn't tell Cat who his parents were, he couldn't take that chance, so how does GRRM know or trust that his ending won't be revealed?

I don't know where it would be best to discuss this. Or has it been discussed before?

It's been discussed plenty of times, D&D have access to all the unpublished material for Winds for Season 6 so you would imagine it will be relatively faithful, they also have the arcs for all major characters plus they have GRRM as an advisor and writer for the show (granted he has not been as involved this season due to wanting to finish Winds) so Season 7 should be similar at least with the endings and major plot points.

Archived