Where do we go from Here, unbowed? (spoilers galore)

Considering LF """Masterplan""", if he really wants to be Warden of the North, he will need legitimacy. He can only have some by marrying Sansa at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see LF negociating with the Tyrells for Marg's release and for the Walk of Shame to happen in exchange of Tommen giving an amnisty for Sansa. He then sweeps the North after the battle of Ice as he said to Cersei, marries Sansa and that's that ...

That would make Sansa's rape completely pointless.

At the moment, the Boltons are the only real villains pictured in the show, that's why I have a bit of trouble to see them lose the Battle of Ice.

It's really hard to figure out what D&D have in mind at this point. It will probably be something inconsistent as usual anyway.

I came up with this on the train ride home. I may be going insane because the idea's so bizarre but it's healthier for me to get it off my chest here and now...

One of the producer's recently defended Sansa's rape-scene by describing it as a difficult step forward in her earning back her home. Keeping that in mind, it's worth wondering how her consummation with Ramsay can ultimately work to her advantage. I mean, all she needs to do in order to fly the Stark banner over Winterfell again is to leave two dead bodies in her wake: Roose's and Ramsay's. And curiously, the only person right now in Winterfell who would also have immediate gains from offing Roose is Ramsay himself. Unless it's a red herring, there are some obvious indicators that Ramsay is feeling intensified animosity towards his father (thanks to Walda's pregnancy, Roose's anecdote about Ramsay's mother, etc) and all that he really needs now is a friendly catalyst to convince him that safely offing his dad could work to his advantage.

This is obviously an unlikely scenario since it would require Ramsay's to kill off the leader of the Northern forces, right before Stannis' imminent attack, but we know from Tyrion's attempted assassination that the chaos of battle is a good opportunity to kill somebody while leaving little to no witnesses and we know from some behind-the-scenes footage that Ramsay's actor to be on what looks like a possible battlefield (link). If he's to have a safe window of opportunity for killing his father, Ramsay would need to do it then and there. If the show could successfully pull off a scheme and alliance this strange, I can't think of a more satisfying outcome to this marriage.

Well, I'll def take Ramsay killing his dad over killing Walda. Not that she'd be far behind in such a scenario...

Books, the books.

Yeah, and the show is totally following the books, so using the books as a reference is a really good idea.

And since you didn't got my sarcasm; I already understood that the books where used, but the show isn't following the books, so why use them as a reference? Sansa isn't even in WF in the books, so how do you know she will follow the exact storyline of Jeyne? You DON'T.

I always felt like Tyrion and Sansa pairing is GOT version of beauty and the beast, sort of like Dany and Drogo so diametrically opposed but they made a beautiful pairing which ended in tragedy. It would be so nice for Tyrion and Sansa to end up together, it would be like Disney style ending. But it just seems highly unlikely considering they are in opposite ends of the world and their experiences is going to change them and set them on opposite paths, Sansa is officially married now and when Ramsay dies she will be a widow and if not winterfell she will definitely have inherited the dreadfort (that is if she survives the book and the show), but whatever it might be her destiny is very different to Tyrion how can they meet again. I have a feeling Tyrion will be bound to Dany depending on where she rules he will be her chief counsellor.

I can see Tyrion and Sansa seeing each other again, but to be together they have to remarry I have a feeling Sansa will have an aversion to marriage and would just want to be free and Tyrion after his problems with love would not want to either, they will meet and part ways again as friends.

But if Sansa had to choose now she would take married to an intelligent wise remarks cracking drunk humorous Dwarf over a handsome prince any day.

Sansa has always been believing and trusting what she can see only, her ideology is that beauty is on the outside, marry a handsome prince, settle in a nice castle and have good looking children have all been about dreams of a stupid girl who never learns. She fell in the trap with Joffrey and she more or less fell in that trap with Littlefinger taking his word because he supposedly rescued her from execution in KL. I think in the end she will appreciate people more and see what lies beneath.

On the one hand, yes. On the other, a huge and resounding no. For all that Tyrion is good person, following that narrative route will frame sunday night's episode as a "learning experience" so Sansa goes back to Tyrion. It's why Tyrion's kindness being mentioned just before the rape was so offensive.

I always felt like Tyrion and Sansa pairing is GOT version of beauty and the beast, sort of like Dany and Drogo so diametrically opposed but they made a beautiful pairing which ended in tragedy.

That doesn't work in the series at all. St Tyrion is not only totally whitewashed, but quite handsome too.

That doesn't work in the series at all. St Tyrion is not only totally whitewashed, but quite handsome too.

This states on of the many problems due to the fact that people keep on comparing the books to the show. I’ve (recently) accepted the fact that I should start looking at the show & the books as two totally different things (something GRRM himself also stated). I know it’s very hard, I’ve had problems with it myself (also for other books like ‘under the dome’, which I still feel was a horrible show), but people should start realizing it. Because a lot of the current discussion is due to the fact that the readers can’t accept the fact that the show is diverting from the books.

yeah, his whole family is whitewashed, at least his brother and sister but yeah, Tyrion is only have as nasty and twisted minded as his book counterpart.

Maybe Tyrion will end up catching the greyscale but what we didn't know is that it has a different effect on dwarves : it will have the same effect as a mushroom in Super Mario and make him the tall handsome secret Targaryen that he ought to be. Because he's in Mereen and because of his blood he will end up with the control of the dragons and he will save his abused wife from the Boltons. Sansa will welcome him with thankful tears and give himself to him before they go conquering the rest of Westeros together. Then they will rule and have many children who will be the song of ice and fire. The end.

I just can't wait for the show to elaborate on cock merchants. It'll be very informative to see more of cock merchantdom and it's biggest players...

Do not care if you are being snarky because yes it will be. I do have an interest in Essos's cock market, like to know if there is a cock exchange, and see it in action if it does.

I have a feeling that brianne will kill roose.

I have a feeling Brienne will kill Stannis. Honestly. Because of ALL the characters that have been murdered in this series, RENLY BARATHEON is the one who deserves to be avenged. Because it's completely relevant to the over-arching narrative, you guys. Totally. And makes as much sense as most of their storytelling decisions lately.

The patrons at our library don't bring items back....Habitat for Humanity is a good charity.

I would say that the fact patrons steal high-demand items like this would be an argument FOR donating it to the library so that more people could see it, but... I feel your frustration with library patrons. Believe me.

I think you're right with the Battle of Winterfell. It would be nice to have Sansa and Theon plotting to run away, ending the season with Sansa changing her mind and staying in Winterfell (hence the "ambiguous ending") so that Sansa can sabotage the Boltons from the inside during the battle next season.

Bran might see it but I think the point that they marry in front of the heart tree probably has to do with tradition but yeah we never know...

I'm sorry, you guys, but I've lost faith in all supernatural elements of this TV series at this point. Not only is the army of the dead just chilling beyond the wall at this point so that all of the soap opera drama can happen, if magic and supernatural creatures had any power in this world, the ghost of every fucking Stark would have risen from the crypts of Winterfell to STOP a Stark/Bolton wedding.

So I pretty much just don't believe in any of that shit in this series anymore. Except, of course, DRAGONS. Because the Unsullied love them oh so much. Let's just feed them the entire cast one at a time and get the show over with.

Based on where we are in the season, I'm guessing the rest of the episodes shake out thusly:

I figure Cersei gets arrested by the High Sparrow at the end of episode 7, she negotiates for her release/punishment in episode 8, and takes the Walk in episode 9. They will set up the idea of trial by combat, but I think they're going to save it for next season. Ser Robert Strong will be a big reveal in episode 10.

Jon Snow and the free folk seem to be departing the wall in episode 7, and important things happen at Hardhome in episode 8, as that is the title of the episode. Travel time back to the Wall in 9 - possibly no appearance by Jon. I think the "For the Watch" moment will be the last scene in episode 10.

Sam, I believe, will be departing for Old Town. If Jon doesn't tell him to leave in episode 7, then Jon will tell him to go in 10. Gilly and child will go with Sam.

Something is going to happen with Shireen and her mom and Mel while Stannis is on the march. Maybe he'll send them all back to the wall. Maybe some of the free folk will go with Stannis to Winterfell, as a condition of settling the Gift, leading to a confrontation between Shireen and freefolk over her greyscalse? I just don't know what's going to happen here.

Jorah and Tyrion, it seems, will spend episode 7 traveling to Meereen. They may not appear in 8. I'm guessing 9 will be the big fighting pit scene, and the dragons will get loose somehow.

Jamie and Bronn will have to deal with the fallout from their failed "rescue" mission in 7. Bronn may or may not die. Jamie and Doran may come to some kind of an alliance. All I'm certain of here is that the writers are probably not going to kill off Jamie. Whether he ends the season as a guest or captive of Dorn, or on his way back to King's Landing is anyone's guess.

Sansa will, I PROFOUNDLY HOPE, start to plot and lead a secret Northern rebellion against the Boltons. It will culminate in some sort of trechery, and breaking out of Winterfell in episode 9 or 10, with Theon in tow. And episode 10, I guess, will be some sort of action between Stannis and the Boltons. I don't know whether the writers will leave him camped outside of Winterfell's walls for the season break before kicking off the siege.

Do not care if you are being snarky because yes it will be. I do have an interest in Easos's cock market, like to know if there is a cock exchange, and see it in action if it does.

Cock exchange! Brilliant!

And I'm holding out hope the show will describe the great cock-tion houses of Essos. There's nothing quite as exciting as a bidding war on a magical dwarf cock.

If this is how the season ends for them (and I think there's a decent chance it does), that makes me a little more hopeful that Stannis at least survives this season. Otherwise, where exactly would Theon and Sansa be escaping to? Just running randomly through a blizzard with no potential safe haven anywhere in sight?

Where will they be escaping to? Last I checked, Yara's actress was credited for episodes 9 and 10. I doubt she shows up in the 11th hour to stab Jon Snow.

I hope Yara goes with him. Gives the actress something to do and it could be the price for sparing/beheading Theon instead of burning him.

Personally I think Yara will have plenty to do. I just hope they don't decide she needs to be "empowered" first.

[sorry, quote fail]

Wouldn't they need to cast Wyman Manderlay? The Davos scenes in White Harbor were really captivating in the books and would have made for great television I think. But from what I've heard White Harbor was just too expensive to create.]

I don't buy this bullshit "It would have been too expensive" excuse after they created fucking STOKEWORTH for one goddamn scene that didn't even need to show the castle! WTH, D&D!? Truly. WTH. Give us Wyman Manderlay or get out of the writers' union.

We all need a big pick me up. If this season ends on a huge downnote as far as the Starks go, the viewership is going to lose it. I would love a still shot of a battlefield or Winterfell with whoever has it in the distance when we hear and army walk up. Walking to the front of that army is the Greatjohn with Osha, Rickon and Shaggy Dog. The last scene needs to be Shaggy Dog letting out a vicious, blood curdling Howl, followed by an loud roar from the army itself. I can dream.

Hey, dreams are all some of us have at this point. I say dream away.

I just hope they don't tell us at the very end of the series that Rickon was struck and killed by a drunk driver right after he parted from Bran and has been dead this whole time. At this point, I'd believe it.

We should all be prepared for atleast one more Ramsay/Sansa scene before they part due to battle etc. I am still sick and heartbroken over last night. It was so unnecessary. I will not watch anymore episodes when first aired as I will need to screen them to about any more Sophie/Sansa scenes of this nature.

Can you explain to me why you would be so sensitive about something happening to that character

Can you explain to me why you would be so sensitive about something happening to that character

Why I car about Sansa's character? Some things really do not need explaining. Read more of the boards, you will find it is common around here.

Where will they be escaping to? Last I checked, Yara's actress was credited for episodes 9 and 10. I doubt she shows up in the 11th hour to stab Jon Snow.

Personally I think Yara will have plenty to do. I just hope they don't decide she needs to be "empowered" first.

[sorry, quote fail]

Wouldn't they need to cast Wyman Manderlay? The Davos scenes in White Harbor were really captivating in the books and would have made for great television I think. But from what I've heard White Harbor was just too expensive to create.]

I don't buy this bullshit "It would have been too expensive" excuse after they created fucking STOKEWORTH for one goddamn scene that didn't even need to show the castle! WTH, D&D!? Truly. WTH. Give us Wyman Manderlay or get out of the writers' union.

Hey, dreams are all some of us have at this point. I say dream away.

I just hope they don't tell us at the very end of the series that Rickon was struck and killed by a drunk driver right after he parted from Bran and has been dead this whole time. At this point, I'd believe it.

yeah, the Starks need something to give them hope, at this conjuncture in the alternative Westeros Universe (The Books) there was a sizeable Stark loyalty in the North and the Davos journey. We need some of it now. However, this is HBO and if they can have Sansa raped by Ramsay, well anything is possible now.

Just reading on IDMB, episode 10 this year, Benjen Stark is listed. I wonder if he is the Ghost in Winterfell and can help Sansa or is he going to be a pov watching the others or something else. I would sure love for him to make a surprise appearance on a Battlefield and take out a Bolton or two.

Archived