Where do we go from Here, unbowed? (spoilers galore)

I think Alfie Allen and/or Sophie Turner already pretty much telegraphed how their mutual story is going to end this season. I recall a quote from one of them that their fate at the end of the season is ambiguous. To me that means that the very last shot of the two is them jumping off the tower.

All the more reason why it is doubtful that they will have the battle of Winterfell this season.

If this is how the season ends for them (and I think there's a decent chance it does), that makes me a little more hopeful that Stannis at least survives this season. Otherwise, where exactly would Theon and Sansa be escaping to? Just running randomly through a blizzard with no potential safe haven anywhere in sight?

I think Alfie Allen and/or Sophie Turner already pretty much telegraphed how their mutual story is going to end this season. I recall a quote from one of them that their fate at the end of the season is ambiguous. To me that means that the very last shot of the two is them jumping off the tower.

All the more reason why it is doubtful that they will have the battle of Winterfell this season.

Maybe, maybe not. That is the book, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is where D&D end.

But we already know Ramsay heads out of WF & attacks Stannis.

There are pictures of this.

Yep.

I think Ramsay will leave Winterfell and after some time, a letter announcing his victory will come to Winterfell. So, Theon/Sansa will jump from the tower and try to run away as far as they can before Ramsay returns.

I think Ramsay will leave Winterfell and after some time, a letter announcing his victory will come to Winterfell. So, Theon/Sansa will jump from the tower and try to run away as far as they can before Ramsay returns.

Agree. And I think stannis will have sent it.

Why would Ramsay leave winterfell? To fight stannis?

Ramsay > Yo Roose, I'm off fighting stannis, cya!

Roose > Winter (and a blizzard) is coming

Ramsay > No probs, I'll heat myself up with my dogs

Roose > You're in a stronghold, why fight Stannis outside, let him come here.

Ramsay > Nah I'm bored, I wanna hunt that MF down. Bye.

Totally makes sense...

And why should there be a letter ?

And why should Sansa and Theon jump out of a freaking tower?

And where are Sansa and Theon running too?

And when does Sansa has to start liking Theon again? She didn't really seem to like hem when he offered to give her away...

Totally makes sense...

And when does Sansa has to start liking Theon again? She didn't really seem to like hem when he offered to give her away...

I think the reason why Ramsay will leave will resemble the books. There will be murders and unrest in Winterfell. I expect Walda to be killed and the rift between Ramsay and Roose widened. I think Sansa will be influential in this process as well.

Most probably. But the TV show will have to explain why he sent a false letter after defeating Ramsay.

The show hasn't been all that good about explaining much. I wouldn't hold my breath.

In the book, it makes some sense, since Stan needs at least Jon at his side to embolden the Northmen and lay claim to the castle, at least until Rickon and Davos show up. In D&Dverse, who knows.

Totally makes sense...

well we have seen in episode 5 that Roose is planning something with Ramsay ...

so Roose will send Ramsay to strike a surprising attack on stannis as we seen in promo next week Ramsay leaves winterfell and we may see their fight in episode 8 or 9

P.S-am i the only one who think that pink letter may be true

I think the reason why Ramsay will leave will resemble the books. There will be murders and unrest in Winterfell. I expect Walda to be killed and the rift between Ramsay and Roose widened. I think Sansa will be influential in this process as well.

Wait huh?

Why did he leave winterfell then? Because I really don't understand where these assumptions are coming from? What is the info that you base this assumption on?

well we have seen in episode 5 that Roose is planning something with Ramsay ...

so Roose will send Ramsay to strike a surprising attack on stannis as we seen in promo next week Ramsay leaves winterfell and we may see their fight in episode 8 or 9

P.S-am i the only one who think that pink letter may be true

Didn't see the promo/trailer. But that feels stupid IMO. But it are the boltons.

I think it might be real.

Walda will probably die, but... who else will be murdered? Random redshirt extra? I think it's unlikely they'll show any of that, there's not enough time left, and no northern characters have been introduced/reintroduced... :dunno:

I really don't see Stannis losing or dying this season or even early next season. If he loses to the Boltons that means someone else ends up raising an army to defeat them in winter, and that's just too repetitive. Maybe he ends up losing to the Vale army afterwards, but they don't have a reason to fight them and Littlefinger isn't a battle commander, or is assassinated, but the issue there is that he's a King. No one like Brienne is going to get anywhere near him.

If Stannis dies, it's either because Mel kills him or he falls in battle agains the Others. However, I've long maintained that Stannis won't die; instead, his destiny is to bend the knee to Dany. He's said that the decision to betray his oath to the king and follow his brother's rebellion was the hardest decision he's ever made, and I think his story is to come full circle about the Targs and join Dany once she lands (and this will be a wiser Dany, who accepts the service of lords who bend the knee) rather than continue to pursue his right to the throne that stems from that rebellion.

The show hasn't been all that good about explaining much. I wouldn't hold my breath.

In the book, it makes some sense, since Stan needs at least Jon at his side to embolden the Northmen and lay claim to the castle, at least until Rickon and Davos show up. In D&Dverse, who knows.

In the post above Stannis isn't sending the letter to Jon. he's sending it to Roose.

I think the purpose would be to lull Roose to sleep and possibly create a trojan horse type scenario where Roose opens the gates for Stannis' forces.

I think this would actually be a fairly decent plan however it dodges the spectacle of the Battle on the Ice which we know Stannis has been over fishing/weakening with holes. Do D&D really want to avoid that? I get the sense from the books that Stannis is outside Winterfell for some time. There are a lot of plot points that take place during this semi-siege: The Ghost of Winterfell, the wedding of Jeyne Poole to Ramsay, The hooded man, the traps being set by Mors Umber, whatever Wyman is up to, lots of tension inside the walls due to the Ghost, Alys Karstark plot, in tWOW we know Stannis is on to some of his own double crossing in his camp, we have Asha Greyjoy there with Mormonts, etc. Lots it setting up this battle. Thus far in the show we have one transmutated version of one of those plot points. It makes a lot more sense for the sake of expediency to have Stannis trojan horse Winterfell or just have him arrive and Roose try to march out and fight on ground of his choosing. TV viewers probably won't abide Roose "freezing"/Starving Stannis out in a semi-siege reverse Siege switcharoo.

The Show may be setting up that Stannis wins Winterfell by cunning only to fight a major battle vs. the Vale in season 6. Hell maybe there are going to be two major battles in the Ice in tWOW.

Walda will probably die, but... who else will be murdered? Random redshirt extra? I think it's unlikely they'll show any of that, there's not enough time left, and no northern characters have been introduced/reintroduced... :dunno:

I would not shed tears for Myranda, though perhaps Roose will be the one to kill her.

In the books, we do not know who kills who and for why. But there is a fairly intriguing possiblity that the murders in Winterfell were mostly on Roose and Ramsay while they were playing a sick game.

I would not shed tears for Myranda, though perhaps Roose will be the one to kill her.

In the books, we do not know who kills who and for why. But there is a fairly intriguing possiblity that the murders in Winterfell were mostly on Roose and Ramsay while they were playing a sick game.

I agree about Myranda. But the point I tried to make is, there's no one there for us to have multiple murders, tension. intrigue. We have 4 episodes left, to introduce/reintroduce characters now, then set it up and have the murders... I don't know, I think that ship has sailed.

Why would Sansa leave Winterfell after all the trouble to get there? Maybe Theon will try to "save" her but she will refuse just as she refused to follow the Hound.

Because I think there is going to be more sexual encounters with Ramsay, making her life more misearable than the wedding night and she is going to want to find her brothers - Rickon in particular as he has a greater chance to rally the north than she who is now lady Bolton.

I really want Davos to find Rickon. I don't think they'll cut it out, otherwise they'll have a Family Matters / Judy scenario where a child just disappears and nobody speaks of it ever again. Yeah, I just made a Family Matters reference. Big whoop. But anyway, suppose Sansa escapes in order to tell Jon about Rickon and Bran, only to be captured by Stannis. I'm thinking she'll tell Stannis, and that's when Davos heads out to Last Hearth and Skagos.

I hope Yara goes with him. Gives the actress something to do and it could be the price for sparing/beheading Theon instead of burning him.

I'm saying this for quite a while now, but nobody seems to be listening to me. The idea that any event in this show adapted from unpublished or unwritten material will resemble George's vision at all is very unlikely.

Why don't you start this as a separate thread? You have a point. But you have also brought something else to light, ie re copyright laws to the book. I guess you can do that for something unpublished, but couldn't you still change it after the show is finished? with a different ending? or did he sign saying what he told them is the right ending? just how much unwritten material did he reveal? If you were in his place, would you sell out decades of your work to HBO? You can also compare the ending to Ned and Cat re Jon Snow. Ned wouldn't tell Cat who his parents were, he couldn't take that chance, so how does GRRM know or trust that his ending won't be revealed?

I don't know where it would be best to discuss this. Or has it been discussed before?

Because I think there is going to be more sexual encounters with Ramsay, making her life more misearable than the wedding night and she is going to want to find her brothers - Rickon in particular as he has a greater chance to rally the north than she who is now lady Bolton.

How do you see that unfolding concretely? Sansa, Theon, Brienne and Pod forming a party roaming the North trying to find two lost boys nobody has seen for months and who might as well be dead?

What I understand from Sansa is that she is a character who rather stays in a bad situation/location than risking something completely uncertain. She refused to follow the Hound, she refused to follow Brienne. She said several times "this is my home". Sansa will probably want to retrieve Bran and Rickon, not especially because they "have a better claim" than her but because they are her brothers, but do you think she will do that herself? Maybe she will ask Brienne to do so and stay at Winterfell, even if Ramsay is giving her hell. I personally think that putting her in Winterfell was a very bold move when you think of all the backlash that it caused so in my opinion it needs to have a big outcome. If Sansa is going to Winterfell to get married to the psychopathic son of the man who murdered her family just to be psychologically and physically assaulted and then flees, then I really don't understand why she had to come here in the first place.

Archived