Why do you think the show havent correlated with the books as closely as before season 5?

Stormborn44

I've seen several topics titled things like 'Why is this character left out' or 'Why is this completely not in the books situation happening to this other character' ... But I'm focusing on the whole show and books series ... I'm just curious for some opinions on if you think that the changes from this season (Season 5) which seems to me to be done because very soon they will run out of published books to gather new material from.... is going to ultimately have an ending completely different than the books will.

I, for one, HOPE HOPE HOOOOPE it does... I'd love it if I could continue watching the show and it not ruin any of the books that is yet to be published.... but with GRRM so closely involved in production could this mean that he is already revealing what he knows will be happening in ASOIAF.... SAY IT AINT SO! I can see how eliminated some of what has been and even changing Sansa's situation as they have could ultimately end with the same outcome the books would lead to... just have a different route of getting there. Has GRRM or HBO said what the plan is? And last but not least if this is the 500th post about this... I did look for another!

Archived