GRRM doing a reading of The Winds of Winter this weekend at ConQuest

This, I forget what the other option was but at a previous reading he had the audience pick between A or Damphair and really urged the latter but they picked person A.

I would be interested to here what he has been up to on the islands.

fwiw it was Arianne.

Agreed, the previous willingness that he had for reading Aeron surely makes it the firm favourite if he's to read a new chapter.

ps he commented that this Aeron chapter has very dark stuff in it.

I just wish he finishes his series,however long it takes. I enjoy listening to George,you can tell he is a great mind and there is thoughtful process behind his writing,and all great works take time. So I am just patient and enjoy speculating the next books with everyone else.

Just hope the next chapter he reads is going to give us some good clues,I don't care whose chapter it is to be honest,I enjoy reading them all.

I doubt it's going to be a new chapter, even with him being the GOH. He'll probably stick to reading one of the two latest sample chapters, which have never been read by him as far as I'm aware.

I doubt it's going to be a new chapter, even with him being the GOH. He'll probably stick to reading one of the two latest sample chapters, which have never been read by him as far as I'm aware.

does he usually read chapters he already released?

i mean whats the point?

i understand rereading Arianne II, Tyrion I, Barristan II.. even Victarion I

stuff he only read but never released.. but Alayne?? everyone already read that like 5 times..

i mean whats the point?

stuff he only read but never released.. but Alayne?? everyone already read that like 5 times..

I already answered this on the last page.

i mean whats the point?

Maybe he'll read the edited version I was taken a bit aback by all the typos.

I think it's going to be the Aeron chapter he wanted to read so bad, but I don't put it out of the realm of possibility, with season 5 getting into crunch time, that he is going to read a chapter that the end of season 5 could possibly spoil.

if he is reading a new chapter i think it will be daenerys chapter mainly because of this last cooment on his post

And of course, I expect to find some burnt ends as well... dragon-charred, no doubt...

and i dont think that Daenerys chapter will be too spoilerish ...it will be very similar to say MErcy or Alayne chapter ...and in a way the show may spoil the chapter in the season finale ...so he may be reading it like he had done with mercy and alayane

fwiw it was Arianne.

Agreed, the previous willingness that he had for reading Aeron surely makes it the firm favourite if he's to read a new chapter.

ps he commented that this Aeron chapter has very dark stuff in it.

I agree and probably the dark stuff is the confirmation that Euron raped him when he was a kid.

The point about GRRM having released the Alayne chapter recently is an interesting one. He just released new material (that apparently he didn't want to judging by some of these posts). Has he ever read the same "new" chapter at multiple events? Like would he say that he's going to do a reading, and then it turns out not to be anything new? Because it seems to me if he was just going to read something that was already released, he'd have said "I'm going to read Alayne/Theon/Barristan/etc."

So with that in mind, possible chapters we could get if it's something new:

Cersei - preparing for her trial (maybe watching Robert Strong practice in the yard), receiving word that Kevan and Pycelle are dead

Bran - advanced tree reading lessons with Bloodraven (but no "reveal" ones)

Sam - his first maester lessons/revealing to the Citadel that the Others are real and the Watch needs help

Victarion - killing people during the battle of Meereen, teaming up with Barristan

Jon Con - preparing to take Storm's End through guile, Aegon's coronation

I think he'll stay away from people like Theon, Asha, Dany, Jon, and Mel because they have too much to possibly reveal (Stannis dead/not, Dany enslaved/khaleesi again, Jon dead/not etc.), and probably stay away from Tyrion because he's already had 2 chapters.

Yes I doubt he would read a Jon chapter....but that would shock the hell out of people.

Here is the Not A Blog post George made regarding conventions, this should clarify as to why he is still going to certain conventions.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/415405.html

Yes I know I have read it. I was more or less posting in hopeful bliss...

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as he read the first word of that chapter (the name of the POV) I bet there was an audible whine of disappointment then the sound of like 100 dudes turning off clandestine recording devices.

No doubt everyone in that auditorium was ready for some awesome previously unreleased mind blower of a reading.

Archived