Witcher 3: Odrin is the Wild Hunt

l2 0 5 5

I just finished my second entire play through. I have completed every side quest, every contract, and every treasure hunt twice now. This story was just so good. There were a couple of points in it that brought a little tear to my eye both times. It is by far my favorite game of the year, nd it just could be the best game that I have played. Does anyone know if there is major DLC being worked on for this game? I could spend dozens of more hours in this world.

I am currently deciding whether to build the Feline or Enhanced Griffin set for my play through I am currently level 15 and have all the required diagrams, and my character is that of a hybrid- utilizing both signs and swordplay, though I admit most of my ability points are in swordsmanship. The signs I use mainly are Igni, Quen and Yrden.

Which one of these sets would be better for a build like mine? originally I was leaning towards Griffin but the set looks rather ugly... is that 25% sign intensity bonus significant and all or not?

Fashion is the most important stat, so Griffin's out. Personally I think the intensity bonus isn't as good as the damage bonus, because you're ultimately always going to need to hit something with a sword a lot.

Thing is, Geralt starts out good at all three and the skill trees just let you pick some things to be extra good at. Whatever you pick, you'll break the game's difficulty over your knee around level 15. Plus, there are respec potions available pretty easily later on too. Some things: Alchemy is a little better to pick up later, once you get some enhanced potions/bombs. Signs are probably the most useful early. I put all my early points into Quen, Igni, and Axii, then a bunch into fast swords, and now I'm moving into alchemy and its insane.

I went for Griffin gear cause I did a full sign build. Shame it looked so lame but the Ursine armor was the only one that looks cool anyway and the stats for that one are just plain boring. I was really disappointed when the mastercrafted set looked no different from the superior set.

Anyway, finished the story last night. I couldn't do it all in this game. Started ignoring the Witcher Contracts around the Novigrad quest line cause they're all the same and I'm hoping I didn't miss any cool story moments by doing that. Ignored the treasure hunts for everything but Griffin gear too and once I got to Skellige I couldn't bring myself to go discover every question mark again like I did for Velen and Novigrad. Made the second part of the game feel a little more rushed since I was just doing main story quests and certain secondary quests (my secondary quest log is still packed to bursting with Gwent, horce races and fist fights and a tower I haven't explored). Might still do some of them while I wait for Rocksteady to fix Arkham Knight.

Ending was pretty damn good. Put a big, dumb smile on my face so those of you who know what the endings are can probably guess which one I got.

Got the Witcher ending. For a minute there I really thought she was dead and I was pissed. Once I got the sword I figured it out though, I'm slow.

Damn good game overall. Too big to play it again anytime soon though. Don't have that kinda time :P

I just finished my second entire play through. I have completed every side quest, every contract, and every treasure hunt twice now. This story was just so good. There were a couple of points in it that brought a little tear to my eye both times. It is by far my favorite game of the year, nd it just could be the best game that I have played. Does anyone know if there is major DLC being worked on for this game? I could spend dozens of more hours in this world.

How the suffering fuck have you found the time to do that?? How many hours is that roughly?

Woah nearly a whole week's worth of gaming time. That's unfathomable to me (not the world's biggest game player) but I'm glad you enjoyed it so much :)

I think it took me three weeks to play through the first time, but I started playing the game again because I changed my internet service provider and was down for last 10 days. With no TV, and no internet, I read 15 books, and played thorough this game again. Oh... I forgot to mention that this is my down season for work also, so all I do is spend time at the house right now.

I think it took me three weeks to play through the first time, but I started playing the game again because I changed my internet service provider and was down for last 10 days. With no TV, and no internet, I read 15 books, and played thorough this game again. Oh... I forgot to mention that this is my down season for work also, so all I do is spend time at the house right now.

15 books and a video game in 10 days.

Are you a wizard?

Can only applaud how much you manage to fit into your time. Fair play.

15 books and a video game in 10 days.

Are you a wizard?

I try and get a book in every day that I am off work. I am an abnormally fast reader, and a 300 pager takes me a little over two hours unless I intentionally slow my pace down. That left me with 22 hours in the day to sleep and play this game again, so it was kind of easy to get this and the other five books down. It certainly helps that this game is extremely cinematic, so there are long periods of time to passively interact with the story. I am not much of a button masher playing video games, so this game was really my kind of speed.

I started on Griffin. But yeah, most of my points are in swords and most of my combat was heavily waited towards that style, perhaps with a bit of signs use to sften them up. So I went with Ursine armour (and chose the heavy armour ability)

If you have the free DLC, you can also get Wolf Armor that seems to be pretty damn good. Its got some of all three schools for a pretty perfect jack-of-all-trades build. Medium armor, naturally.

You can

pick up the first bit in Kaer Morhen

e: Looks better than Griffin, too. Not quite the sign intensity bonus, but you'll get some adrenaline and attack power out of it too.

Oh yeah - so what the hell does adrenaline do in the game. I haven't quite worked it out. (Some skills add to adenaline gain - I just can't figure out why I'd want any). :unsure:

Several things. Each pip gives you 10% increased sword damage. Two skills in the sword tree (Whirl and Rend) let you spend adrenaline to do special attacks. Another skill lets you spend adrenaline to revive you if you die. A final skill in the sword tree lets you super-charge your signs with Adrenaline (and possibly letting you cast the alt-version without unlocking it, though that's a rumor). Some skills in the "general" skill tree let you improve your sign power with adrenaline passively or use adrenaline to cast a Sign if you don't have the stamina. I think that's it.

Anyway, finished the story last night. I couldn't do it all in this game. Started ignoring the Witcher Contracts around the Novigrad quest line cause they're all the same and I'm hoping I didn't miss any cool story moments by doing that. Ignored the treasure hunts for everything but Griffin gear too and once I got to Skellige I couldn't bring myself to go discover every question mark again like I did for Velen and Novigrad. Made the second part of the game feel a little more rushed since I was just doing main story quests and certain secondary quests (my secondary quest log is still packed to bursting with Gwent, horce races and fist fights and a tower I haven't explored). Might still do some of them while I wait for Rocksteady to fix Arkham Knight.

We finished at the same time and i also rushed at the end. Clocked in at 87 hours but would have shaved off like 5 if I didn't play on Death March at the start. While i definitely loved it and its probably the best MMO i have ever played I can see that it has alot of the common MMO problems - the story gets noticeably weaker towards the end and decisions you make usually have far less consequence than they should especially as that W3 big thing.

Still, unlike Skyrim i wanna go back to W3 and finish exploring certain areas and getting a full set of potions. But sadly my group of gaming friends won't let me; its becoming increasingly hard to justify spending 100+ hours playing single player games when you could be playing 'socially'.

Fantastic. They have also hinted at NG+ and because its CDPR there is also probably gonna be an Enhanced Edition mega patch.

Still, unlike Skyrim i wanna go back to W3 and finish exploring certain areas and getting a full set of potions. But sadly my group of gaming friends won't let me; its becoming increasingly hard to justify spending 100+ hours playing single player games when you could be playing 'socially'.

Unless you've signed some sort of contract can you not just tell them to do one? Surely if they're mates they would understand that people are allowed to do other things every once in a while...

Alright literally the only thing I don't get about Witcher 3 so far is the accents. You've got a glorious mix of Yorkshire, Lancashire, Brum, Scouse, Geordie, West County, Essex, East London etc and then some characters (I.e. Triss) have random 21st Century American accents. Really weird. Why would you mix them up.

Alright literally the only thing I don't get about Witcher 3 so far is the accents. You've got a glorious mix of Yorkshire, Lancashire, Brum, Scouse, Geordie, West County, Essex, East London etc and then some characters (I.e. Triss) have random 21st Century American accents. Really weird. Why would you mix them up.

...Why not?

Archived