Witcher 3: Odrin is the Wild Hunt

l2 0 5 5

Because it doesn't fit at all. Sounds wrong.

Apparently the Rivian accent is their version of the American one.

Having some American accents really isnt that wrong considering the main character has one. It's probably not a coincidence that several of the characters tied to magic or the unnatural have American accents.

Also, we have orcs, dragons and other stuff like that (which you know, weren't in the middle ages or any time of the British Empire either), but the American accents are weird...interesting.

Only weird in context of walking around talking to the peasants and then someone bowls in with American. No big deal but it just jumped out at me and took me out of the game a bit

Eta: For instance if a really really American accent turned up in the game of thrones tv programme it would be weird

Only weird in context of walking around talking to the peasants and then someone bowls in with American. No big deal but it just jumped out at me and took me out of the game a bit

Eta: For instance if a really really American accent turned up in the game of thrones tv programme it would be weird

GOT isn't as magical or otherworldly as the Witcher though. I get what you are saying but it doesn't bother me cause The Witcher is extremely outlandish as it is.

For instance in GOT if a dragon appears EVERYBODY is shocked. In the Witcher if you come across a troll, it's "Oh well, it's clobbering time".

Game of thrones isn't as magical and otherworldly as the Witcher? Eh?

Either way, like I said before, not having a go at American accents or anything, it just jumped out at me personally and thought I'd share for whatever it's worth

So I finally finished the damn game.

It took me two tries to kill Caranthir. Having Supreme Tawny Oil and Full Moon made the fight pretty easy. I beat Eredin on the first try, and the Tawny Oil and Full Moon made that fight pretty easy as well (Second hardest difficulty, btw). I was worried for a second that I chose an option that killed Ciri, and the cut scene afterward with Emyhr made me sure that I had, but I was mistaken. She ended up choosing the Witcher path, and took off just as I began to feel good that she made it out alive. I romanced Triss and Yen, so no love in the end for Geralt; just the wild, beast-filled road for the White Wolf. I like my ending, but it left me with a not-so-sweet aftertaste. I thought there would be more NPC character interaction after the main quest ended. I've enjoyed getting to know these characters after three games, and thought there would be more dialogue to offer after the Wild Hunt was banished. Also, was there any explanation about Allach that I missed? I guess he just dipped. Overall, I really enjoyed this game. I put a shit-ton of hours into it and was happy with the ending.

Are there any quests that offer a lot of XP after the main quest has been finished? I'm about a third of the way to level 35 and would like to get that golden trophy. I'm getting absolute crap for XP from the Monster contracts.

ETA: Some of the things that annoyed me:

1.) Load times

2.) Navigating the menu five times before every fight because I needed to apply the right oil, drink the appropriate potions, and sub in the right bombs. I'm sure it wasn't so bad on PC.

3.) And HOLY SHIT how many times does Roach have to get stuck behind a wall, stable, or shrub when I summon him?

Only 3 things? Not so bad...

And HOLY SHIT how many times does Roache have to get stuck behind a wall, stable, or shrub when I summon him?

He actually spawned inside a cottage for me once. Then when i mounted him and tried to exit the cottage through the only door, he couldnt fit through. Makes you wonder how he managed to squeeze inside the cottage to begin with....

He actually spawned inside a cottage for me once. Then when i mounted him and tried to exit the cottage through the only door, he couldnt fit through. Makes you wonder how he managed to squeeze inside the cottage to begin with....

Roach, just as Geralt, hates teleports, but has to use one every time Geralt whistles. Based on my experience it's safe to say Roach is not good with teleports.

But this game ... I loved the Witcher 2, despite its flaws, and was so incredibly glad this game turned out to be everything I wanted. Still haven't finished it, though, there's been a lot to do, and I want to savor this game to make up for the three years of waiting, hoping it would turn out to be great. Needless to say, it pretty much did.

Story spoilers:

Right now I've just killed Imlerith, spent some quality time with Ciri and some juggling elves. Felt really good to have some calm, human and funny moments after all that action and *sniff* Vesemir's death.

This game, to me, really has a perfect balance of seriousness, humor, dark and dreary moments, and calm and heartfelt moments. I don't think I've ever been this invested in the story and characters of a video game (the fact that the voice acting is mostly amazing, and that the facial expressions and gestures of characters are really good, surely do help). The scene whe're we first see Priscilla perform is one of my favorites.

Jesus fucking christ

You think that's bad? There's a 900+ page thread on the official forums full of nerds whining about how there's not enough Triss in the game and demanding that the developers put more Triss in the DLC.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40694-The-Triss-content-and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

And ohhh, if you dare pop your head in and say that Triss is overrated or anything they all come down on you like a ton of bricks. you've been warned

You think that's bad? There's a 900+ page thread on the official forums full of nerds whining about how there's not enough Triss in the game and demanding that the developers put more Triss in the DLC.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40694-The-Triss-content-and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

And ohhh, if you dare pop your head in and say that Triss is overrated or anything they all come down on you like a ton of bricks. you've been warned

Stuff like that makes me feel deeply very sad. I hope they're all ok.

Archived