Witcher 3: Odrin is the Wild Hunt

l2 0 5 5

• 2 weeks later...
Finished the main story last night. Have also done all the Witcher contracts and most of the secondary quests. Spending some time today cruising around Skellige doing some stuff and killing some monsters. Going to wait for new game plus mode to arrive before starting again. Also really looking forward to the expansions

Found out that after you finish the game the regular guards in Hierarch Sq. in Novigrad are level 48. Still smashed the fuck out of three of them at once but a more interesting challenge... no room for error.

If everything in NG+ is amped up like that then it will be very worthwhile

I'm gonna say I'm about 70-80 hours in. Maybe.

I've recently arrived in Skellige and dear god, if this isn't the most beautiful game I've ever played, I'm a rock troll.

This is my first Witcher experience and it is making me want to go back and play the first two games something fierce.

I'm trying to space my playtime out so I don't run out of story anytime soon. I've never once gotten so close to a group of characters or so deep into a universe like this before. Maybe Mass Effect got close.

Oh and I romanced Triss before I found out about the shady stuff she did when Geralt's memory was gone. Ah well. Doesn't matter, had sex. (On a side note, the lighthouse cutscene and the guards trying to figure out the message had me laughing my ass off.)

I'm thinking about just powering through the main quest and getting it over with. That way when NG+ releases I will go through every single quest I can possibly find.

Then do it again when the dlcs release.

I've recently arrived in Skellige and dear god, if this isn't the most beautiful game I've ever played, I'm a rock troll.

This is my first Witcher experience and it is making me want to go back and play the first two games something fierce.

I'm trying to space my playtime out so I don't run out of story anytime soon. I've never once gotten so close to a group of characters or so deep into a universe like this before. Maybe Mass Effect got close.

Oh and I romanced Triss before I found out about the shady stuff she did when Geralt's memory was gone. Ah well. Doesn't matter, had sex. (On a side note, the lighthouse cutscene and the guards trying to figure out the message had me laughing my ass off.)

I'm thinking about just powering through the main quest and getting it over with. That way when NG+ releases I will go through every single quest I can possibly find.

Hours-wise I ended right around the same. Probably closer to 80+. I never got burned out on the game which says a lot when you put that many hours into it. Good comparison with Mass Effect. I'd agree that those are the only other video game characters that have really intrigued me; perhaps Dragon Age Origins comes close. I'm giving the game a rest until the expansion comes out in October. I should be ready for another go when that comes around.

Genuinely think NG+ could be a game changer if they increase the difficulty properly to make it feel like you're actually in danger all of the time. Everything else is in place, the word is fully realised, just needs a proper sense of menace and worry now to make it a real top tier gsme

You probably want to finish all of the side quests as they come up to bet the best results in the game... Contracts, and Treasure Hunts can be played after the game, but yo will loose the side quests, I think that they are every bit as good as the main story.

You probably want to finish all of the side quests as they come up to bet the best results in the game... Contracts, and Treasure Hunts can be played after the game, but yo will loose the side quests, I think that they are every bit as good as the main story.

Well here's the thing.

I say I'm going to do that. But we all know, the very first time that exclamation mark shows up on my map, I'm going to run over to it, do the little mini-quest then see the edge of a question mark.

Two to three hours later, I'll get back to that quest.

• 2 weeks later...

I clocked in at 140 hours with this game when I finished it, and I played on Normal difficulty which was a breeze. Fantastic game and all, but I'm glad to get back to my regularly scheduled programming, as pretty much all free time went into this. Have to get a breather before the expansions.

(not going for an NG+, not going for an NG+...)

• 8 months later...

I am freaking loving this game. When I got the Witcher 2 on GOG I was so put off by the complexity of the spell - casting menu (PC version) I never went beyond the tutorial level but this time I've been going blockbusters. Really pleased at my progress and the game engine is so incredibly detailed.

I wonder if GRRM has looked at this game and thought "that's what I would like a Dunk and Egg game to look and play like."

Archived