[Book Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

The problem with this, though, is that Sansa being pregnant with Harry's child could have some significance to the later plot. For argument's sake, if Jon became King he could legitimize her child, at which point that baby would be heir to the Vale, or lord if Harry and Robin are dead by then. There is absolutely no purpose to Sansa getting pregnant with a child by Ramsay Snow. The baby becomes heir to the Dreadfort...who cares?

Snip

House Stark would, Sansa gets a House of her own, create a new name removing the Bolton line and she would bring the children up as Starks to hate Lannisters, Boltons ( if some how one escapes ) and Freys.

But why would she? Imo, she's been through enough that she must realize she has to get out of her pickle alone. She won't receive much help, especially from the likes of Theon.

And if it was the broken tower, Ramsey would've taken another finger/toe or something for Reek betraying him.

It's established in that scene that Ramsey keeps her locked in that room. We even see Reek have to put down the food tray to fish for the key to open the door. We hear Reek lock the door after he leaves. The bruises on her body and her own words reveal that she's being subjected to constant abuse. She get's herself out of this pickle how? She signs up for mail order locksmithing courses? She grows wings?

Seriously, I don't see what the puzzle is here.

Also, anyone else having a hyperactive auto-correct problem? It's driving mad.

I don't think she is a child. Her IMDB page might be misleading because it has an old picture of her and no age. But Google says she's 19.

I don't think HBO go that far now...

Well if shes 19, shes an adult and can show bewbs.

....okay then.

She was 18 at the start of shooting.

Bronn mentions several times SHES NOT A WOMAN.

But hey, maybe I'm the weirdo for not liking little girls.

Ummm...shes not a minor. Do you know just how many actresses bear teat the moment they are 18+? Even Maisie Williams has a movie coming up where she has a certain kind of scene. Bronn is mocking Tyene here and shes very much a woman.

In this history of the human species, it is arguably possible that rape comprises the majority of acts of heterosexual copulation. At least a sizable chunk.

I think one of the great ways GRRM's books are progressive is by showing the hideous nature of human history, warts and all. That not only includes rape, it puts it front and center.

Sorry, but if we can have 3 trial-by-combats in 5 seasons, I think 5 rapes in the same amount of time is perfectly reasonable. Rape was EXTREMELY common up until a few hundred years ago.

Wow! :ack:

I don't he meant it like "you're not a woman, you're a girl". I thought he meant it as a joke as "you're not a woman, you're a man" because of her tomboyish look.

Mmmhmm.

he was just mocking her..

i don´t see the issue here..

Thats because there isnt one. I honestly thought Tyene's actor was in her twenties anyway.

It's established in that scene that Ramsey keeps her locked in that room. We even see Reek have to put down the food tray to fish for the key to open the door. We hear Reek lock the door after he leaves. The bruises on her body and her own words reveal that she's being subjected to constant abuse. She get's herself out of this pickle how? She signs up for mail order locksmithing courses? She grows wings?

Seriously, I don't see what the puzzle is here.

Also, anyone else having a hyperactive auto-correct problem? It's driving mad.

didn't he lock up jayne in the books too?

Snip

House Stark would, Sansa gets a House of her own, create a new name removing the Bolton line and she would bring the children up as Starks to hate Lannisters, Boltons ( if some how one escapes ) and Freys.

if/when ramsay dies she could raise her baby as a stark.

I suspect the attempted rape had more to do with reminding the audience that the Night's Watch is largely populated by reprehensible men than providing a mechanism for Sam and Gilly to get into bed together, though I'm not a fan of the story decisions there. It seems to me that the High Sparrow's line to Cersei about the few and the many also hinted at future events at the Wall. Jon/Sam's circle of friends is shrinking, as Ser Alliser pointed out.

didn't he lock up jayne in the books too?

IMO, it made more sense for Ramsay to lock up Jeyne Poole in the books than Sansa in the show: he was worried that the northern lords would recognize her as not being Arya. Even if they already knew deep down that she was not Arya, by keeping her in the room there is less of a chance of it being talked about.

Ummm why are people asking if LF's gift is Sweetrobin or Gendry? I thought it was obviously Lancel.

Because Lancel most likely made his confession WAY before Littlefinger arrived in KL.

And for what earthly reason would Lancel do any favors for Littlefinger?

However, I don't think it was either Robin or Gendry, either. I'm still not sure who, but it has to do with freeing Loras and/or Margaery, not putting away Cersei.

Ummm why are people asking if LF's gift is Sweetrobin or Gendry? I thought it was obviously Lancel.

Lancel definitely has already confessed to the HS upon his convertion. The HS already knew who was Cersei and what she had done.

WHat's the point of Olenna giving the HS information he already has? LF probably provided another info for her to negotiate.

The R+L=J hints are awkwardly obvious now. "Promise me." So a desperate Sansa and a desperate Gilly both use that line in a single episode. Wow/eye-rolling. I bet they thought they were so clever

at this rate if anyone in walking dead said Promise me to someone then it will be a clue for R+:L=J ...just get over it

I assumed the gift was Lancel, but Olyvar makes more sense. If Olyvar disappears, the cases against Loras and Margaery go away.

I'm guessing Margaery is either released pending trial as in the books or released full stop, since there's a shot from the trailer of Margaery in her usual royal finery embracing Tommen that hasn't aired yet. Judging from Cersei's comment about Margaery getting to leave the cell when the trial starts, I'm guessing it's the latter. It would be interesting if TV Margaery is officially cleared of all charges, unlike Book Margaery, who appears to be getting some sort of trial, even as the evidence against her appears very flimsy.

Edited by Newstar