[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

WinterKing

So my mom watched it with me and she is super unsullied. Like, she's never seen any episodes prior to this season. Ive been watching it at her house since I dont have HBO anymore.

Cercei/Tommen scene: She is such a liar. Its so obvious

Sand Snakes in Jail: What is the point? Just to see boobs? Why did she posion him? That doesnt make sense

Sam/Gilly: Lololololol

The whole show: Ugh I hate violence and sex and gore. Why do you watch this?

She had me laughing a lot.

I wish these threads were more popular. They're one of my favourites.

Just thought I'd share with whoever reads these:

My unsullied bf hasn't actually seen this episode yet, but he did see a picture of Stannis from the episode, and - I am proud to say - he has actually learned his name! His whole name: Stannis Baratheon.

This made it even more comical when, in a moment of pride, I ventured to ask him - do you know whose brother he is?

And he responded, some what cautiously: Tyrion's?

My unsullied bf hasn't actually seen this episode yet, but he did see a picture of Stannis from the episode, and - I am proud to say - he has actually learned his name! His whole name: Stannis Baratheon.

This made it even more comical when, in a moment of pride, I ventured to ask him - do you know whose brother he is?

:bang:

I watched it with two Unsullied (one has just recently started AFFC, though):

- The Wall: Everyone is sad that Aemon's dead. They expect a big fight with White Walkers thanks to the dagger.
- Winterfell: They think Stannis vs. Bolton will end with both sides dead. Ramsay will meet a cruel end at Sansa's hand.
- KL: War in the country, war in the city, war with the Faith - KL is f***ed. No predictions on the trials so far.
- Dorne: Everyone agrees that the Sandsnakes are hot. They like Myrcella. One of them thinks that Doran will convince Jaime to leave Myrcella in Dorne and return to KL empty-handed. Jury is still out on what will become of Bronn, but they think he will try to help the Sandsnakes.
- Meereen: One of them thinks Dany is incredibly stupid for brushing off Jorah, since he seems to be her best advisor. They hope that Tyrion will talk some sense into her. Everyone is happy to see those two in the same place.

Watching this show with your unsullied family is like watching Keeping up with Kardashians with them.

They have the most predictable interpretations.

That is a terrible analogy and makes no sense at all. Watching Game of Thrones with Unsullied is like watching some vapid reality television show? Okay... Sometimes they have interesting insights that I never had while reading. Some of them are even picking up on the R+L=J subplot. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion, don't take part in it.

In regards to the ending with Cersei "That's what you call being hoisted on your own petard."

I though that was funny, and accurate. Wish I had more for you but I haven't had the chance to talk much about it yet. Will try and update with a few more comments later.

My unsullied friend said "I don't know that Snow is gonna be able to keep hold of Castle Black. Another mutiny is gonna happen. My boy Corey thinks Jon Snow is gonna die within the next two episodes. Thinks he's gonna die with the wildlings or something. That's not gonna happen." Not bad for the both of them I think.

My unsullied friend said "I don't know that Snow is gonna be able to keep hold of Castle Black. Another mutiny is gonna happen. My boy Corey thinks Jon Snow is gonna die within the next two episodes. Thinks he's gonna die with the wildlings or something. That's not gonna happen." Not bad for the both of them I think.

That's so clever of your friend!

My unsullied friend loved the episode, particularly how hot the Sand Snakes are and how cool Jorah's fighting scene was. He thinks Daenerys might listen to Daario's advice, but on the other hands, she's too proud to do what her lover tells her to do, so he doesn't know. He added that if she and Tyrion get along she might seek his advice. He thinks it was foolish of Sansa to trust Reek, but he feels very sorry for her.

One of my unsullied friends finds the pro-Stannis scenes this season very manipulative. Like he thinks they're trying really hard to get you to like him all of a sudden and it doesn't sit right with him. Granted he's a really critical person overall, but was wondering if anyone else feels that way?

One of my unsullied friends finds the pro-Stannis scenes this season very manipulative. Like he thinks they're trying really hard to get you to like him all of a sudden and it doesn't sit right with him. Granted he's a really critical person overall, but was wondering if anyone else feels that way?

Oh I definitely think they are doing that on purpose, and I don't like it cause I think they will kill him. Don't make me like a character if you're just going to kill him off!

Oh I definitely think they are doing that on purpose, and I don't like it cause I think they will kill him. Don't make me like a character if you're just going to kill him off!

Yeah. Kind of ironically, there's never been a more stressful time to be a Stannis fan.

Do you think the show is self-aware enough that this could be a double bluff? As in they know full well they have a reputation for making people like a character only to kill that character off soon after, so for once, it could be a trick?

One unsullied hopes Sansa stabs Ramsey during one of his rape sessions. When I explained how much worse Ramsey is in the books he was surprised.

He thinks Tommen is going to use the army against the Faith.

He is a big Dany fan but I didn't get a chance to ask him about her and Tyrion.

I have four friends who are unsullied and none thinks that the show has declined this season at all. To me it is the book purists who keep saying this. Seems like every scene that isn't faithful to the books is what gets criticized as dumb or poor writing. All I know is the people who have only watched the show are just as excited and into it as they were two years ago.

Just wait til a dragon ride, walk of shame and/or Ceaser happens, I think at least two are this year still!

My Unsullied Facebook friend:

• was sad to see Aemon die.
  • thinks Ramsay "couldn't be more hateful".
  • felt sorry for Sam when he couldn't protect Gilly, then cheered when he got to lose his cherry.
  • was happy because the Sparrow "got that old lady Tyrell to shut up".
  • didn't see the point in the Sand Snakes/Bronn scene (even though he thinks they are hot).
  • compared Jorah to Maximus (the character from Gladiator)
  • said that for a few episodes thought that Cersei was smart, but he now realised all of her plans turn to crap.

Haaahhahahahah. But yeah, this is my favourite thread as well. Haven't met up with my unsullied friends yet to have a chance to ask.

My half-unsullied bf (is reading books now) was so upset about last episode that I had to convince him to watch this episode. I told him its supposed to be good.

He is glad that Tyrion met Dany.

When Sam got beaten he looked at me and asked "And this was supposed to be a good episode?!"

He really hates to watch Sansa suffer. He had to leave the room actually. And he was scared for Reek as well. He predicts that something relly bad happens in any second now and he says it out loud, so I get pissed and tell him to shut it. Then he leaves the room again.

Was sad for Aemon. Didn't know who Egg was.

Usually we have to watch Jimmy Fallon on youtube to get a laugh after GOT. He doesn't like grim stuff.

Little late to it, but my dad, sister, and I all felt the episode was kind of dull except a few scenes. Best scene by far was Cersei getting hers. Though he can't figure out who's going to help her. I told him the only person she has now is Qyburn, though The Mountain's "corpse" hasn't clicked for him yet. I want to tell him, but I'm really looking forward to that reveal myself.

He thinks Tommen is probably done for, he's too young, good hearted, and inexperienced he says.

My dad also loved Jorah just cutting through everyone to get to Dany. And of course he loved Tyene. We also all felt Jaime's talk with Myrcella was too short.

Had to hold my sister's hands during Aemon's scenes. That was hard to watch, and even she got upset and said "They didn't have to put it that way!" when Sam said his fire had gone out.

We're really looking forward to 8, 9, and 10.

Previously:

(On Olly)
"That kid is gonna betray him huh? Jon's gonna be forced to cut his head off."

(On Tormund)
"That dude tried make Jon murder a defenseless old man! Why does Jon want him to lead the Wildlings?

Naomi: I am calling it now! The Nights Watch will have another mutiny. Jon will enlist the help of the Wildlings to take back the Wall!

I have four friends who are unsullied and none thinks that the show has declined this season at all. To me it is the book purists who keep saying this. Seems like every scene that isn't faithful to the books is what gets criticized as dumb or poor writing. All I know is the people who have only watched the show are just as excited and into it as they were two years ago.

I think you are right about that. My brother is unsullied and he seems pretty happy with it as well. He complained a lot during the third season, but he liked the fourth season much better. I have noticed that he likes the show when they have more Stannis and Davos in it.

He did gripe about Jon going beyond the wall. He was not a fan of Jon wondering around with the wildlings. He likes the character of Jon, but he complains about his story sometimes. He has also been complaining about Dany's story. I told him that I thought it was actually worse in the books. He was happy that Jorah and Tyrion had finally turned up. I did laugh when the guy struck off Tyrion's chains and my brother turned to me and said, "well, I guess you think that was Benjen Stark or some sort of secret Targ."

He even gets a kick out of the Sand Snakes. I told home him that people thought Tyene had great boobs. He said yeah, but she's young, so they should not be sagging yet like Margery's were in season 2. Then of course he got on the subject of Margery's coat in the second season. He kept asking during season 2 why Marg was wearing a soup can. Was that some kind of style or something. I don't know why, but that outfit totally cracked us up. Personally I am sorry she quit wearing it. It sort of looked like something from Alice in Wonderland.

One of my Unsullied friends stopped watching after episode 7, saying that the quality had dipped immensely. It probably doesn't help that he actually discusses the various plots with me and other Unsullied, so he spots the weaknesses very quickly this year. He is pretty annoyed at the show for not giving any good reason as to why Sansa is in Winterfell.

One finds it kind of rushed, and boring. He's finding Dorne laughable.

Most of them think that the quality has dipped, but many of them said that about Season 4 too.

Archived