The "Handsome Young Man" (Show Spoilers)

TheRoseWithThorns

I'm pretty sure the correct answer to the gift of the "handsome young man" question is Olyvar. Olyvar is Littlefinger's employee and catspaw. It is highly likely that Olyvar was not roughed up by the Faith Militant because he came to them willingly with the accusation against Loras. This was likely by Littlefinger's instruction. Olyvar will now flip his story and claim that he only knew about the bithmark because he squired for Loras and that, in fact, Cersei put him up to lying about it. This will cast enough doubt on his testimony that Loras and Margaery are eventually released. After all, the Faith Militant has bigger fish to fry and has probably been aiming for Cersei all along. The alternative possibility is that Littlefinger will sacrifice Olyvar(murder him) before trial, again resulting in insufficient evidence against the Tyrells.

The follow up question to this plot fix is why wouldn't the Faith Militant then finally torture Olyvar to get to the bottom of it. My guess is they would, but if Olyvar can't keep his story straight, his credibility as a witness is still significantly damaged.

The handsome young man being Olyvar or Lancel doesn't make much sense. First if Baelish admits to controlling Olyvar he basically admits to helping improsin Maergary and Loras regardless of whether they are released. Lancel is a fanatic and definitely admitted his sins to the High Sparrow as soon as he converted. It just doesn't make sense for this true believer to be under the control of a sin merchant like littlefinger it would be a wtf moment. I think Littlefinger is referring to Robert/Robin Arryn. The Reach's Army and the Vale Army will arrive takeover the city and control Tommen. Littlefinger will make sure that Lady Ollena recognizes Cersei's decree that made him the Warden of the North. So he will be Warden in the North the Riverlands and The Vale. He can then either control Tommen as a puppet with the Tyrell's or make his next move to become King.

Although how LF ever thinks that the bigoted aristocracy will allow the minor lord of the Fingers who has a horrible reputation (thats how they will see him) rule Westeros. It would offend the ruling class of Westeros' sensibilities.

The handsome young man being Olyvar or Lancel doesn't make much sense. First if Baelish admits to controlling Olyvar he basically admits to helping improsin Maergary and Loras regardless of whether they are released. Lancel is a fanatic and definitely admitted his sins to the High Sparrow as soon as he converted. It just doesn't make sense for this true believer to be under the control of a sin merchant like littlefinger it would be a wtf moment. I think Littlefinger is referring to Robert/Robin Arryn. The Reach's Army and the Vale Army will arrive takeover the city and control Tommen. Littlefinger will make sure that Lady Ollena recognizes Cersei's decree that made him the Warden of the North. So he will be Warden in the North the Riverlands and The Vale. He can then either control Tommen as a puppet with the Tyrell's or make his next move to become King.

Although how LF ever thinks that the bigoted aristocracy will allow the minor lord of the Fingers who has a horrible reputation (thats how they will see him) rule Westeros. It would offend the ruling class of Westeros' sensibilities.

Not really. Olyvar is not the reason Loras was first accused. He was accused by Cersei and under suspicion on the account of general knowledge. Olyvar is simply the only witness to back up the accusation with evidence. It makes perfect sense for Littlefinger to give him up. Furthermore, I don't think the Tyrells would give a damn if Littlefinger admits he acted against them, at first, if the end result is a free Loras and Margaery, and Cersei's destruction. I'd go so far as to say that they'd be downright grateful for his shenanigans.

As for a siege on King's Landing by Littlefinger while everyone's pants are down, it could very well happen sometime. I wouldn't count on it being this season, though.

If LF is expecting Stannis to beat the Bolton's then perhaps he has Gendry and plans to marry him to Sansa? Finally the Baratheon/Stark marriage alliance Robert offered Ned in the first book/season. All he needs is someone to legitimise Gendry and Tommen seems easily manipulatable, especially without Margery or Cersei around to 'look after him' - here boy king, sign this...oh you dont need to bother reading it properly....

May be far fetched but what it Ramsay is your HYM -

1. Ramsay Bolton as betrothal to Margery ( North and south alliance brokered by LF)

2. Sansa will admit to having not consummated the marriage ( LF will gain sansa's good graces and appear her saviour, Sansa will get a chance to no longer be married to Ramsay )

3. Marriage ritual was as per Northern customs and not as per the Seven ( another way to technically not realize the Ramsay-Sansa marriage according to the FM)

This way the Vale is protected by his alliance in both the north and south as well.

May not work but i think the series has strayed way off the book part to allowing me to even considering this outcomes (in spite knowing its highly unlikely)

Other equally unlikely HYM

1. Rickon Stark - another North-South alliance(assuming house bolton fails, He will save Sansa and reign in the Vale with her, would eliminate a certain trip to skagos for someone in the show)

You know why I hope it's not Lancel?

Because in episode 6, when Lilfinga's talking to the Cerseinator, he reveals Sansa's location. Immediately the audience questions why he would do this, and it turns out he wants Cersei to name him Warden of the North after the fighting up there is done.

So that means he thinks Cersei will still be in power at the time the war in the North is resolved. In fact he would benefit from her being in power. So for him to take her down in the very next episode... I know he likes chaos but that just seems like a little too much? Like they're just handing all the plot-drivers to Littlefinger for the hell of it.

What is Little Finger offering lady Olenna in S05E07?

Littel Finger: I will make you the same gift I made Cercei a handsome young man.

Who was the handsome young man for Cercei?

Its Olyvar - the Man-Whore from his brothel. I think he told him to confess his "sin" to the High Sparrow. When you look at the scene you kinda can see that he is not forced and doesnt look like as if he was tortured - he seems more like doing this freely. He saw what this fanatics do to people especialy gay/bi man.

So why would he do that? Because Little Finger broke a deal for him and told him to talk.

And who is the handsome young man for the Tyrells?

I think its Robert Arryn. Here is why:

Little Finger is plotting to get rid of the Lannisters (Cercei) and put Robert Aryn on the throne and marry him to Lady Margaery Tyrell (I'am sure you can nullify the marriage when it is proven that Tommen is not a true born son but a bastard born of incest)

But why would he (Little Finger) want to do that?

Well first of all I think he is still pissed that the Lannisters killed his Love Catelyn and maybee more important he has nothing to gain anymore from the status quo.

Also Robert Arryn is controled by him and is his "son" in marriage and he is responsibel for him - also speaks for him till he is of age - that would mean to speak for the King!

He coult try to take Winterfell with his (The Eyries) army from who ever survives the Battle of Ice (like he offered Cercei) but Cercei want the Sansa dead and he nows that he can not hold the north with Sansa Starks head on a stick on the walls of Winterfell. So letting Cercei in power is no option for him I think.

Why would the Tyrells agree to that or to work with Little Finger in the first place?

The Tyrells have no clue (or not much) of why the red wedding happened and are not really aware of what happens in the north AAAAnd have no idea what Little Finger plans and what his motivation is.

Well they also have had enough of Cerceis bitsching around.

Mace Tyrell send to Essos.

Loras Tyrell in prison.

Princes Margaery Tyrell in prison.

And all of this because of Cercei Lannister - with whom you can not argue with because she is an irrational bi!*#

I think in this situation Lady Olenna would work with Little Finger. (She already has once to get rid of one certain bi!*# king)

I personally see no other/better way for the Tyrells than to get rid of the Lannisters and crown a new king and queen.

All hail King Robert Arryn the first of his name and his Queen Margaery.

What do yu think of this theory? Too much crackpot?

What is Little Finger offering lady Olenna in S05E07?

Littel Finger: I will make you the same gift I made Cercei a handsome young man.

For the record, he said "the same kind I gave Cersei". If he had said "the same gift", it would be Olyvar, no further questions Your Honor.

I suppose it could be Robin, although I personally think that stretches the bounds of "handsome" and "man" to the breaking point. It advances Littlefinger's plans.. I just don't see how that helps house Tyrell with the two people in jail.

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of the information he has outs the kids as bastards so then...that would make the Trystane-Mrycella thing fall apart along with the King & Queen so Margary could be betrothed to Trystane. Both "Baratheon" bastards are apparently "in love". Doesn't bode well.

Hey Everyone!

I certainly enjoyed Episode 7 (the last 10 - 15 minutes were very satisfying)! Anyway, in this episode Petyr Baelish meets Lady Olenna to discuss the future of House Tyrell. Olenna lets him have it, but Petyr says he still wants to support them and that he has a gift for them, a handsome young man!

Could this be Jon Snow, maybe the lost Gendry?

Comment Away!! :eek: :cool4:

Olyvar. Olyvar is the handsome young man that Littlefinger controls (it can't be Lancel, because the Faith already had Lancel). Olyvar is the guy who ran the whorehouse, and has dirt on everyone in the seven kingdoms. Olyvar is already a trusted witness for the Faith, and so can "confess" to anything Littlefinger prompts. OR, Olyvar can change is testimony at the trial, or put a new spin on it, so that Lorras will seem innocent of the crimes the Faith as charging him with.

I've got my own theory about Gendry, not sure if this is the right place though or somewhere else.

I think Gendry isn't Roberts bastard and he is actually his and Cersei's 1st dark hair child who apparently died as a baby.

If LF has worked that out which is perfectly possible due to all the information he has gathered then it would be the ultimate bombshell, it will get the Lannisters out of power and then have a suitable royal match for Margery. She would need to get her marriage to Tommen annulled though which could be possible if Tommen is proved to be born out of approval of the seven.

But if it isn't Olyvar, then this is pretty brilliant. Plus I would really like to see Gendry again. Now just explain how he got from that boat into Littlefinger's hands....

They can't prove Tommen is a bastard. They can only prove she slept with Lancel and had him help kill Robert.

What if Tommen knows and confesses? He would be sealing his dear mother's fate. Would also explain why they made him seem so young and immature...because he will be so overcome with love for Marge that he will naively believe that he can confess this and get his wife back (he offers his knowledge for her freedom) and live happily ever after.

Who was the handsome young man for Cercei?
Its Olyvar - the Man-Whore from his brothel. I think he told him to confess his "sin" to the High Sparrow. When you look at the scene you kinda can see that he is not forced and doesnt look like as if he was tortured - he seems more like doing this freely. He saw what this fanatics do to people especialy gay/bi man.
So why would he do that? Because Little Finger broke a deal for him and told him to talk.

I assumed the gift he gave Cercei was the info on Sansa and Ramsey. I think LF would try and distance himself from the whole Lancel and Olyvar and HS craziness. But why did they show LF bumping into Lancel a la 'brother Lancel' sporting his new face art.

I assumed the gift he gave Cercei was the info on Sansa and Ramsey. I think LF would try and distance himself from the whole Lancel and Olyvar and HS craziness.

I think Littlefinger would be the first one to run towards it and see what alliances he can build.

*husky voice* Chaos is a ladder...

If it isn't Lancel and the High Sparrow knew all along, why would he wait? Why was THIS moment, his moment?

If not Lancel, why would the showrunners deliberately set up the episode in this way for the big Lancel reveal?

on the otherhand...

Why wouldn't Lancel have confessed his deepest crimes/secrets already? Withholding them until the High Sparrow came calling seems like PURE plot servicing to me.

And actually is what I think we are supposed to believe.

Lancel withheld those secrets until High Sparrow asked, based on QoT tip, then was given the Mother's Mercy for his confession.

Archived