The "Handsome Young Man" (Show Spoilers)

TheRoseWithThorns

And who is the handsome young man for the Tyrells?
I think its Robert Arryn. Here is why:
Little Finger is plotting to get rid of the Lannisters (Cercei) and put Robert Aryn on the throne and marry him to Lady Margaery Tyrell (I'am sure you can nullify the marriage when it is proven that Tommen is not a true born son but a bastard born of incest)

The only way to nullify the marriage would be killing Tommen.

Because if LF would unveil the incest neither the Tyrells nor Robin Arryn can claim the Iron Throne. Because the rightful ruler of Westeros would be Stannis.

LF is definitely pissed about the blunder Cersei made by reforming the Faith. So, he might decide that it is time to let go the Lannister rule. The best way to do that is to bring the incest accusation to the trial. Luckily, the Tyrells are in a position to divorce from the Lannisters willingly. So, the gift might really be Gendry and he might be used as a witness/evidence about the incest. Removal of Robert's bastards after his death might come out as well. Lancel already confessed about the murder of Robert. But he cannot offer any evidence about the twincest. That is why Gendry looks more likely to be the gift.

If the handsome young man is related the the info which LF has but Cersei doesn't then it can't be Lance or Olyvar as Cersei knows all about what she did with Lancel and she knows about Loras's sex life.

Rickon came to mind, if LF goes north in the books he may well take control of Rock on from Manderly through Sansa, but what good is a Stark heir to the Tyrells?

I do think that LF will encourage the Tyrells to betray the Lannisters to the Martells when they get to KL so maybe it is Trystane and the info is the queenmaker plot. But this is no use for the trial, only for revenge afterwards.

Sweetrobin ain't handsome and won't have any info. However it would be funny if after Cersei has given LF leave to raise an army that he then marches on KL rather than the north, blindsiding both Cersei and the audience.

What they really need is another Tyrell squire who can say that they all saw each other naked during normal squiring duties.

Maybe LF will produce Olly to nod at Cersei until she goes mad.

Just had another thought. Maybe LF means himself (he's so modest) as he can testify that Cersei was involved falsely accusing Ned of treason, which is something the High Sparrow in the books seems interested in, as well as loads of other bad stuff.

LF is definitely pissed about the blunder Cersei made by reforming the Faith. So, he might decide that it is time to let go the Lannister rule. The best way to do that is to bring the incest accusation to the trial. Luckily, the Tyrells are in a position to divorce from the Lannisters willingly. So, the gift might really be Gendry and he might be used as a witness/evidence about the incest. Removal of Robert's bastards after his death might come out as well. Lancel already confessed about the murder of Robert. But he cannot offer any evidence about the twincest. That is why Gendry looks more likely to be the gift.

Gendry doesn't know anything about the incest. Geeze, people make things so complicated. The show isn't complicated. The gift was Lancel. What has Cersei done that would be a crime to the Faith: adultery and incest and killing her husband. Who knows about at least two of those things? Lancel.

She loves them little boys and wants to play with their little toys :cool4:

Pedo-Margaery.

Was Tyrek Lannister ever in the show? In the books he went missing during the riot after Myrcella left the city. If he was, or was even mentioned, it could be him.

He isn't in the show.

LF can't take credit for Lancel. I like the idea that Lancel and the HS have been cooking this up themselves.

I still think he's referring to Sweet Robin, but I'm not married to it. If it turns out to be Gendry, they'll have to do some pretty clever gymnastics to make sense of how it was that LF got his hands on him in the first place.

Ooooh, Maybe this is how they introduce fAeogon.

Aegon isn't fake. He's the one true King of Westeros, and they've blemished the series by removing him.

It's obvious : the "handsome young man" is Lancel.

Littlefinger didn't give Lancel to Olenna, he gave her the information. Then, all she had to do was to talk to the High Sparrow and tell him that one of his followers has informations about Cersei's sins.

Now, that doesn't necesarilly mean that Littlefinger/Olenna are responsible of Cersei's arrest, maybe Lancel confessed before and the High Sparrow already knew. But with this move from Littlefinger, Olenna now think he's on her side...

It's obvious : the "handsome young man" is Lancel.

Littlefinger didn't give Lancel to Olenna, he gave her the information. Then, all she had to do was to talk to the High Sparrow and tell him that one of his followers has informations about Cersei's sins.

Now, that doesn't necesarilly mean that Littlefinger/Olenna are responsible of Cersei's arrest, maybe Lancel confessed before and the High Sparrow already knew. But with this move from Littlefinger, Olenna now think he's on her side...

I think this is correct.

Are you guys watching the same show as me? Littlefinger has nothing to do with Lancel, and Lancel has clearly already confessed all to the High Sparrow, becoming one of the Faith's main stooges. It's Oliver. Still, just for fun, it makes more sense to entertain the wild theories of Gendry and Rob Arryn than Lancel. Again, Lancel has confessed all to the Faith, and only despises Littlefinger as a moneylender and brothel keeper. He's not a gift Littlefinger could give.

Are you guys watching the same show as me? Littlefinger has nothing to do with Lancel, and Lancel has clearly already confessed all to the High Sparrow, becoming one of the Faith's main stooges. It's Oliver. Still, just for fun, it makes more sense to entertain the wild theories of Gendry and Rob Arryn than Lancel. Again, Lancel has confessed all to the Faith, and only despises Littlefinger as a moneylender and brothel keeper. He's not a gift Littlefinger could give.

Can't you read what was written just two posts above? Littlefinger didn't give Lancel, he gave the information about Lancel having a part in Robert's death and also in Cersei's bed. And who cares if the High Sparrow already knows? Olenna and Littlefinger don't know that (and we don't know it either). And it's still a gift from Littlefinger to Olenna, right?

And what is Olenna supposed to do with Olyvar? He's in the High Sparrow's cells now, and he has already confessed (with Loras's birthmark as a proof).

I quite like the idea of it being the Hound.

LF and Olenna then turn and yank every lever so that Cersei feels confident about using trial by combat, only to reveal the Hound as champion.

But I think it really is only Lancel.

Or perhaps a no longer existing Olyvar, so there is no witness.

But really, a rather short and simple thing, not a big twist and complex story thing.

And what is Olenna supposed to do with Olyvar? He's in the High Sparrow's cells now, and he has already confessed (with Loras'sbirthmark as a proof).

Read my earlier post. Olyver is going to claim that he gave false testimony against Loras, per Littlefinger's instructions, and that Cersei put him up to it. It really is that simply, guys. The birthmark knowledge can easily be dismissed because Olyver was Loras's squire. Olenna doesn't need to do anything at that point. Loras and Margaery walk free.

Can't you read what was written just two posts above? Littlefinger didn't give Lancel, he gave the information about Lancel having a part in Robert's death and also in Cersei's bed. And who cares if the High Sparrow already knows? Olenna and Littlefinger don't know that (and we don't know it either). And it's still a gift from Littlefinger to Olenna, right?

And what is Olenna supposed to do with Olyvar? He's in the High Sparrow's cells now, and he has already confessed (with Loras's birthmark as a proof).

"But I have other information of which she is unaware." Cersei is quite aware of what Lancel did, having personally directed it.

The information might be "the High Sparrow knows about it, and Cersei doesn't know he knows".. which might please Olenna as revenge, but doesn't help her grandchildren, and more importantly isn't a gift given by Littlefinger.

Even so, the writers could certainly still have Littlefinger mean Lancel.. their attention to details of continuity and logic are equivalent to a goldfish swimming endlessly past the same castle. We are spoiled by the writing of GRRM, where small details matter and can be used to build other theories with some assuredness.

"But I have other information of which she is unaware." Cersei is quite aware of what Lancel did, having personally directed it.

Cersei is aware of what Lancel did, but she's not aware that Littlefinger knows.

Cersei is aware of what Lancel did, but she's not aware that Littlefinger knows

Make sense.. the High Sparrow said "We were going to let this go, originally. Lancel confessed in great detail quite some time ago. No harm, no foul, really. It's not like you killed the High Septon, amiright? But then, Olenna told us that Littlefinger knew! How embarrassing for us as an institution, to have a brothel keeper known for having spies everywhere know something that we knew! So you're under arrest, dirty cell, mean septa, yadda yadda yadda. Sorry about that."

Make sense.. the High Sparrow said "We were going to let this go, originally. Lancel confessed in great detail quite some time ago. No harm, no foul, really. It's not like you killed the High Septon, amiright? But then, Olenna told us that Littlefinger knew! How embarrassing for us as an institution, to have a brothel keeper known for having spies everywhere know something that we knew! So you're under arrest, dirty cell, mean septa, yadda yadda yadda. Sorry about that."

Wow, so much nonsense...

1) I never said that LF's information was the reason why Cersei was arrested. I just answered to the question "who is the handsome man who's a gift from LF to Olenna", and it's Lancel. You know, LF can give this information to Olenna as a gift while the High Sparrow already know it...

2) YOU are the one who asked why LF told "But I have other information of which she is unaware" to Olenna, and when I answer to you that he's talking about the fact that Cersei is unaware that LF knows about her relationship with Lancel, you put this into the High Sparrow's mouth? What is this nonsense? I never said the HS arrested Cersei because LF knows, I was answering to your question about why he said that to Olenna. That's surreal...

3) Cersei never killed the High Septon in the show.

LF said it outright, "The SAME gift I gave Cersei." It is Olyvar. The info Cersei doesn't know is that Olyvar worked in the brothel. They even made a show of LF looking through the hole in the wall before going in to Olenna. LF told the QoTs that Olyvar worked in the brothel and they will say he watched Loras with a girl and lied about sleeping with him because Cersei made him.

LF said it outright, "The SAME gift I gave Cersei." It is Olyvar. The info Cersei doesn't know is that Olyvar worked in the brothel. They even made a show of LF looking through the hole in the wall before going in to Olenna. LF told the QoTs that Olyvar worked in the brothel and they will say he watched Loras with a girl and lied about sleeping with him because Cersei made him.

Oh...yeah. Hmmmmm????? I'm going with this theory.

The problem with the Olyvar theory is that if he changes his testimony, he will be arrested for lying to the faith just like Margaery was. Being a nobody with no powerful connections to help him out of trouble would leave him doomed, I don't see him sacrificing himself for Littlefinger like that.

Archived