Just who is the High Sparrow? [spoilers]

Fragile Bird

Yep, first popped up in the 'general' section in February of 2014. Pretty sure the guy copied it from reddit iirc.

The tl;dr version is that the high sparrow matches the description of a sparrow that Brienne/Pod run into near the beginning of AFFC, therefore saying that he came from North of Kings Landing, as well as sharing several similarities with the descriptions of the Reed children. Namely being short, tying their hair in a knot, and having brown hair and brown eyes.

Then the High Sparrow reminds Cersei that she had Ned Stark executed on the steps of the sept, therefore proving that he is indeed a Stark loyalist, and who's the only Stark loyalist unaccounted for? Howland Reed. Obvious connection there.

Here's the thread if you're interested. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104527-howland-reed-high-septon/

At least Darrio=Euron hasn't shown up yet in this show.

What, what?!?!?

i thought Daario was Benjen.

New casting calls for S6 may hopefully (FINALLY) lay this to rest.

Good point, even though its only laying to rest one of the more asinine theories.

As for the sparrow. I really think that his religious fanaticism is for real. But that's not to say that he's not playing a game of his own. And this guy is definitely a wolf in sheeps clothing, he preyed on the desperation of the masses which gave him the power to have them literally break into the sept where they "humbly" crowned him the new voice of god on earth. The commons may not realize it yet, but they've empowered a ruthless fundamentalist who IS only going to bring more bloodshed to the realm. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he tries to use the coming of the long night as a reason to punish the "wicked".

This dude is more dangerous than Euron and Ramsay combined right now.

Archived