Book Spoilers - Did the "Next Week" Give Away a Twist

JonSnow4President

I think this is the episode where Theon admits the truth to Sansa. He'll tell her that he didn't kill her brothers. He just lied to cover up his failure. And he'll tell her that Ramsay knows, and he is lying about it, too. Then they start bonding in their shared misery and begin planning their escape. Since Theon can move around more freely, he'll probably be the one who meets Brienne & Co, and then the ball can start rolling. If we're particularly lucky, there will be a scene where Sansa inserts that screwpull (or knife, or whatever it was) into Ramsay's eye socket somewhere in there. Probably not, but one can hope...

Based on the trailer, Sansa tells Theon - that she doesn't know what was done to him to make him so, but she hopes she could have done it. I think thats when he breaks

Yeah, IMDB is not reliable-but it feels like great timing to bring in Benjen Stark. I noticed on other boards the question of his where-abouts have popped up again..I think very soon either we'll find out his fate or hopefully some of the rumors are true-he's being held as a prisoner...I hope so-what a great way to end this season, Benjen Stark kicking a$$

This episode would be amazing if they bring in Benjen Stark to help with the wildlings. Also would love to have Theon and Sansa come to terms about escape. I agree with the poster who commented on Sansa's remark breaking Theon. He's lost all respect for himself but to see the look of hatred and disgust on the face of a person who knew him before Ramsey, I think that will be the catalyst which takes him to the weirwood. Then (perhaps) we can get Bran's voice through the tree.

So many things still to cover and only 23 shows left in which to complete a story which has taken GRRM more than 20 years. Unfortunately I feel things are only going to get more rushed as we move along.

This episode would be amazing if they bring in Benjen Stark to help with the wildlings. Also would love to have Theon and Sansa come to terms about escape. I agree with the poster who commented on Sansa's remark breaking Theon. He's lost all respect for himself but to see the look of hatred and disgust on the face of a person who knew him before Ramsey, I think that will be the catalyst which takes him to the weirwood. Then (perhaps) we can get Bran's voice through the tree.

So many things still to cover and only 23 shows left in which to complete a story which has taken GRRM more than 20 years. Unfortunately I feel things are only going to get more rushed as we move along.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm going to be so upset if she just breaks him into confession right there as she yells at him, as opposed to prompting him to go to the weirwood. WE NEED THE WEIRWOOD! Theon and Bran need more focus, Sansa can't be the source of everything.

I also hope they bring in Benjen Stark. It'll be hilarious though - and I wouldn't put this past them - if they telegraph the episode with a Benjen scene in the "previously on Game of Thrones" bit. I hate "previously on..." sections as much as I hate spoilerific "next times". They destroy any sense of pacing/complexity the story has.

I think Benjen will somehow come back and be a major player in the future. I have no idea how, or when, but I am hoping it does happen. I see this as the perfect platform for someone to tell Jon a secret that everyone is waiting to hear. If you think about it, wouldn't Ned Stark's brother know for sure if R+L=J.

I am just hopping something along those lines occurs. That would be an epic scenario.

Yep. It seems she will keep her word about what she'd do if Jorah came back to the city. She's lightened up maybe a tad because of the "gift" but he'll have to fight in the pits. Tyrion will probably watch alongside Dany, M, and Hidzar

This just erks me about the show, which I'm not usually one to bitch about, but I could see this happening as well.

Dany's whole stance in the show was that it needs to be free men and people that are "unwilling" should not still be forced to fight. Yet with Jorah i feel like it will be okay because he screwed her over.

Maybe Benjen is a warg and will show up with a massive direwolf at Hardhome.

That would be cool. With Ghost absent from Hardhome, there will be no direwolf there. It's a shame, cause it would have been cool to see a direwolf among giants, walkers and wights. Would have made for quite a massive fantasy episode.

A certain person is also listed among the cast on IMDB in episode 10. Of course, IMDB is notoriously inaccurate as a predictor of future guest stars, and the characters initials are BS. So, take it for what it's worth.

Benjen Stark, I'm guessing? I call BS.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm going to be so upset if she just breaks him into confession right there as she yells at him, as opposed to prompting him to go to the weirwood. WE NEED THE WEIRWOOD! Theon and Bran need more focus, Sansa can't be the source of everything.

I also hope they bring in Benjen Stark. It'll be hilarious though - and I wouldn't put this past them - if they telegraph the episode with a Benjen scene in the "previously on Game of Thrones" bit. I hate "previously on..." sections as much as I hate spoilerific "next times". They destroy any sense of pacing/complexity the story has.

I hate the "previously on..." As well. If you have a brain you can tell exactly what's going to happen that episode from it. I refuse to look at them anymore.

OMG WE DESPERATELY NEED A WEIRWOOD MOMENT.

Bran is turning into some sort of a demi god they cut him out this season, fine but they can't completely ignore his importance in the story. Bran's power supposed to mean something like Bloodraven didn't go through all that trouble to get Bran stuck to a tree if Bran wasn't going to do something with his powers.

Also There was something very powerful about Bran talking to Theon and keeping an eye on him. Theon did some terrible shit to the starks, but Theon got brutalized for it in a way no human should have, but Bran saw what Theon went through was reaching out to him to tell him to snap out of his misery. I thought that was a very powerful moment like it highlighted Bran's powers he can talk through trees like that is just crazy no one can do that he is definitely the most powerful magical human out there, also his goodness he is not about watching Theon suffer more.

I want to see a weirwood moment with Bran too. That would be much more powerful and convincing a motivator for Theon than Sansa just yelling at him or shaming him. After the way Ramsey has traumatized him, its going to take an intense spiritual or supernatural experience for Theon to transcend his fear and do the right thing. But I think they also need to foreshadow it at least an episode ahead by showing Bran's ability from Bran's point of view, seeing Theon through the eyes of the wierwood tree in the Winterfell Godswood. Otherwise it would seem too out of left field to make sense.

I want to see a weirwood moment with Bran too. That would be much more powerful and convincing a motivator for Theon than Sansa just yelling at him or shaming him. After the way Ramsey has traumatized him, its going to take an intense spiritual or supernatural experience for Theon to transcend his fear and do the right thing. But I think they also need to foreshadow it at least an episode ahead by showing Bran's ability from Bran's point of view, seeing Theon through the eyes of the wierwood tree in the Winterfell Godswood. Otherwise it would seem too out of left field to make sense.

I agree. I wonder even if Bran is technically cut out from this season why they couldnt just have Theon/Reek just totally get freaked out at the wierwood tree from some mysterious noise or message that only he could hear. I think that would be enough and would serve as somewhat of a cliffhanger for the Unsullied as to WTF just happened there. It would all be explained next season when Bran comes back entangled in the wierwood roots and Reek snaps back into Theon to save Sansa.

I just dont believe there is ANYTHING that Sansa could do or say to snap Reek out of it. If she does it by merely threatening or scolding him, that seems kind of weak.

Archived