Are Sam and Gilly going to Oldtown/Braavos this episode?

RenlyTheOneTrueKing

Sam and Gilly need to be sent to Old Town before Jon gets all stabbed. They are going though. No way they aren't. Too many clues already.

this is more likely stannis catching her and mel trying to burn shireen against his will so he kills her instead could make him the shows version of aa. still think jon fits better but the show is so random to the books who knows. i think sam and gilly will leave maybe thorne might even be the one to send them away so that no one has jons back at the wall

Yes i think this is it. She tries to kill the daughter and she is brought before Stannis. That would be crazy if he killed her, but why not?

The summary that has been released for Ep. 9 says that Jon returns to the Wall, so maybe he'll send Sam and Gilly away that episode and we'll get the adventures at Oldtown in S6.

Jon returns to the wall. Arya runs into someone from her past. Mace visits the Iron Bank. Stannis faces a difficult decision. Daenerys oversees a celebration of athleticism.

Why would Selyse burn Shireen? We know that she didn't even want Shireen to go with them (she told her herself) because she knew what Melisandre was planning to do.

i think she feels like every time she see her, she sees her failure to give stannis an heir and is ashamed of her because of her looks. plus she looks up to mel for giving stannis a son and wants him to win the war. mel has a way of twisting follower into things thy normally wouldnt do. i know davos would die trying to save her. i dont think the 7 kingdoms would accept stannis even if he won the throne after killing his daughter so thy will try du it in secert and fail. mel will be sent to the wall in time to save jons body

Stannis will die in an ambush by Ramsay. Mel will resurrect him by burning Shireen without his permission since, well, he'll be dead.

I'd be super pissed if Stannis dies this way. He has been described as the best military commander and strategist in Westeros. If he goes down to a sneak attack by a completely unseasoned psychopath it will feel so cheesy to me. Even with the losses they are taking I have to imagine Stannis will be well protected.

Makes sense to have Mel get sent back to the wall and then she is there to save Jon. She probably realizes sometime around there the true importance of Jon. How else is everyone going to figure this R+L=J out?

Why the hell would mel be at the wall at all? Jon isn't dead according to GRRM, so no need for resurrection. (He didn't say it literally, but it's rather clear).

Oh, and what has R+L=J has to do with this? Do you really think that it will be like:

Mel back to the wall

Jon stabby stabby

Mel resurrects Jon

Mel says: I was such a fool, when you died I saw you were the child of R+L and you are AAR.

Yeah, no way.

Why the hell would mel be at the wall at all? Jon isn't dead according to GRRM, so no need for resurrection. (He didn't say it literally, but it's rather clear).

Maybe Jon isn't dead because of Mel?

In the books, Mel never joined Stannis on his warfare against Winterfell but stayed at the Wall.

Maybe Jon isn't dead because of Mel?

In the books, Mel never joined Stannis on his warfare against Winterfell but stayed at the Wall.

Oh yeah, that makes a strong point. Turning things around.

I don't understand why people assume Mel will resurrect Jon. She never did anything like that. Yeah Thoros or myr did, but she isn't aware of that power (in the books).

I don't understand why people assume Mel will resurrect Jon. She never did anything like that. Yeah Thoros or myr did, but she isn't aware of that power (in the books).

She has the power to transfer "souls" or change the look of a person (Mance), why should she not be able to resurrect people? Becaus she didn't resurrect people in the books until now?

In the books when she wants to see the chosen one in the fire, she doesn't see stannis anymore but she recoginzes Jon.

So there are several hints, why Mel has to be at the Wall. I don't think, that only warging will save Jon for being dead.

But ok, it's the TV show. In the show it's maybe not necessary that Mel is at the Wall when Jon get's stabbed.

She has the power to transfer "souls" or change the look of a person (Mance), why should she not be able to resurrect people? Becaus she didn't resurrect people in the books until now?

In the books when she wants to see the chosen one in the fire, she doesn't see stannis anymore but she recoginzes Jon.

So there are several hints, why Mel has to be at the Wall. I don't think, that only warging will save Jon for being dead.

But ok, it's the TV show. In the show it's maybe not necessary that Mel is at the Wall when Jon get's stabbed.

What are you talking about??? She hasn't transfered any souls. Mance was just using rattleshirts 'clothes' to appear like him, and there was some magic involved that made rattleshirt look like mance (not entirely, just a bit). At least, that's what I think you are talking about..

Oh and your logic about 'Mel might be able to resurrect someone, because the fact that we didn't see her do it yet, doesn't make it necesarry that she can't' is also bullshit. With that kind of logic, you can say: Jon will resurrect himself. We've never seen him don't do it, so why couldn't he do it himself?

Yeah, she stupid enough to think Stannis is AAR but it is Jon (I see only snow...)

IF Jon wargs into anything (Ghost OR a person) he will be able to do it himself (just like Bran). No need for Mel to be there.

Please stop trying to make things you've read here once a fact. Everything that isn't in the book and is on this forum are theories and ideas. I don't see Mel won't do anything that will help Jon survive, but your just making things up.

I am sure Sam and Gilly head south this season.

casting for next season includes people who sound like Randyl Tarly, his wife and son. This is where Sam in the books tries to take Gilly [spoiler/]

I would think ep 10 is Jon getting stabbed and Dany on Dragon, two huge cliffhangers. Maybe even Vary and Pycelle.

She isn't aware of it in the books, but in the show she is. When she met the BWB to get Gendry she asked Thoros "How many times have you brought him back?" So she is aware of the ability in the show, whether she can perform the task is another matter.

And if I have leared anything from the show, it is to never expect what happens in the books to happen in the show. This could get interesting...

She isn't aware of it in the books, but in the show she is. When she met the BWB to get Gendry she asked Thoros "How many times have you brought him back?" So she is aware of the ability in the show, whether she can perform the task is another matter.

And if I have leared anything from the show, it is to never expect what happens in the books to happen in the show. This could get interesting...

I said (in the books), so yeah I knew that already.

But saying that 'she might revive him in the show; so he's dead and requires some sort of resurrection in the books' is bullshit.

Archived