Wiki

Koult45

It would seem that I have been spurned by the wiki. Whenever I try to log in, it says "There is no user by the name "Koult45". Clearly this is not the case. (If you were wondering, I was planning on editing this page (the ADwD US paperback column is unfilled)). Any ideas on what's wrong here?

The wiki has been updated, and because of that, everyone with an account who hadn't logged in at least once before that update, is currently unable to log into the wiki. The IPB-Wiki Bridge is currently disabled, and that's the thing that used to create a wiki account which was then coupled to your forum account.. Because the bridge is down, no new accounts can be created.

You can read more about it on the wiki-thread, starting from here, with every now and then other issues that come in between.. Goes until post #918

The way I understood it, the bridge was disabled so the wiki could be updated. The update worked (there's now a mobile compatible version), but the bridge doesn't function with that update, so, for now, it is down..

My guess would be that after the show-season has ended, there is more time for the problem to be checked out.

Relevant posts (especially the bolded):

Right, forgot to post. We've upgraded to 1.24.1. This allows mobile devices to use the MobileFrontend that Wikipedia has for mobile devices, which makes a much nicer mobile experience (except for the main page, which isn't coded to stack up as the rest does. Wikipedia solves this by seeming to provide a special, mobile-only version of the main page. Not sure how they do that).

But there are caveats:

1) CSS editing isn't working for some reason. We're trying to get help on that. Until it works, we're stuck with things being wonky: the headers on the main page are a few points too far down, and also the sidebar banner is actually padded out to spill out of it.

2) IPB-Wiki authentication is off until we've an opportune (aka not right before ep 1) time to work on whether we can get it to work with 1.24.1. This means that new members of the forum, even with requisite posts, won't be able to edit. Current members with editing privileges need only make sure they are logged into the forum, to get a cookie from Westeros.org that will then make sure they can log in to the wiki.

3) And of course there may be other kinks and bugs along the way that we haven't hit on yet. Please report any obvious problems, bearing in mind that slowness, lag, or even downtimes are likely in the wake of episode 1.

Yes, the thing is that once IPB-Wiki Bridge worked properly, you basically never referenced the Wiki account, other than for the bridge to say "Yes, this person is the same as that person."

But without the bridge, if you changed passwords since the time you originally registered for the wiki (via the forum login), you'll have to use your old password.

We do have trying to fix the bridge for this version as one of our projects, but we're starting to get very pressed for time thanks to the show and all that our coverage of it entails.

The wiki has been updated, and because of that, everyone with an account who hadn't logged in at least once before that update, is currently unable to log into the wiki. The IPB-Wiki Bridge is currently disabled, and that's the thing that used to create a wiki account which was then coupled to your forum account.. Because the bridge is down, no new accounts can be created.

You can read more about it on the wiki-thread, starting from here, with every now and then other issues that come in between.. Goes until post #918

The way I understood it, the bridge was disabled so the wiki could be updated. The update worked (there's now a mobile compatible version), but the bridge doesn't function with that update, so, for now, it is down..

My guess would be that after the show-season has ended, there is more time for the problem to be checked out.

Relevant posts (especially the bolded):

Spot on. Sorry, Koult45, but right now new sign ups aren't happening. We'll try and tackle that as soon as we can, but it may be several weeks more.

Thanks for the answers.

Until new sign ups are allowed can there be a thread on the forums where people can point out mistakes they've found on the wiki?

I like this idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Afraid not. We had no time during the season and now we are travelling, so we won't be able to look at it until we come home. And then it will depend on whether we can safely open up registrations on the wiki with no connection to the forum, as the bridge no longer exists and we don't have the ability to create a new one ourselves.

Afraid not. We had no time during the season and now we are travelling, so we won't be able to look at it until we come home. And then it will depend on whether we can safely open up registrations on the wiki with no connection to the forum, as the bridge no longer exists and we don't have the ability to create a new one ourselves.

Ah, I see. Travel safe!

Archived