What will Stannis do? (Show spoilers)

nationalanthem91

I guess the title is pretty self-explanatory. As of episode 7, Stannis has the option of either sacrificing Shireen to R'hllor or not sacrificingShireen and risk losing the battle at Winterfell.Mel sure gave him a pretty awful ultimatum, basically saying "willingly kill your daughter or kiss your dreams if being king goodbye."

The majority part of me is pretty confident Stannis would never kill his own daughter, no matter how much he'd want the Iron Throne. This season has shown how much he cares for and loves Shireen. You can psychically see his paternal instincts kicking in when Mel even suggests doing such a thing to his daughter, hence why after she says there's "no other way", he just kicks her out of the tent. He looks as if he could have gotten sick from such an idea. It was actually a pretty good acting moment from Stephen!

I don't know, maybe it's just the wishful thinking in me, but I just really don't see Stannis ever agreeing to killing his child. What do y'all think?

I dont think he will go through with it... But my opinion is that Mel has a charm spell over Stannis and that as Winter approaches that spell will grow stronger.

Stannis is my favorite character in the series ATM, and I am afraid that Mel is going to get him killed. I think that Mel has realized that Stannis is not TPTWP once she met Jon Snow, so at this point I think she is using Stannis for all he is worth while she tries to figure out how to work her magic on Jon.

I dont think he will go through with it... But my opinion is that Mel has a charm spell over Stannis and that as Winter approaches that spell will grow stronger.

Stannis is my favorite character in the series ATM, and I am afraid that Mel is going to get him killed. I think that Mel has realized that Stannis is not TPTWP once she met Jon Snow, so at this point I think she is using Stannis for all he is worth while she tries to figure out how to work her magic on Jon.

You think she has realized that in the show? I didn't get that impression at all. She seems - confused in her own methodically put-together way. Similar to the books, really. Just more direct. Carice has said in interviews that Mel doesn't know why she is drawn to Jon, she just knows that she is.

This to me is confirmation that, if Shireen is getting burned, it will not be at the directive of Stannis.

I also find it beyond unlikely that Stannis will die this season. The showrunners have already indicated that they will not be passing significantly into book six material. Killing Stannis would definitely qualify.

Somehow Mel has convinced Stannis that God speaks his truth through her, and every time she's been wrong is because of what someone else did or did not do. She stressed the need for king's blood sacrifice in the last episode as being the only course of action left because he must be king before winter comes, or dire things will happen to Westeros. It all depends on how much he believes in her 'predictions' where Shireen's future is concerned. I pray he does stand his ground on this matter.

Burning Shireen would require going above and behind of Stannis, Davos and all the Kings' men who would protect their heir... It would break forever the faith of Rhlooor and the Baratheon household, so pretty much it's a no-no.

Stannis will first hang Mel, Selyse and everyone of their supporters before allowing them to touch Shireen... He would sail to Essos and destroy all the temples of R'hlor to take revenge.

This to me is confirmation that, if Shireen is getting burned, it will not be at the directive of Stannis.

I also find it beyond unlikely that Stannis will die this season. The showrunners have already indicated that they will not be passing significantly into book six material. Killing Stannis would definitely qualify.

I agree. They've said that a few times, that there aren't a whole lot of spoilers for TWOW. Killing Stannis would entirely change the course of the story and so yes, it would be a huge spoiler. (Thanks for reminding me of this - I feel better now!). That though also makes me think that the Boltons won't be departing either though...

I agree. They've said that a few times, that there aren't a whole lot of spoilers for TWOW. Killing Stannis would entirely change the course of the story and so yes, it would be a huge spoiler. (Thanks for reminding me of this - I feel better now!). That though also makes me think that the Boltons won't be departing either though...

Yeah, I very much doubt we will be getting rid of the Boltons this season. I think the end of the Winterfell storyline will be very much like the end of the Winterfell storyline in A Dance with Dragons. The one exception in all this being Brienne. She is the wild card. I suppose she can fulfill the function of Mance Rayder for the meantime, until they can delve back into her material from the books once they can really started adapting The Winds of Winter.

or they think that book actually is told the readers about the outcome before shpwing the battle i.e., the PInk letter is liegt

what wee see as spoiler may not seem spoiler to the show runners

or they think that book actually is told the readers about the outcome before shpwing the battle i.e., the PInk letter is liegt

what wee see has spoiler may not seen m to spoiler to the show runners

Geez, thanks for leading me back to the edge!! Just kidding. That's a fair point. What's going to happen with the Pink Letter on the show is just as confusing!

Geez, thanks for leading me back to the edge!! Just kidding. That's a fair point. What's going to happen with the Pink Letter on the show is just as confusing!

its all confusing right now but in a two weeks we will get the picture...i am only trying to not to get your hopes up only to be crushed again

I thought those sample chapters GRRM released proved that Stannis is still alive...

GRRm has said things dont happen in chronological order in the books...whats happens with jon happens after the battle and Stannis chapter happens before For the watch in the time line

what wee see has spoiler may not seen m to spoiler to the show runners

I highly doubt the Pink Letter is legit due to it's inconstancy with demanding Reek back and the book laid some not too subtle hints that the Freys/Boltens will get backstabbed by Manderly and get ticked to march onto ice

If D&D are smart they will find a visual way to fake Stannis's death, someone else wearing his armour or something, to really troll the viewers.

I have just remembered that Brienne may meet up with Stannis this season and explain to him what she saw when Renly died. Hopefully that will drive a further wedge between Stan and Mel.

You think she has realized that in the show? I didn't get that impression at all. She seems - confused in her own methodically put-together way. Similar to the books, really. Just more direct. Carice has said in interviews that Mel doesn't know why she is drawn to Jon, she just knows that she is.

Oops... sometimes I am thinking of the books when I post on the TV forum...

I want to add that my comment was not a 'spoiler'... but just merely speculation on my part... though many probably agree with me.

Agologies if I spoiled anything for anyone.

i don't think stannis reason for wanting the iron throne is made explicitly clear. i think a few times he is stated that is his right, he is just another guy who wants power. lets face it no one want this throne because they want to serve the people not even dany she wants to get back her family's prize, everyone wants it for only one reason and that is power. i mean dany can come back and say the throne belongs to her as it was stolen from her father what will stannis do then. i mean it is hard to place stannis he doesn't come off across as someone who always will do the right thing, only if the right thing suits him.

also it wasn't made clear why he burned mance either. stannis asked him to bend the knee and he didn't so it seemed like he got burned for that reason, that is how i saw that scene play out. when jon asked about the other wildlings stannis says they will either bend the knee or he will burn them like mance. obviously he doesn't follow up with that threat so that was kind of is confusing. first of all i never liked stannis interfering in the running of the watch, it should have been jon's prerogative how to punish mance not stannis. stannis taking refuge in nights watch has exposed the nights watch to partiality when the nights watch is a haven for neutrality, obviously what is to stop boltons from sending an army to attack the watch. sorry off track.

I don't recall that, TBH. I thought it was something to the effect of "They're your problem now, Lord Commander"....

Then he should have recognized rule by conquest and abdicated when he got his ass handed to him at Blackwater. Stannis is power hungry and uses his "morality" to hide it.

I don't think you know how Kingdom laws of succession work...

I don't think you know how Kingdom laws of succession work...

Sure I do. The right of conquest is recognized as an ability to keep the peace of the realm, which Stannis repeatedly violates. You can even consider the conqueror as sort of a winner of a trial by combat in Westerosi culture, where the gods supposedly endorse the winner as the true "chosen" king. Stannis is a petulant, entitled brat who believes that the kingdom belongs to him and punishes anyone who happens to disagree.

Archived