‘Point Break’ First Trailer: Johnny Utah Rides Again!

AncalagonTheBlack

Well... at least they found another actor with enough vacant staring and bland emoting to adequately replace Keanu Reeves.

Aside from that, fuck you Hollywood.

Edit: Also, I hope the Red Hot Chili Peppers show up again to get shit beat out of them in this version.

I don't even know whether I ever finished the original movie in one sitting (Point Break is older than I am and it was one of those movies - like ironically The Fast and the Furious - that seemed to be playing on some channel every forthnight), but this just screams unnecessary to me. I really don't get why they had to name this one 'Point Break', it looks like a surefire way to alienate people.

I mean, the acting looked quite crappy (and the trailer spoils way to much for the few people on earth who haven't seen the original), but damn it the stuntwork looks amazing. I would have loved to see an original story with those stunts in it. I might have given it a chance on an average score if it hadn't been named Point Break. Now it will have to get pretty rave reviews to get me to the theatre.

A shame really, if they really wanted to use the name 'Point Break' they should have taken a leaf from George Miller's book. Instead, they seem to have taken the usual lazy route and remade it entirely. What they should have done is make a whole new story à la Fury Road if they absolutely wanted to use the name.

Point Break: ...and out of all these years, I have learned something that you still haven't got.

"Point Break": Yeah? Why don't you astonish me, shitface?

Point Break: [punches new "Point Break" in the face] Respect for my elders...plain and simple.

Archived