Archipelacon - attendance list and party plans

Can everyone from the board that will be at Archipelacon please post in this thread to confirm that you will be there.

There is a list at the start of the main thread but it's not up to date so I thought it best to start a new thread for this.

Part of the reason is just so we all know who will definitely be there and also so I can figure out what we can do party wise.

I'm still waiting for final confirmation from the organisers but I believe the BWB party will be on Friday evening at Hotel Arkipelag, across the street from the convention centre. The space where we will be hosting the party is either outdoors in the pool area or in one of their function rooms. Unfortunately we are not allowed to run our own bar but I have asked if we can work with their bar staff to arrange our own special drinks for the night. They said that should be fine but I'm still waiting for a final answer. The hotel might be able to order in speciality ales and beers so long as they have a Finnish importer, so if there is anything in particular that anyone wants to order please get your requests in now.

Please be aware that we may need to pay a minimum sales guarantee to the bar in order for it to be open strictly for our party only (rather than the general public). So either our party needs to be super successful with everyone from Archipelacon coming and drinking there, or we need to drink a hell of a lot by ourselves - shouldn't be a problem either way but we may need to cover the difference if it comes to that.

As for party plans - I think we're going to have a raffle with some awesome prizes up for grabs. I can arrange printing stickers to be given to all party attendees on the door, that would certainly be easier and cheaper than making badges for everyone, though we could still do that if we want to. I can bring the House banners that we have at TitanCon to decorate our party space.

Feel free to make suggestions if you have an idea for the party, perhaps something you can bring to it, or a theme for the party.

I know there are at least a dozen names I could add to this attendance list myself but I will wait for people to post themselves just to make sure everyone has seen this thread and knows what the plan (as it currently stands) is.

UPDATE

OK - slight change of plan folks, our party is now going to be on Saturday night from 9 pm - 11 pm. There are no other parties going on at that time so we will be the main Saturday night party.

We will be in the pool area of the hotel Archipelag. The bar there will stay open until 2 am so the party will go on beyond 11 pm - but it's only those two hours from 9 pm that we have exclusive use of the area. From 11 pm - 2 am members of the public will also have access to the pool area bar. The good news is we don't have to pay anything for the use of the space and no need to worry about making a minimum sales target or anything like that.

The bad news is that the bar won't be able to get special beers and ales for us after all, sorry about that. But we can talk to them about making a special cocktail for the evening. Unfortunately we cannot provide food or snacks for the party either so we are going to have to do other things to make the party special.

We can run a raffle. There is a stage with a DJ and apparantely we can request the music we want played. I can bring the banners with me though I don't know how we will be able to hang them, we might need to check the place out on Thursday and source some hanging materials on Friday from somewhere in Mariehamn. I'm also planning to print some BWB stickers that we can put on people's namebadges on the door.

Please post here if you have some ideas to help make our party awesome.

ATTENDANCE LIST

theMountainGoat

williamjm

Pebble

Steinman

WOLFGANG I

Targh

Maltaran + twin

Sini

SamanthaofTarth

Toft

Kat

Ran

Linda

nyles33

Alytha

bobbechk + 1

Wee_Birdie

joluoto2

Aderyn

kcat

Pod - though he has not checked in here yet...

I just noticed the comment about drinks in the OP - I'll accept anything from this list, please :P

http://www.ratebeer.com/country/finland/71/

I noticed local Åland brewery "Stallhagen" have a beer on that list (be it on 50th place hah) that I'm 99% sure that they will have in stock at Arkipelag (including other Stallhagen beer), the brewery have a range of other nice beers including a historical beer recreated from 5 intact bottles salvaged from a 1840's shipwreck of the coast of Åland.

These should also be for sale on the ferries from Sweden in case you want to bring some to the cabins/hotels.

Anyhow, I'm a native Åland resident and will be attending the con (along with my wife), I'm not sure I would be able to come to the party but I'll give it some thought.

If you guys need any local knowledge let me know.

OK - slight change of plan folks, our party is now going to be on Saturday night from 9 pm - 11 pm. There are no other parties going on at that time so we will be the main Saturday night party.

We will be in the pool area of the hotel Archipelag. The bar there will stay open until 2 am so the party will go on beyond 11 pm - but it's only those two hours from 9 pm that we have exclusive use of the area. From 11 pm - 2 am members of the public will also have access to the pool area bar. The good news is we don't have to pay anything for the use of the space and no need to worry about making a minimum sales target or anything like that.

The bad news is that the bar won't be able to get special beers and ales for us after all, sorry about that. But we can talk to them about making a special cocktail for the evening. Unfortunately we cannot provide food or snacks for the party either so we are going to have to do other things to make the party special.

We can run a raffle. There is a stage with a DJ and apparantely we can request the music we want played. I can bring the banners with me though I don't know how we will be able to hang them, we might need to check the place out on Thursday and source some hanging materials on Friday from somewhere in Mariehamn. I'm also planning to print some BWB stickers that we can put on people's namebadges on the door.

Please post here if you have some ideas to help make our party awesome.

Archived