Show haters: What are the reasons you still watch?

Joe Pesci

I am simply curious as to the reasons why people who dislike and hate the show so much continue to watch it and would be interested in their responses.

And if possible, please don't turn this into the R&R thread :thumbsup:

Outlander tonight was worse than anything GoT has ever done. Lol haters.

glad you are still here ...

will you be more active in off season and casting threads

and to the OP i dont hate show i dislike someof their changes but its still one of the best shows in the world and i want an ending which i am not sure we will have from books

glad you are still here ...

will you be more active in off season and casting threads

Hey Drogonthedread good to see ya. Yeah I'll be more active in the off season. I think this is only my second post in the GoT section since the season started. I still post often in the Entertainment sub forum though.

I dunno. If I hated something as much as some of the show naysayers did... I'd just stop watching and definitely wouldn't bother with a message board on the subject. Sure the show has it's short comings and doesn't measure up to the books. It's painfully obvious in some ways. No tv/movie adaptation ever does. Still it entertains me, and I keep watching. Heck, I'm just happy we're getting new material finally even if it is almost fanfic'ish in some ways.

I liked the tone of Rome more but still watched and rather liked Spartacus Blood and Sand.

I hated the way Hollywood used the title of one of my favorite book to make a generic blockbuster movie barely having any similitude with the true World War Z stories (and more that they blocked any truthful adaptation by purchasing the rights to do this crap) but still, as a brainless blockbuster and trying to forget its title I judged the film no worse than others in this genre, and had a good time watching it.

Etc...

Maybe I'm not a true show hater, but globally I judge GoT a very decent show, although I dislike many of the choices D&D made (I'd even say "most" story alterations this season) and would dream to see another adaptation taking directions I'd like more (who knows, with actual tendancie to produce remakes and reboots of anything popular perhaps another ASOIAF show will be made if it's a success, so I certainly still want GoT to be one).

Voicing negative opinions about the show is just a way to increase the chances that next season or eventual new version, is closer to our expectations.

Not a hater but also not a lover so will answer here: I keep watching for three reasons:

1) there are actors in this who I really like watching, especially Dinklage
2) I'm curious to know what they will do with it - as Lord Lannister says, it's like a fan fic or something

3) I want to know what everyone else is talking about

Hate is too much, but dislike, more and more. But I want to know what they are doing with ASoIaF, because I like this one. For curiosity only, not for enjoyment anymore. I don't mind for spoilers. Usually I read reviews before watching. I would like the show to remain a mean to convince people to read the books. But I'm more and more concerned by what may think people who only watch the show.

• It's based (ever more loosely) on my favourite book series so there's a certain level of investment and curiosity.

The spoilers from the show will inevitably seep in through social media and this forum so I may as well get them first hand (though I'm dubious as to how much the show can spoil if it strays from the books so much).

Each individual scene is usually well acted with high production values.

Those scenes which aren't, like Dorne, take on a "so bad it's good" quality.

It's fun to snark on here and tumblr about it.

I am simply curious as to the reasons why people who dislike and hate the show so much continue to watch it and would be interested in their responses.

And if possible, please don't turn this into the R&R thread :thumbsup:

What's even more curious are those that say they don't watch the show but still like to come on this site and flame it.

Because a lot of it these days is of the "it's so bad it's good" type, so poorly written and shot it's unintentionally hilarious. Like every scene in Dorne so far, especially the "epic" fight which made me laugh out laud for good 5 minutes. Then the R&R threads here are great fun too.

Also there are still some good scenes like once an episode, so it's not a total loss in that respect.

Because the show will eventually pass the books and we have been told that the endings will be mostly the same. I wont be able to live under a rock and avoid spoilers from the book ending for however many years it takes GRRM to finish A Dream of Spring. I would rather have the book series spoiled by the show than by social media, etc.

The opposite of love is not hate; it's indifference.

My idea is that if people take the time to come here to express "how much they hate the show now" or how "they're done with the show" , they're actually quite obsessed and will never stop watching.

And there it is. They're all just as invested in the show as everyone else is.

Archived