MMA & Boxing (v16)- Get it together, man.

Ramsay B.

Mitrione's eye was one of the sickest things I've seen in a fight in a while.

I was starting to get worried that if he took another direct hit on it the pressure would cause a rupture in the conjunctiva. I couldn't decide if it was a combination of the scratches and then the big hit, or if he broke one of orbital bones. It looked like the former, but they gracefully didn't show it enough for me to be sure.

I was starting to get worried that if he took another direct hit on it the pressure would cause a rupture in the conjunctiva. I couldn't decide if it was a combination of the scratches and then the big hit, or if he broke one of orbital bones. It looked like the former, but they gracefully didn't show it enough for me to be sure.

They really only showed it the one time right after he got up and when he was turning around it looked like a damn racquetball was glued to his head above his eye. Second nastiest thing I've seen besides Lawler's upper lip splitting like the Red Sea.

They really only showed it the one time right after he got up and when he was turning around it looked like a damn racquetball was glued to his head above his eye. Second nastiest thing I've seen besides Lawler's upper lip splitting like the Red Sea.

Yeah, it was horrid. The judge should have stopped the fight when he went down if he saw it (I don't like to always assume the judge has a clear view of such things), that was really dangerous. The swelling from damage inside the eye can cause it to pop out of the socket. These days with the kind of medical staff they probably have he'd probably make a more or less full recovery, but we don't need to see that kind of shit on TV and the risk was too great in my mind.

Archived