MMA & Boxing (v16)- Get it together, man.

Ramsay B.

As I said I don't like Fury but, fair play to him, despite not being spectacular that was a fairly intelligent fight on his part, he used his size and Klitschko's conservatism against him well. Bizarrely passive from Klitschko though, HBO had a statistic after about the 10th round that his career low in punches at that stage prior to this fight was 109 against Haye, he was at 42 tonight.

That was rubbish but entertaining somehow. And I shouldn't like Fury, he's an arse with some bad views, but... I mean, did you see that in the ring afterwards? How can I not?

Wlad was absolutely dreadful, but Fury helped him be. Used both his size and his movement to take Wlad's weapons away.

I haven't watched either of the Klitchko's in their prime, so that needs to conceded right off the bat.

That said, I have now seen the last 3 title fights of Wlad, and have not been impressed in any one of them. Against Fury though, wow. For someone who rules a sport for so long he sure didn't look confident, and incredibly cautious.

I was happy Fury won but it was such a boring fight. I was waiting for Klitchko to open up at any point...but he just didn't, it was odd. Fury's postfight performance was incredible. Praising jesus countless times, then crying and then singing Aerosmith...wow.

It's a shame Fury-Wilder will have to wait.

I guess no one watches Glory right?

Seems a lot smaller of an organization than UFC. 

Well it's also a different sport to the UFC...but yeah I watch it occasionally. Problem is it never got shown on TV here because it was on Spike but that might change since Spike dumped them and they've been picked up by ESPN.  

Spike still airs it over here.

The fight sports I loved to watch as a kid was the K1 kickboxing, a sport dominated by Dutch fighters who in the 90's would go to Japan and make a lot of money in these K1 tournaments. Guys like Hoost, Peter Aerts, Remi Bonjasky and 6'11 Semmy Schilt.

At some point this all split up and it seems to have become Glory. But the field of competitors seems to me to be much narrower than UFC. That said some of those heavyweight fighters are very, very impressive. Rico Verhoeven for instance.

Don't know if I'll ever get used to seeing how drawn out Conor looks at weigh in. Looks like a different guy almost. Dude's an amazing fighter but he's taking years off his life getting to 145lbs.

Archived