MMA & Boxing (v16)- Get it together, man.

Ramsay B.

I'd like to see Conor to get force fed some humble pie, but even before this rib injury thing, I'd been having the sinking feeling he's going to win this. Get used to him ladies and gentlemen. We're gonna hear this Irish man's hot air for a long, long time, I'm afraid.

I'd like to see Conor to get force fed some humble pie, but even before this rib injury thing, I'd been having the sinking feeling he's going to win this. Get used to him ladies and gentlemen. We're gonna hear this Irish man's hot air for a long, long time, I'm afraid.

i don't see it, how does the best pound for pound fighter on the planet lose to somebody who is being given a title shot before it is deserved (other than in ticket sales)?

The betting line on this fight is so out of whack it isn't funny. If Conner wasn't such a personality the line on this fight would look something like -450 for Aldo. As it is Conner is the betting favorite. Unreal.

That being said it is good for the UFC if Conner wins. It's been a long time since they have had a star like Conner. Get him the title and a few more wins under his belt and he might start doing Brock Lesnar type numbers.

As much of a wind bag as Conor is, he is also a legitimately skilled and dangerous fighter. When I picture him fighting Aldo, I see him coming out on top. I hope and pray to be wrong on that one. He's a bigger, longer striker than Aldo with great footwork and power for the division. I suspect this could be a real tough match up for Aldo. I don't know if Conor should be any heavy favourite or anything, but he's my pick, and I'm far from alone on that.

I'll be delighted to be incorrect, cause I can already hear that guy now if he had the gold.

This is good, definitely preferable to Aldo fighting injured. Still bullshit that they're putting up an interim belt for this though. Also, it should be changed to the co-main IMO. Prediction for the fight? I think Mendes wrecks Conor but as I said, this will be Conor's real test, if he passes there's no denying that he's legit.

I also believe Mendes could be a worse match up for Conor than Aldo. Now we get to see what Conor can do against a "real" wrestler, which has been one of the knocks on the match making for McGregor by people who believe he has been spoon fed.

I don't believe that by the way. From his first match, with a then soaring Markus Brimage, who I was impressed with at the time, especially with the way he shut down Jimmy Hettes, Conor has faced legitimate and increasing levels of competition. But this will, indeed, be the first time he has faced someone attributed with "elite" wrestling credentials. We get to see if that is his kryptonite or not. Should be a good one which ever way it turns out.

It's a weird way to phrase it because all of Aldo's UFC fights have been title fights. He's defended his belt 7 times in 4 years.

True. He's pulled out of a few title fights but he does always fight recently after so it is a bit misleading.

ETA: Saw the replay of the Machida-Romero fight yesterday and it was pretty damn impressive. Romero was just waiting to pounce the whole time and when he did it was brilliant. Unfortunately, I missed his post-fight rant.

I am looking forward to this fight and I actually want Conner to win. It would be nice to see someone actually step up and be a star that people other than MMA fans recognize. He will either be shut up after this fight, or he will have a big band wagon.

As for Aldo, the guy is great but you can never see him fight. How much of a professional are you if you have to miss half of your work?

Archived