College Football 2015: OSU, The Three-Headed Dragon

Rod Gilmore just dropped a GoT reference on the Egg Bowl broadcast, a la "Chaos isn't a pit, it's a ladder." ^_^

I like where we are at the half. The game isn't over...but damn, it feels great to see us play that well in the first half. To ruin Dak's final game, in Starkville, would be the sweetest possible thing.

Interesting.  Bottom line scroll just said Fuente will be the head coach at VaTech.

Yes, this is interesting for us Hokie fans.  He seems to be one of the hot up and coming coaches, though I think I was hoping we'd snag Tom Herman because he seems more of an ace recruiter - the one knock against Fuente seems to be that he's not super engaged on the recruiting front.  But we'll see.  The other big news is that apparently Bud Foster has agreed to remain on as the DC (and presumably most, or all of his staff).  That would be great.  And strangely, rumor has it that Shane Beamer will be retained - this is perhaps not so great.  But, we'll see.

I'm still digesting the news - and note that it's still not official - after traveling to Charlottesville to see us beat poor UVa for the 12th year in a row.  Now there's a team I'm rooting for to keep their current coach...

This is stressful and not great. I hope we have some D-line depth coming next year.

ETA: And secondary depth.

Yes, stressful. 

I didn't even care about the playoff. I assumed that a 1-loss ND team didn't have much of a chance. I just wanted a one-loss season and a New Year's Day bowl win. Still may get the latter, I suppose.

Now to go sleep off the stress of watching this game.

Yes, stressful. 

I didn't even care about the playoff. I assumed that a 1-loss ND team didn't have much of a chance. I just wanted a one-loss season and a New Year's Day bowl win. Still may get the latter, I suppose.

Now to go sleep off the stress of watching this game

*hug*

You guys had some brutal injury luck this year, but that was a great team. Hopefully we can take care of USC next week again and get the Rose Bowl lined up - pretty sure we are toast for the playoff as well at 2 losses, but I'll take a Rose Bowl.

One of the games of the year for sure. 

So up at the inlaws, I'm delaying us leaving watching the end of the game, (my wife has even packed up the car herself since I didn't want to stop watching the game) notre dame scores, ruling stands, 30 seconds remaining, I look at score, I look at fussing baby, I look at exasperated wife, I say, "Stanford is never going to win this. game's over. let's go. Stupid luck o the Irish" Father in law texts us the result as we're driving home. Hahaha haha! ! :D:D

Archived