College Football 2015: OSU, The Three-Headed Dragon

That was an awesome idea not to kick the field goal in the first quarter oregon. :)

come on - 4th and goal from the 1 and you're giving them shit for going for it? That's weak. It's the right call, and was a meh play.

Am somewhat more optimistic about Oregon. Oline needs help, Adams needs a couple more games, but the team is competitive and the defense is adequate.

OK another question for you guys.

It seems as if being a Louisville fan in Louisville is a lot like being a Raiders fan in San Francisco. Why is this? It's like 70/30 Cat's to Card's around here.

I can't get a straight answer out of a Cardinals or Wildcats fan to save my life.

Edit: After I posted this I realized that a good guess would be because I live in eastern Louisville.

I'm curious how much the injury to Adams' finger was impacting him.  He did struggle to drive the ball downfield on several throws especially that final missed 4th and 15 where a strike would have had it. 

Where the hell were Carrington and Allen?  I don't think they were even targeted all night through it was refreshing to see Addison back with a vengeance. 

@ MSU in a close one is a "good" loss especially early. 

OK another question for you guys.

It seems as if being a Louisville fan in Louisville is a lot like being a Raiders fan in San Francisco. Why is this? It's like 70/30 Cat's to Card's around here.

I can't get a straight answer out of a Cardinals or Wildcats fan to save my life.

Edit: After I posted this I realized that a good guess would be because I live in eastern Louisville.

Depends on your demographic I suppose. Until very recently, Louisville was very much "little brother" playing in a conference like the Metro. It wasn't until they were part of Conference USA in the early 90's that they really started working their way up. Sports fandom being primarily a cultural thing handed down from on generation to the next, I'm sure most that you encounter have trickled down their allegiance over the years.

Now you mofos need to build off that win and beat Schtuyte a few weeks hence down in Starkpatch.

Here Here!  Indeed  :cheers:  I still remember about 5 years ago going to the game at commonwealth stadium and watching MissSU celebrate after the game and rubbing it in to all the UK fans who were still there.  Paybacks are a bitch.

I think I'll actually see if I can find some good seats for the Florida game next week.  It's only been 29 years since we beat them.  I was 8 years old, and UK football was "That Thing Dad Watches On Saturday That Makes Him Yell At the TV".  Might as well be there.

Here Here!  Indeed  :cheers:  I still remember about 5 years ago going to the game at commonwealth stadium and watching MissSU celebrate after the game and rubbing it in to all the UK fans who were still there.  Paybacks are a bitch.

I think I'll actually see if I can find some good seats for the Florida game next week.  It's only been 29 years since we beat them.  I was 8 years old, and UK football was "That Thing Dad Watches On Saturday That Makes Him Yell At the TV".  Might as well be there.

While there are exceptions, MSU fans are generally awful people whenever the team is pretty good, as they've been the last few years. Such is the case with little brothers.  :p

Florida didn't exactly set the world on fire yesterday. I'd say at home, y'all have a good chance. 

Depends on your demographic I suppose. Until very recently, Louisville was very much "little brother" playing in a conference like the Metro. It wasn't until they were part of Conference USA in the early 90's that they really started working their way up. Sports fandom being primarily a cultural thing handed down from on generation to the next, I'm sure most that you encounter have trickled down their allegiance over the years.

I think being a UK fan in Kentucky is a lot like being a Cal fan in NorCal, also, Bones.  It's a familial / cultural thing, not just alumni.

Just found out that I will be in attendance for said Florida game myself. Looking forward to it!

if I find some tix I'll look you up.  Not as easy for us that have real jobs ya know  :P

Nevermind unless some of my season-ticket connections can't make it.  People are asking $300/seat, and $300 for a PARKING PASS.  A. PARKING. PASS.

Oklahoma game was one of the craziest I've ever seen.  Offensive line is a massive work in progress, but we've got quite a few easy games in a row to try to get it sorted out before we play the good teams in the conference.  And the defense actually looked fantastic.

ESPN Radio has been running a promo for Saturday that says: "Clemson takes on a desperate Louisville team in an ACC match up."

Hearing Louisville called "desperate" warms the cockles of my heart. :thumbsup:

Well, it looks like we are one step closer to a charlie Strong firing here in Texas as Steve Patterson, the UT Athletic Director is up to be fired this week. I am pretty sure that no matter what, Strong will be given the rest of the season to show improvement, but when you get blown out by a  Notre Dame team that should have lost to Va Tech, and Rice gives you all you can handle, you really can't coach a Longhorns team like that.

Archived