College Football 2015: OSU, The Three-Headed Dragon

Do you know anymore on why they do this? Also, how is it not offsides?

They do it because they can get away with it. They've been doing this trick - especially in jumbo situations - for a while now. 

And both times they did it last Saturday their guard ran into their center trying to go across his face for a zone block, and both times  the center dropped it a bit.

Eh. I don't think that implies an 8-team playoff. It just implies more than 4. And even that's suspect. We said that last year too around this time - what happens if everyone wins out! OMG PANIC! Remember how excited we were that Ole Miss and MSST were in the top 4 of the rankings? 

Teams lose. Things fall apart. Oklahoma has already lost to Texas; why they would be expected to go undefeated is a bit mysterious. Alabama probably doesn't have a chance in hell of losing until the SEC championship, but they have a chance. Clemson isn't likely to lose but they've still got some competitive games. Notre Dame still plays Stanford. Ohio State still plays Michigan, Michigan State and likely Iowa.

If you think that all of those games named above are going to be won by the favorites I've got a title bet to make with you.

I'm not saying that that is what is going to happen re: all those teams. I'm saying it would be a good thing because of the fallout it would cause if it did happen.

There will probably be an upset, but I wouldn't want try to pick what it would be.  All of the favorites *should* win out.

I could see ND losing to Stanford.  I could also see Clemson losing in the ACCCG to North Carolina.   Michigan and Michigan State will both likely be a tough out for Ohio State.  Oklahoma State still has to play Oklahoma and Baylor.  Oklahoma still has to play Oklahoma State and TCU.  

I think that the team most likely to win out is Alabama.  Behind them I'd put Oklahoma, Clemson, and Notre Dame.  If it comes down to a toss up between ND and OU, ND will get in as common opponent = Texas.  If Oklahoma State wins out, I do believe they will get in but they play an angry Baylor this weekend and an OU team that is on fire after that.  They get 'em at home but that'll be tough.

Would be interesting to see a final four of - Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Clemson, Alabama.  No Pac 12 and no B1G might make for an interesting off-season. 

I could see ND losing to Stanford.  I could also see Clemson losing in the ACCCG to North Carolina.   Michigan and Michigan State will both likely be a tough out for Ohio State.  Oklahoma State still has to play Oklahoma and Baylor.  Oklahoma still has to play Oklahoma State and TCU.  

I think that the team most likely to win out is Alabama.  Behind them I'd put Oklahoma, Clemson, and Notre Dame.  If it comes down to a toss up between ND and OU, ND will get in as common opponent = Texas.  If Oklahoma State wins out, I do believe they will get in but they play an angry Baylor this weekend and an OU team that is on fire after that.  They get 'em at home but that'll be tough.

Would be interesting to see a final four of - Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Clemson, Alabama.  No Pac 12 and no B1G might make for an interesting off-season. 

Um, Iowa is also undefeated. They just have to beat Nebraska and the winner of the B1G 10 Leaders division (I know they changed the names to geographic based but I like the douchy names better)

Um, Iowa is also undefeated. They just have to beat Nebraska and the winner of the B1G 10 Leaders division (I know they changed the names to geographic based but I like the douchy names better)

Wouldn't it be sweet if Nebraska takes out another undefeated top 10 team?

But, if somehow Iowa wins out, they'll be in the playoffs.

Ha, forgot about Iowa.  I don't see them winning out but stranger things have happened.  They could definitely be a 1-loss and if that loss is in the Champ. game they'll still have a decent playoff claim.

Ha, forgot about Iowa.  I don't see them winning out but stranger things have happened.  They could definitely be a 1-loss and if that loss is in the Champ. game they'll still have a decent playoff claim.

The only possible way Iowa has a claim would be if that loss in the Big Whatever championship was to a 2 loss Michigan.  Even then, I think its more likely that the Big Whatever gets shut out of the playoffs in that scenario.

Iowa is going to have a hard enough time getting in as an undefeated team, much less with a loss.

They were ranked 5 last week, now 6, undefeated and with the schedule they had. If they stay undefeated, that means they beat the likes of Ohio State (or one of the Michigan teams, which either one had to beat Ohio State), which would be a strong enough win to jump them over Notre Dame.

Let the Lord of Chaos reign!

Its about to get really interesting in the last weeks of the season!

And Les Miles will be looking for a job...

I will miss The Hat. Honestly, look at how much talent he pulls in vs. the team's performance on the the field. Like I've said before, I would love it if Les hung around in Red Stick indefinitely. 

The UK radio guy seriously said JoJo Kemp's touchdown run was "Ki-Jana Carter like."  

That would have been quite the compliment... 20 years ago.

Methinks a more modern comparison could have been found.

Vernon Adams threw six TD's to six different receivers today and had fewer than six incompletions.  This really does look like a "what could have been" season for Oregon.  That Utah game where they were embarrassed at home was obviously, in hindsight, something that was a result of mailing it in temporarily.  If they played again in Eugene now Oregon would win. 

Rooting hard for Cal to take out Stanford tonight but not expecting it. 

Oregon State lost at home to a so-so Washington team 52-7.

Ohio State, this is what happens when you hire Tim Beck as your OC. He didn't know how to break Michigan St's defense last year with Nebraska either. Sure Nebraska had a near comeback in the 4th, but it had to do more with their fighting spirit than Beck's skill.

Ohio State, this is what happens when you hire Tim Beck as your OC. He didn't know how to break Michigan St's defense last year with Nebraska either. Sure Nebraska had a near comeback in the 4th, but it had to do more with their fighting spirit than Beck's skill.

That was bad offense, watching the same plays fail the same ways down after down.  Ezekiel Elliot publically blasted the play calling after the game then announced he wasn't going to be returning for his senior year.  It was pretty classless but I agree with his complaints.  

At least the Gophers won today.  It was nice to see that team finally get a win after playing so well in some close games with great competition.   

Is it really a forgone conclusion that Miles is going to get canned @ LSU?

Id say it's fairly likely. According to an LSU alum / business acquaintance of mine, Miles was coaching for his job against OM. The biggest obstacle is his massive buyout ($15 mil; thanks Jimmy Sexton) but the big money alums are supposedly fed up with his failure to deliver on expectations.

Sweet! Please fire les miles, that way USC doesn't have to pay his buyout when we hire him. Though Usc, might have to fire Haden first if he wants to do something stupid like stand by Helton and let the possibility of hiring a coach that wins national championships slip away, but no biggie and probably for the best of we get rid of Haden and hire a real modern professional athletic director for the first time in forever instead of arresting the position like a glorified coronation joke.

That is to say I hope we fire Haden and hire les in the next couple months.

It would be great les miles crushes Oregon like it ain't no thing, nobody on the west coast can manage that!

Archived