College Football 2015: OSU, The Three-Headed Dragon

I canceled directv and got att for the pac12 network. Love it so far, better programming than sec network.

So if directv gets pac12 this season my complaint cancellation is clearly responsible and you're welcome.

Also att u verse is so beautifully fast, none of this delayed reaction directv nonsense.

2004 usc cal game running on pac12 network, will I see myself in the student section? Also, Jesus rose colored Leinart glasses I had back then, bad throws in abundance often bailed out by his murderously great receivers and running game. Stares down his receiver every time. Rodgers demolishing with mind blowing play, more than doubles usc in offensive stats but cal wasn't scoring. Unbelievable we won this.

I canceled directv and got att for the pac12 network. Love it so far, better programming than sec network.

So if directv gets pac12 this season my complaint cancellation is clearly responsible and you're welcome.

Also att u verse is so beautifully fast, none of this delayed reaction directv nonsense.

2004 usc cal game running on pac12 network, will I see myself in the student section? Also, Jesus rose colored Leinart glasses I had back then, bad throws in abundance often bailed out by his murderously great receivers and running game. Stares down his receiver every time. Rodgers demolishing with mind blowing play, more than doubles usc in offensive stats but cal wasn't scoring. Unbelievable we won this.

Yeah, Leinart was a noodle armed hack who looked great because every single guy he started with was a long term NFL player.

I wouldn't say he was a hack, he made great throws and played consistently (both bad and good kinds of consistent) but he was no Rodgers or Luck, he's more McCarron. A hack doesn't destroy a mediocre team like Oklahoma in the orange bowl because a hack would have screwed up and kept the other team in the game. My point was he's a middling NFL qb at best, and everyone at SC thought he was top tier at the time. He had spectacularly bad luck in the NFL with injuries but wouldn't have taken his team to the postseason--a fact true of most starting NFL qbs.

Oregons schedule looks ideal to break in a new qb, all the tougher games in the back six and only two games in the first six, Utah and Michigan state that might give someone pause.

Missouris schedule is pretty favorable, the usual one two three of East powers as the first conference games, do our usual 2/3 split on those and we stack up favorably to win the division again.

If ucla has a qb, they win the south, but I think Oregon takes the conference title again.

I find myself rooting for Vernon Adams to be successful at Oregon. I love these kind of stories. Kid overlooked by everyone, and can make a name for himself through hard work and a little bit of luck, to get where he's at now. I've watched a lil YouTube of him. Seems the exact type of QB to be successful at Oregon. A ESPN article I read about him said, "he looks like a squirrel with roller blades on evading the rush.". Who doesn't want to watch that?

I'll play the way too early prediction game:

Acc: Clemson
PAC 12: Arizona
Big 10: Ohio state
Big 12: Oklahoma
Sec: LSU

Disclaimer - Probably wouldn't have made a couple of the above picks if there was money on it.

I generally host one with family & friends, and enjoy it heartily for bragging rights and such (plus, if Kentucky isn't winning games, at least I can pull for them to beat the spread!)...

Well PM me or whatever with the details. Or we'll do it right on the thread. It'll definitely add a lil excitement to the thread.

ETA:will it be a weekly pick em' or conf. champs?

Pac-12: Oregon
Big 10:Ohio St.
SEC: LSU
Big XII: TCU
ACC: Clemson

I always want to put my eer's there, but I don't believe its a reality. I do think we're gonna have a good year though. 8-4, could pull out 9-3. Defense is stout and I think we'll start seeing more production out of the offense on a more consistent basis.

Hmmm...why would S John go with darkhorse Arizona in the Pac-12...hmmm...

:P

I have done shamefully little research into the whole landscape this year, so I'll offer predictions on the Pac-12 and Big Ten only.

I think it's impossible not to pick tOSU in the Big Ten.  Maybe one of the best coaches ever at the top of his game with three proven QB's.  Unreal.

In the Pac-12 I am torn between Oregon and USC (though those are my picks for the division winners), but I'm going with USC at this point.  It's not a prediction I make with a ton of confidence, and Sark is still just an OK coach in my eyes.  But I think USC slowly continues to recover from the BS sanctions era and, more importantly, has a great returning senior QB.  Oregon is either with Lockie who backed up Mariota or Vernon Adams, the hyped transfer from Eastern Washington.  I have to think that Adams will win the job (Kal? what are you hearing on this?), and he did indeed look way too good for FCS the two times I saw him.  I will not shock me if Adams is a money QB in Oregon's system.  But it's still a big question mark, and Kessler is such a proven commodity at USC.  I'm going with USC by a nose, but it's a bitchy, equivocating prediction.

Very tempted to just pick Arizona State to win the PAC-12 and then sit back and watch the world burn. I think it's a really strong conference, but every team has flaws. I actually think Stanford will be better than last year, but I don't know that we'll have that one-loss season needed for national relevance.

Very tempted to just pick Arizona State to win the PAC-12 and then sit back and watch the world burn. I think it's a really strong conference, but every team has flaws. I actually think Stanford will be better than last year, but I don't know that we'll have that one-loss season needed for national relevance.

I was quite disturbed to learn that Hogan was back for one more year.  One of the more disturbing moments I can recall in recent memory. 

like trisk I'm way less informed on the state of the sport relative to all the other prior years in this thread. That said, the pac 12 south is the toughest division in the nation this year, and no team from there will be unblemished enough to win the conference nor vie for a playoff slot. If Stanford can maintain their momentum from end of last season they are very well positioned with personnel and schedule to take the conference.

Ucla in the south on the strength of coaching and personnel and depth. I think neuheisal wins starter, but Rosen is a hell of a backup down the stretch.

The 13 sec teams not Alabama are so mistake prone that Alabama wins on basics and boringness and not letting the other team score.

Harbaugh needs time to dethrone meyer, this rivalry is gonna be epic.

Florida state face plants, but Clemson can't convert the opportunity.

In the counting challenged conference I used a dartboard.

Hmmm...why would S John go with darkhorse Arizona in the Pac-12...hmmm...

:P

I see where he's going too Trisk.....blasphemy, blasphemy, blasphemy! I had a "In Rod We Trust" shirt. I loved that shirt, until he shamed us, lol. Now, its floating in the ether somewhere.

On a serious note, RichRod is one hell of a football coach. He's perfect for college, and Michigan will regret it. Arizona will be a contender in the Pac-12 year in, year out while he's on campus. When he left us at the alter, I'd never take him back. Now that the wounds have healed....I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Well PM me or whatever with the details. Or we'll do it right on the thread. It'll definitely add a lil excitement to the thread.

ETA:will it be a weekly pick em' or conf. champs?

Weekly pick'em against the spread (or we can do straight picks where you just pick the winner, but I prefer picking against the spread).  Probably drop each player's worst week, that way if someone doesn't get their picks in on time one week (inevitably happens) it doesn't knock them out of the running. 

I'll post the signup info here once I have it

Archived