ChrisEye

• 2 weeks later...
There are a lot that I like too.

CharlieInWesteros (Predictions)
Alt Shift X (Theories)
Teflon TV (Analysis)
RedTeamReview (Theories)
Preston Jacobs (Tinfoil theories)
Emergency Awesome (I like that he does videos often)
RadioWesteros (if you're down to listen to a podcast, they have great analysis of RLJ and more)

These are the one's I find myself excited when they upload. I don't really care for Emergency Awesome I find his videos stale like hes reading a teleprompter, but his videos are really just for show watchers who don't read the books. Could never really get into RedTeam either but he's got talent. I've never listened to any of the podcasts but I'm going to give them a go.

James Johnson and Crew

Preston Jacobs

Alt Shift X

History of Westeros Podcast

Teflon TV

These are the one's I find myself excited when they upload. I don't really care for Emergency Awesome I find his videos stale like hes reading a teleprompter, but his videos are really just for show watchers who don't read the books. Could never really get into RedTeam either but he's got talent. I've never listened to any of the podcasts but I'm going to give them a go.

James Johnson and Crew
Preston Jacobs
Alt Shift X
History of Westeros Podcast
Teflon TV

I agree about emergency awesome. But I would highly recommend to anyone that hasn't listened to the Jon Snow or the RLJ talks on RadioWesteros to do so! Great analysis and theory crafting!

There are a lot that I like too.

CharlieInWesteros (Predictions)
Alt Shift X (Theories)
Teflon TV (Analysis)
RedTeamReview (Theories)
Preston Jacobs (Tinfoil theories)
Emergency Awesome (I like that he does videos often)
RadioWesteros (if you're down to listen to a podcast, they have great analysis of RLJ and more)

I like Preston Jacobs being described as tinfoil theories I think he is probably the most overrated. His theories are clearly a little crazy.

Alt Shift X and Rawrist are excellent.  BarTube also has some brilliant analyses, definitely needs some work to make her channel a little better, but she definitely has great potential!

GOT Academy has some good theories too, but I think their videos are pretty hit or miss.

I like Preston Jacobs being described as tinfoil theories I think he is probably the most overrated. His theories are clearly a little crazy.

I really liked his Littlefinger Debt Scheme series, it's probably the most concise interpretation of what he's up to!  His other videos however...

GRRM has explicitly states that ASOIAF is not in the same universe as his other novels, and that he uses magic sparingly and doesn't over explain it, otherwise it loses it's effect.  PJ's recent videos have been all about how Westeros isn't really fantasy, it's all science-fiction instead, and that how magic just doesn't exist and it really has to do with xyz technological advances of other systems.  It's made his last few videos rather unenjoyable to watch because it's mostly jargon and contradictions.  It's great that someone is drawing on the authors other novels to support their theories, but they can't really be treated as canon in the world in ASOIAF if the author himself has said that they're unrelated, you know? 

I love Preston Jacobs, though he goes into tinfoil teritory way too often lately. His last series was very wierd to watch. And the Dornish master plan one is WTF aswell. The other series atleast have a substantial amount of facts and solid grounds to stand on. Even if he delves into complete crackpot the longer a series goes on.

For example his LF debt scheme. His analysis of LF's actions is amazing. But when it comes to theorizing what will come next he goes on about how LF is obsessed with Harrenhal and fulfilling prophecy. Lol. 

Despite all of this he is the most entertaining one though. Has a good voice, well edited videos with some amazing art used and hilarious readings by Preston himself.

Alt Shift X is OK aswell.

Also watched one video of Emergency Awesome once, where he made a top 10 fighters in Westeros list. Which included Eddard Stark, Lyanna Stark and Brienne. Never watched his videos again.

Another amazing one is Radio Westeros. Though their videos are hours long and driven very much by careful analysis. So not much theorizing going on there, but when it does it's not crackpot but well supported and reasonable theories. I especially loved their video on the long night, the reading of the Lihtbringer forging was amazing.

Also watched one video of Emergency Awesome once, where he made a top 10 fighters in Westeros list. Which included Eddard Stark, Lyanna Stark and Brienne. Never watched his videos again.

:lmao: :lmao:

• 4 months later...
On 9/9/2015 at 0:41 AM, Tolsimir said:

I love Preston Jacobs, though he goes into tinfoil teritory way too often lately. His last series was very wierd to watch. And the Dornish master plan one is WTF aswell. The other series atleast have a substantial amount of facts and solid grounds to stand on. Even if he delves into complete crackpot the longer a series goes on.

For example his LF debt scheme. His analysis of LF's actions is amazing. But when it comes to theorizing what will come next he goes on about how LF is obsessed with Harrenhal and fulfilling prophecy. Lol. 

Despite all of this he is the most entertaining one though. Has a good voice, well edited videos with some amazing art used and hilarious readings by Preston himself.

Alt Shift X is OK aswell.

Another amazing one is Radio Westeros. Though their videos are hours long and driven very much by careful analysis. So not much theorizing going on there, but when it does it's not crackpot but well supported and reasonable theories. I especially loved their video on the long night, the reading of the Lihtbringer forging was amazing.

Love it, but gotta disagree. Enough detail to mean more than any thread here, and smart, SMART folks. 

It depends on what content you want.

I like the most:

Preston Jacobs (his theories are so mindblowing and yes, I know that he is probably wrong about half of that but still, you can actually see how much effort he puts in his channel)

Alt Shift X (popular theories very well presented with quotes from books, plus sometimes he really makes me laugh in the middle of video like with bad pussy and CLEGANEBOWL)

Redteamrewiew (I really like Carmine because you can see how much he enjoys making videos)

Emergency Awesome ( I like about Charlie is that he is for show watchers almost exclusively, he is also very posutive and brings positive energy to his videos, you can watch him in every ocasion)

Rawrist (she really shows attention to important things that others forget, her Targ kings and North series are so good and very well informing about things you might have missed, plus she shows attention to minor houses, too)

GoT Academy ( I like history and politics very much and they are like perfect channel for me and they are a very good team)

I cant really drop two of them so I have top 7 list.

Red Team Review

Radio Westeros

History of Westeros

Smokescreen

Charlie in Westeros.

I like Alt Shift X, Rawrist, GoT Academy (sometimes) and Because Geek too, but I'm limited to just 5. I'm not a fan of Preston Jacobs. He irritates me. Not sure why. Emergency Awesome was the first one I saw. I still watch but I feel that his heart is no longer in it.

Archived