[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

:lmao: I love every second of it.

Not that I am not enjoying the scenes; in fact, they were quite entertaining. But it was the first time that I actually felt strange watching the television adaption.

Well, good job by the show, they successfully established why Dany's dragons are absolutely essential, no way a human army could possibly win against that.

Not going to deny that the dragons will be important, but book Wights aren't World War Z style zombies, so I'd imagine the human armies will have a less harder time with them. The show humans though? They need them badly.

That was epic, just epic. How are they going to defeat a reproducing army? We need more Dragon glass and Valarian Steel than currently exist for sure. But who is the guy staring at Jon supposed to be? The Socerer?

You need Dragons/Dany, bro. Also some more VS blades would be nice. Perhaps Randyll Tarly could offer his up.

Maybe the Night's King sensed the danger Jon could bring to them, since he's also of Fire due to his Targaryen blood.

A fight between Jon and Night's king would be epic. At least he's got his Longclaw.

Jon is Stark/Targaryen blood, the Others potential worst nightmare.

I had a 'Thank The Seven they've stopped messing around and stepped up the pace' moment. No dead air this time. And no pouty Sand Brats; Tyrion getting down to what Tyrion does best - talking intelligently instead of drinking, Sansa pushing what could be a game-changing (for her at least) revelation out of Reek, minimum Sam/Gilly (I like both in the book, but they've not been much use this season), and major North-of-the-Wall action.

Thought Arya's scenes were rather draggy, but at least they let her out to let the girl (and us) get some fresh air. Sorry, but the TV interpretation of the House of Black and White has been gloomy and portentous and tedious.

Edited by Raksha 2014

not to mention

"I've been worried about Jon for years, he always comes back"

Yeah, I caught that as well.. Will just have to try and remember that in a week or two when he gets stabbed. How stupid and trivial is that whole for the watch going to feel like after tonights episode though.. Like they're doing it for the watch when Jon is doing it for all the living ones, you stupid Olly you..

Book losers, eat your heart out. The show has surpassed it finally.

If it were not for the book readers, there would have never been an interest in telling and adaptation on television for you and the rest of us to enjoy.

Just saying. :cheers:

Awesome episode but lol @ Sam's line "He always comes back." He might as well have winked at the camera. :lol:

and RIP NotVal as you guys are calling her. Could have used another notable wildling on the team besides Tormund.

Agreed. NotVal was cool. I guess overhead is too high to keep around a few more than nameless Wildlings. Is it just Tormund, Wun Wun, and Gilly that have names?

Yeah, I caught that as well.. Will just have to try and remember that in a week or two when he gets stabbed. How stupid and trivial is that whole for the watch going to feel like after tonights episode though.. Like they're doing it for the watch when Jon is doing it for all the living ones, you stupid Olly you..

I have a feeling that Olly isn't going to turn against Jon now.

Awesome episode but lol @ Sam's line "He always comes back." He might as well have winked at the camera. :lol:

and RIP NotVal as you guys are calling her. Could have used another notable wildling on the team besides Tormund.

Agreed. NotVal was cool. I guess overhead is too high to keep around a few more than nameless Wildlings. Is it just Tormund, Wun Wun, and Gilly that have names?