[Book Spoilers] EP508 Discussion

Ran

yes its going to be awesome ..

i think Stannis will be joining them and taking the place of the one jon killed today ..there is a theory out there he becomes nights king

I'm now convinced Jon is part of AAR prophecy and with Dany they can defeat them.Jon fighting NK and Dany with Drogon against Ice Dragon.It will be the best and biggest battle in the history of television.

Edited by Lord Friendzone

At this point, I have to say, the Arya storyline isn't really working for me. Like, this episode lays out in obvious detail how Arya can poison that guy with ease and no risk to herself, and then the cliffhanger is whether Arya can go poison him? What kind of dramatic structure is that?

Because that is what you should think... And then when it is about to happen as you expect it, it won't.

Guess she will bump into someone else she has a beef with. Will she be able to kill this person instead?

Basic setup for an upcoming twist, has been done over and over again and usually works with the majority of the audience.

Olly's conversation with Sam convinced me he's gonna have a hand in stabbing Jon. :(

Well, if foreshadowing were some kind of coating, methinks they've been laying it on pretty thick

Great ep. The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse on the Hill. The WW Commander made the fire diminish when he walked through to engage Jon. Jon is a great character. Tyrion and Dany , for me is a really interesting, I believe Tyrion is a Targaryen. The mad king was not averse to bedding whomever he wanted. Maybe he got Joanna pregnant? Waaaayyyyyy back in the first series , there seemed to be a bond betweeen Tyrion and Jon Snow. Tyrion as a child read everything he could about the dragons. So glad the show is pushing forward, this ep and last week's are two that I can say I did not get bored at all. Hardhorne Battle was really well done. The end scene is creepy. Welcome return to the atmosphere of that glistening first ep of the first series. And to all the DnD haters notice how they scripted this ep and last week's ep? I think they are doing a great joband GRMM should be pleased.

It means what it means, Why is the show generating more revenue than the books in a shorter amount of time? The mass enjoys this more than book readers.

Because comparing those types of mediums is akin to comparing the boil on your ass to the horns on your skull

I was completely underwhelmed by the final battle. Personally, an impressive fight scene is not one that throws as much crap on the screen as possible and adds to the tension by shaking the camera.

Yeahhh, you better not watch Mad Max:Fury Road then.

What's the deal with everyone thinking the White Walkers are former Starks? Where is that coming from?

Look up the story of the Last Hero, who was a Stark and the number of his companions. Then go back and watch the scene from last season, when we first saw the Nights King. They are the same Edited by Northbound3.0

Shireen is safe. Here's what's going down:

Ramsay does a sneak attack. A skirmish. Nobody significant dies

Melissandre looks into flames and realises AA = J [ the old magic CNN will be blaring this out after tonight]. She gets ready to do one back to the wall.

Selyse is crying [ back to season previews] as Melissandre abandons them. Stannis proceeds anyway.

In Ramsay's abscence, Sansa sends a message to the Wall...

Do you really think ChefRamsay will venture outside of WF and there will be no notable result/deaths?

Not being sarcastic...

I'm quite surprised that some viewers weren't impressed with Tyrion and Dany's discussions. I need to go through the scene again but everything they said seemed to hit all the right notes.

Like, there may not have been much plot-advancement but we instead have two of the strongest characters getting to know one another by demonstrating the best aspects of their personality. The scene worked, needless to say, though the "spokes on a wheel" line was a bit cheesy and Clarke's acting is still...well...

I have a feeling that in the books selmy will not live to see Tyrion and dany meet up. Something about that trio just doesn't seem to jive, like selmy would advise her to kill Tyrion and dany would trust his advice over tyrion's wit.

So while it was sad to see selmy go I don't really think he could be there and have Tyrion there at the same time. It's like dany had a hole in her council for a wise person who knows westeros that Tyrion can now fill.

I think you're absolutely right, although I think the books will show Selmy as the stallion he is which will be extremely rewarding no matter the end result

Because that is what you should think... And then when it is about to happen as you expect it, it won't.

Guess she will bump into someone else she has a beef with. Will she be able to kill this person instead?

Basic setup for an upcoming twist, has been done over and over again and usually works with the majority of the audience.

Then you should end the episode with that, not with a non-cliffhanger that doesn't promise anything interesting happening next week.

I'm now convinced Jon is part of AAR prophecy and with Dany they can defeat them.Jon fighting NK and Dany with Drogon against Ice Dragon.It will be the best and biggest battle in the history of television.

Nah i wont go that far jon will be important but not AAR ...but i agree with rest of that