[Poll] How would you rate episode 508?

Ran

How would you rate episode 508?  

998 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I've been down on most of this season, so I don't know if it's just because I've been bombarded with mediocre to crap so far. But damn. That was good. I'm not enough of a book snob that I'm going to deny everything original a solid rating, as long as it makes sense and is compelling.

So, barring missing some major inconsistencies (a possibilty on rewatch), I'm giving that a 10. I haven't felt that way about anything visual in a long time.

Gave it a 9. I can't recall anything that wasn't solid and I really liked how they did the Hardhome sequence. They covered a lot of ground, including some subtle hints of Jon's importance to the story, just in time to wrap Jon's ADWD arc. The Night's King I expect may be a plot device they've used to give the Other's a more coherent menace and emphasize their human origins. But it works for the show I think.

I can't quite give this a 10; parts of the episode were really average, but the last 20-25 minutes were absolutely awesome. A very strong 9.

What I liked:

- Arya. Again, they're doing a very good job there. I think I'm enjoying that arc more than I did in the books

- Cersei. They had some great moments here, and Lena Heady really brought it with one of her best performances.

- Hardhome. Absolutely awesome from start to finish. The wildling negotiations was really well done, and they deserve particular credit for actually making me worry about Jon, even though I knew he wasn't going to die there. And the Valyrian steel reveal was fantastic.

What I wasn't wild about:

- The time spent with the Boltons seemed redundant, that scene should have been in next episode

- I really did not like Dany and Tyrion. There is no screen chemistry there, and the acting was frankly wooden from both parties. I don't know what it is about Dinklege's acting over the last couple of episodes, but it's been really sub-par. The main reason this got dragged down a mark.