[Spoilers - like there is any other thread] NIGHT KING?!

Tyrion's Third Wife

Why would a creature like that taunt? Even if it is sentient, it doesn't fit with the character type, IMO. Seems like a too-human trait.

The Others laughed at and mocked Waymar Royce before killing him. It is in their character to be assholes.

fear cuts deeper than swords? They did the same scary mind games in the first episode, holding up the head and having the girl stare down the NW guy.

Fair point. Makes me wonder whether we're supposed to believe that the Walkers understand their enemy, then. Doesn't seem conceivable, unless they've some recollection of the last winter...?

I really, really was expecting him to say, "Come on, Jon, is this how you greet your uncle?"

J: But I never met my mother, who are you?

NK: *facepalms*

Jokes aside, I don't feel this as an spoiler but as a probable confirmation of a theory of mine. That makes me happy, kinda.

When he stuck his hands out to the side to raise the dead, I thought shit was going to come up from the water.

Seems a little redundant having him appear to raise the dead himself when we know they're automatic...

Does Rattleshirt come back or no?

I get the feeling the show Night's King knows exactly who Jon is (a Stark, a warg). They'll meet again, I'm sure of it.

Yar. I also feel like Night's King knows about Jon via another source of information. Benjen Also, he probably knows because of the dudes way back in season 1. Remember the planting of those wights? Maybe he can see through the wights' eyes?

He wanted Jon to see him do it. It was like a "come at me, bro" type of taunting, I thought

Also to show Jon just what hes up against. "You can swing that stick around and slay my guys, but do you think you can win?"

a warg with valyrian steel? More importantly, a valyrian with valyrian steel.

So I imagine it becomes important that brienne has a valyrian steel sword.... Made of Ice, no less.

Now I'm wondering how she'll play a part in an even bigger story line, once I saw that Valyrian steel can destroy White Walkers my first thought was Brienne...

Littlefinger also has that Valyrian steel dagger...

Why would a creature like that taunt? Even if it is sentient, it doesn't fit with the character type, IMO. Seems like a too-human trait.

To get into Jon's head and see how he reacts?

Don't you mean "Come at me, crow?"

You sir have won all of my internets.

Night King was about to say "Arrrrrrr plus ellllllllll".

Though this came close.

I really, really was expecting him to say, "Come on, Jon, is this how you greet your uncle?" (Well, not really, but it'd be worth it for the reaction)

Also, IIRC, last season we saw 13 WW on line as a sort of council, including the NK. Guess now they're 12.

No, Craster's son was inducted making 14.

I think we are going to find that the original source of the resurgence of the WW was Craster giving his male children to the Night King allowing him to build an army. When Craster was killed, no more babies, time to attack.

No, Craster's son was inducted making 14.

I think we are going to find that the original source of the resurgence of the WW was Craster giving his male children to the Night King allowing him to build an army. When Craster was killed, no more babies, time to attack.

Right, so they could be down to 13 again. Also, interesting that they decided to indict Baby Craster after Sam killed one.

They attacked before Craster's death, though.

Right, so they could be down to 13 again. Also, interesting that they decided to indict Baby Craster after Sam killed one.

They attacked before Craster's death, though.

I think Craster's sons become the lower ranked shirtless White Walkers rather than part of the "inner circle". He's been sacrificing his sons for years, so there would be way more than fourteen of them.

When he stuck his hands out to the side to raise the dead, I thought shit was going to come up from the water.

Seems a little redundant having him appear to raise the dead himself when we know they're automatic...

That or the water would start to freeze but then things would be over for Jon and Co.

Don't you mean "Come at me, crow?"

:bowdown: Yes just yes. Going to have to start calling the Night King the Icemaker due to that pose.

J: But I never met my mother, who are you?

NK: *facepalms*

Jokes aside, I don't feel this as an spoiler but as a probable confirmation of a theory of mine. That makes me happy, kinda.

I'd lol.

Archived