[Spoilers - like there is any other thread] NIGHT KING?!

Tyrion's Third Wife

It makes Jon's refusal of Stannis so much more significant. And that will explain why Benjen is missing, too.

Could be. I dunno if the Others mind about these things but, in theory, Benjen has more rights than Jon, as Jon's the son of a daughter (if he's not actually a bastard). But considering they might not, they just believe Jon to be the Lord (Ned)'s son.

How cool could be, though, that he finds out about his parents via the Others.

"I'm Ned Stark's son".

"Oh, my sweet summer child...".

I was looking to see if the Ice King was the same actor as Benjen Stark... Couldn't tell. Don't want to IMDB it either.

i feel like Ice King might've been more appropriate.

Did ya'll notice the transparency/thin layer of ice on his head/face?

There already is an Ice King of sorts....

The HBOGO extra feature - D&D called it...named HIM...Night King!

And...he has a tailored uniform. Really. It's nice.

Who the heck made it?

Who is this guy?

Love the Night's King outfit. Who knew the Others/White Walkers had a sense of style? :cool4:

rather.... rise of fire (dragons)... time for ice magic to go to work...

eta: didn't get the quote this was responding to, but the reason for the rise of ice, is the rise of fire (dragons)..

Yeah. The redesign looks a little better imo.

y u do dis?

hahahhaha

Damn that was funny

:V

You made me watch and I wish I hadn't. Watching that one piece of video made me secretly hope for Jon to start sign-language'ing the famous five notes to the Night King because they totally ripped that scene from Cold Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Seriously, what's next? All of the Starks will emerge from their mothership?

I believe that the Starks made a pact with the Others. The Lord of Winterfell was meant to fulfil such pact every certain time, and he would teach his heir to do the same. Rickard told Brandon, but as they both died, they never got to tell neither Ned or Benjen, and the Others got mad. As the Starks didn't do as promised, they decided to invade.

well to be fair, the clip cuts off before you see NK raise a bunch of fresh wights. He was showing Jon just how he raises wights. Its kinda legit pants shittingly spooky of a moment. But that guy had to do something silly.

Oh yeah, that would be a cool theory. I wonder....we are rumored to see Benjen pop up this season....

I think the Nights King was just curious that a sword didn't shatter and that made him take notice of Jon, then the arrogant dapper dead bastard decided to mind talk some shit and teleported or whatever he did to get to the docks in the time it took that boat to row 15 feet.

Right. He's trying to figure out who is this kid with Valaryn Steel? Like WHO is he, because Valaryan steel is not at all common, even in Westeros...

So his name on the hbo site is officially the Night King rather than Night's King. Does that mean he isn't a Stark and that Stannis can still become Night's King?

Doubt it. Remember we're so stupid to tell Osha from Asha apart.

Jon gets stabbed in ep10, White Walkers crush the wall, Night King rises Jon.

Hope the first thing he does is kill Olly.

"Stick him with the pointy end".

Is it me, or did Jon look as if he felt some type kindred with the NK? Like he was allured, in some way, as opposed to repulsed or even fearful.

It was definitely a moment but it was more like TNK talking trash and Jon realizing he was talking shit to him. It just showed, well you killed one of my dudes but watch this shit pretty boy. And hundreds of dead rise. I think Jon's expression was the 2nd Oh Fuck of the episode.

Is it me, or did Jon look as if he felt some type kindred with the NK? Like he was allured, in some way, as opposed to repulsed or even fearful.

I definitely felt there was something more to that stare down than just shit talking. I've long thought that's how Jon might be resurrected: not by being wightified, but by receiving their gift/curse, like the baby in the previous season. Ice preserves, after all.

Archived