Where do we go from Here? Away, hard...(spoilers galore)

Fragile Bird

I found this snippet from the preview next week quite interesting. Melisandre is looking at her fires when she turns away with a stunned expression.

and that doesn't look like a tent, does it? She must be back at the Wall?

I haven't read everything and I probably won't until I go home later today but here's how I think it will go down.

The Wall: Jon and the wildlings return to the Wall. He commands Allister Thorne to open the gates. Some in Thorne's inner circle suggest they need to deal with the Jon Snow problem but Thorne says that Jon hasn't done anything to betray the Watch yet and he can't justify executing him yet. Marsh and Olly are part of his inner circle.

Sam gives Jon the news of Maester Aemon's death and Gilly's almost-rape. Jon needs more info on the Others and a new Maester. He sends Sam to Oldtown who takes Gilly with him. He will drop Gilly off at Horn Hill and present little Sam as his bastard. Before he leaves he gives Jon the news of Sansa marrying Ramsey. Jon announces he will go to Winterfell to rescue her. The wildlings agree to go with him, but the Crows feel this is the final straw. Olly asks for a word with Jon and leads him to a trap. FTW happens. Cliffhanger: Is Jon really dead and how do the wildlings react? Is this the end of the Night's Watch as we know it?

King's Landing: Cersei admits to having a relationship with Lancel but not to any of the other crimes. She does the walk of shame. Qyburn presents Robert Strong.

Mace returns from Braavos. He threatens to attack King's Landing with Randyll Tarly at the head of his army if his kids are not released. Kevan and Pycelle assure him that the High Sparrow will be reasonable. That night Varys returns and kills Kevan and Pycelle to bring even more chaos.

Iron Islands: If we go here, we will most likely see Asha returning to Pyke to hear her father's dead and that Euron has returned to take the throne. Asha thinks of Theon. It would be nice to see a faceless man around here somewhere but we probably won't.

Dorne: Doran threatens to execute Ellaria for her disobedience. He reveals that he has a plan and they will get their revenge with fire and blood. He asks Jaime if the incest rumors are true and Jaime admits they are in front of Myrcella. Doran cancels the wedding plans between Trystane and Myrcella and tells Trystane that he will marry Daenerys instead. Trystane is headed to Meereen.

Jaime is to return to King's Landing with Myrcella and he is willing to tell the truth about his relationship with Cersei. Doran sends Nymeria with them as Dorne's reprsentative in the Small Council. He secretly sends Tyene with them to pose as a Septa and Obara is to accompany Trystane to Meereen.

Bronn stays in Dorne and decides to pursue a peaceful life as a singer.

Alternatively, Trystane insists on marrying Myrcella despite her being a bastard and Myrcella stays in Dorne with him. Obara goes to Oldtown and takes over Sarella's role.

Braavos: Arya is sent to kill the merchant, but sees Meryn Trant. She is conflicted. Does she kill him or does she remain "no one"? She ends up killing him and the FM send her to Izembaro's.

Meereen: The Sons surround Dany and her inner circle and plan to have them all killed until Drogon appears and burns every single one of them. Dany rides Drogon and they end up meeting the Dothraki.

Finally Winterfell: This is the story line that has me most confused because it's so different than the books. I initially thought Brienne would play the Mance role but I don't know how that could happen now that the Boltons know of the plan. I thought Ramsey might light the candle to capture her, but he's going on a mission. We know from the episode 10 synopsis that Stannis survives episode 9. Does Theon see Bran at the tree and decides to help Sansa escape? What is Ramsey's plan? Does he kill Shireen?

Does Melisandre return to the Wall? If so why did they have her leave the Wall in the first place? How does Sansa use the corkscrew if Ramsay is gone? I really have no clue what will happen.

I do suspect though that Sansa and Theon will escape and join Stannis' camp and 1 or 2 of the following 3 (Stannis, Shireen, Ramsay) will die before the season is over. Maybe Pod too.

I am guessing that when Sansa joins the Stannis camp and lets them know her brothers are alive, Davos will go on a mission to find them.

I hope this is what happens:

Sansa and Theon excape, Sansa uses her weapon to kill a guard probably....they run into Stannis and Davos, who (maybe only Davos) somehow find out Bran and Rickon are alive from Theon and Davos goes to find them. I dont know how this can happen without Stannis knowing though....because Davos couldnt just leave.

Stannis survives and we are left with a cliffhanger - Ramsay comes back to Winterfell, telling Rosse of a succesfull mission (maybe killing Stannis) and he then charges the army which he thinks has no leader left.

Stannis has to sit on the Iron Throne at some point.....

Not sure how realistic it is, but I hope Thorne isn't involved in "For the watch."

Yeah it would be much better for his character progression imo if he actually tries to defend Jon. show!Thorne strikes me as someone who easily gives his (harsh) opinion but will ultimately respect the chain of command. Him being made First Ranger and his newly gained respect for Jon would all be wasted if he becomes one of the stabbers.

Yeah it would be much better for his character progression imo if he actually tries to defend Jon. show!Thorne strikes me as someone who easily gives his (harsh) opinion but will ultimately respect the chain of command. Him being made First Ranger and his newly gained respect for Jon would all be wasted if he becomes one of the stabbers.

I'm really starting to wonder if it will only be Olly and not anyone else especially now that several NW have directly seen the NK and also with that heavy foreshadowing in Olly's talk with Sam.

I'm really starting to wonder if it will only be Olly and not anyone else especially now that several NW have directly seen the NK and also with that heavy foreshadowing in Olly's talk with Sam.

The majority of the Night's Watch hasn't really seen anything. FTW is still happening. I am guessing that Thorne wil be reluctant to go along with the plan to murder him until Jon announces he's marching to Winterfell, in which case he will give the ok. They will all be crying anyway when they stab him.

Most of the NW wasn't there. Jon will have his supporters for sure but the overwhelming majority that believe the Wildlings to be inherently evil and their enemy will be pissed regardless. They also believe the Wall will keep them safe for the most part.

The mysterious character in the Dorne storyline isn't Trystane-as-Aegon, since Trystane has been featured prominently. My money is on Varys, which would make sense if Doran's big reveal is that he has pledged his support to Dany. On the other hand, it would be strange if Varys popped up in Dorne in 5x09 and then popped up in KL in 5x10 to kill Kevan and Pycelle.

The mysterious character in the Dorne storyline isn't Trystane-as-Aegon, since Trystane has been featured prominently. My money is on Varys, which would make sense if Doran's big reveal is that he has pledged his support to Dany. On the other hand, it would be strange if Varys popped up in Dorne in 5x09 and then popped up in KL in 5x10 to kill Kevan and Pycelle.

I doubt that will happen in the show.

I doubt that will happen in the show.

Really? Even when Qyburn says that Kevan and Pycelle are ruling now, exactly as in the books?

In fact, we hadn't seen Kevan since Season 1. It's pretty clear he's back just to be killed by Varys.

Looks like this show theory could be coming true.

TL;DR - Ramsay sneeks into camp Stannis and does some unthinkable stuff.

I'm starting to worry that Arya's arc is going to skip the senses training. No potion drinking? No cat-vision? I'm hoping it will be one of the cliff-hangers that caps off episode 10.

I think Arya will see Meyrn Trant in episode 9, and kill him instead of, or in addition to, the insurance guy. The Kindly Man will reveal that he knows about the extra/unscheduled death in episode 10, and blind Arya. It will be set up as a punishment, and be a cliffhanger for the season. Next year it will play out as another form of training. But the last Arya moment of the season will be her opening her eyes and saying that she can't see.

Think the final two scenes will be Arya going blind and then Thorne and friends stabbing Jon, with Ollie coming through them to give the final thrust. Jon's look of incomprehension. Fade to black.

ETA

Also think that episode 9 will see Mel high-tailing it back to the wall.

Don't forget Varys and Keven. I think that will happen between the Arya and Jon scenes.

I think Arya will see Meyrn Trant in episode 9, and kill him instead of, or in addition to, the insurance guy. The Kindly Man will reveal that he knows about the extra/unscheduled death in episode 10, and blind Arya. It will be set up as a punishment, and be a cliffhanger for the season. Next year it will play out as another form of training. But the last Arya moment of the season will be her opening her eyes and saying that she can't see.

Arya's blindness is most likely not happening. The whole point of the blindness is that she discovers her warging abilities when the kindly man is beating her. It looks like Arya won't be a warg on the show, and they have already shown the kindly man beating her.

I think it's more likely her final scene will be her sent to Izembaro's, which is how ADwD ends too. The casting leak kind of points to his direction IMO.

"Jon is challenged" at first made me think of the night's watch challenging him via mutiny, but actually, I think it more appropriately describes the pink letter. "Ramsey" (or whoever sent it in the book) 's challenge to Jon.

The fact is, we may not get the resolution (ie, the stabbing) of that challenge until early next season.

Not the first time they've pushed Jon's story back a bit.

Wun Wun returned with Jon to cause some damage when "For the watch" goes down. I'm pretty sure we will see Jon close his eyes (perhaps some suggestive warging) and in the background chaos breaks out between the guilty and those who experienced Hardhome. Then cut to the credits.

Archived