[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVIII - DeReekerization

Mladen

If she becomes LSH, then she is dead for all intents and purposes as Sansa.

Agreed, There really is nothing more they could do to destroy the soul of Sansa Stark at this point is there? When Cat died, all she had left was her daughters, somewhere, Sansa has her brothers, somewhere.

Cat lost her husband, all her sons that she knew of and that was it

Sansa has lost all she had, mom, dad, sister, innocence, hopes and dreams and after what she is going through now, I do not think she really wants to be a successful breading mare to House Bolton.

Sansa has lost all she had, mom, dad, sister, innocence, hopes and dreams and after what she is going through now, I do not think she really wants to be a successful breading mare to House Bolton.

You do remember that Jeyne Poole escapes, right? That's the whole point of Theon's redemptive arc (much-changed here, but still).

There's been two episodes in a row with Sansa learning new things about family members. She is not without hope; the writers explicitly said as much.

She has hope but also I feel like her situation becomes ever more desperate from show to show. She may be to the point she has to do something drastic soon. I vote in episode 10, not in episode 9. She cannot have much of an ambiguous ending by doing too much more. Dying or escaping are my two best guesses as to her season ending. Well dying or putting herself in a situation where she may lose her life and we don't get to know the outcome.

What always gets on my nerves about Sansa-book and story- is there is no real progression or growth from all that shes suffered. She allows herself to be constantly manipulated and pushed and pulled around because she still wants to hang onto the notion that some sweet, handsome Lord will rescue her and she'll go live on some sweet estate and live a fairy tale. You see it throughout the show and the books. I think she just thinks if she can grin and bear whatever that she'll be saved instead of trying to insure things for herself. Rather than take LF on his offer to leave KL, she hangs onto that she'd be married off to Willas (or Loras in the show) and be rescued and happy instead of realizing she was never going to be let go into the clutches of the Tyrells and be bound to them through marriage, not with that war going on and her importance as a Stark.

Then youve got her being saved and going to the Vale, and again she allows herself to be pushed and pulled and manipulated into going to WF and marrying a Bolton, the house partly responsible for murdering her family, being dumb enough to trust Theon of all people to help her escape right under Ramsay's nose while not knowing if something is a ploy or for real. Even in the books shes holding onto the fairytale lord myth with Harry a bit.

She just doesnt grow up when given the opportunity.

What always gets on my nerves about Sansa-book and story- is there is no real progression or growth from all that shes suffered. She allows herself to be constantly manipulated and pushed and pulled around because she still wants to hang onto the notion that some sweet, handsome Lord will rescue her and she'll go live on some sweet estate and live a fairy tale. You see it throughout the show and the books. I think she just thinks if she can grin and bear whatever that she'll be saved instead of trying to insure things for herself. Rather than take LF on his offer to leave KL, she hangs onto that she'd be married off to Willas (or Loras in the show) and be rescued and happy instead of realizing she was never going to be let go into the clutches of the Tyrells and be bound to them through marriage, not with that war going on and her importance as a Stark.

Then youve got her being saved and going to the Vale, and again she allows herself to be pushed and pulled and manipulated into going to WF and marrying a Bolton, the house partly responsible for murdering her family, being dumb enough to trust Theon of all people to help her escape right under Ramsay's nose while not knowing if something is a ploy or for real. Even in the books shes holding onto the fairytale lord myth with Harry a bit.

She just doesnt grow up when given the opportunity.

Book Sansa does show subtle acts of rebellion and does take more of an active role in her escape from Kings Landing. In addition, she grows in her compassion for others, even those who don't deserve it such as Lancel. She becomes better at handling difficult people and also maintains her kindness. I think Book Sansa is an interesting character. Show Sansa is all over the place.

If she becomes LSH, then she is dead for all intents and purposes as Sansa.

in show , not book, and if they do this ( which I can see ) doesn't mean Sansa dies in George's version.

ETA:

Well after epi. 9, I think Sansa is no LSH.

I don't see any good endgame with Sansa's character at this point; her dying might be the best outcome left for her...

It's not looking good at the moment, but Littlefinger is coming with Vale forces to oust whoever is still standing after the Ramsay/Stannis clash, and three of her brothers are alive, so that's something.

As for the pregnancy speculation in reference to that bit about Sansa and Ramsay's relationship taking a new turn...Well, if it does happen, I called it.

It's not looking good at the moment, but Littlefinger is coming with Vale forces to oust whoever is still standing after the Ramsay/Stannis clash, and three of her brothers are alive, so that's something.

As for the pregnancy speculation in reference to that bit about Sansa and Ramsay's relationship taking a new turn...Well, if it does happen, I called it.

Asoiaf reddit says they are casting for twin baby boys for season 6. Between 7-10 months........so maybe just maybe Sansa is carrying a baby Bolton. Sure hope not though. Would be pretty tragic in my opinion

Asoiaf reddit says they are casting for twin baby boys for season 6. Between 7-10 months........so maybe just maybe Sansa is carrying a baby Bolton. Sure hope not though. Would be pretty tragic in my opinion

Baby boys could be Gilly's kids too. If they do babies for Sansa, that means two things, one nine months have to elapse on the show, Sansa will have to be preggers for that time. The timeline they have kept is not enough for that to pass given what the coming seasons will bring.

But you know this is GOT The TV Show, it doesn't matter whether its asinine and terrible.

Baby boys could be Gilly's kids too. If they do babies for Sansa, that means two things, one nine months have to elapse on the show, Sansa will have to be preggers for that time. The timeline they have kept is not enough for that to pass given what the coming seasons will bring.

But you know this is GOT The TV Show, it doesn't matter whether its asinine and terrible.

I know just saw that on reddit. The timeline would be way off but it was just something to mention.

I still am hoping for no pregnancy. I like happy endings

I know just saw that on reddit. The timeline would be way off but it was just something to mention.

I still am hoping for no pregnancy. I like happy endings

I don't know if Sansa will get a happy ending in the books or if your idea of happiness is the same as mine. I strongly believe that she and the other Stark kids, aside from Bran perhaps, will survive the books. They will eventually meet each other for certain but I don't think they will ever go back to that happy childhood they had in Winterfell and the bond they had then. They will never really be family again, or at least not in the same way. Martin cited The Scouring of the Shire where Frodo and Sam find the Shire has totally changed and nothing is the same. That I think is the main thing about the books.

Of course the show is a melodramatic piece of garbage, so no point speculating about its ending. It doesn't really matter what direction the show will take from here.

I don't know if Sansa will get a happy ending in the books or if your idea of happiness is the same as mine. I strongly believe that she and the other Stark kids, aside from Bran perhaps, will survive the books. They will eventually meet each other for certain but I don't think they will ever go back to that happy childhood they had in Winterfell and the bond they had then. They will never really be family again, or at least not in the same way. Martin cited The Scouring of the Shire where Frodo and Sam find the Shire has totally changed and nothing is the same. That I think is the main thing about the books.

Of course the show is a melodramatic piece of garbage, so no point speculating about its ending. It doesn't really matter what direction the show will take from here.

Well a fairy tale ending is obviously not going to happen. But I want peace for the Starks. I guess that's a better way to say it. Mainly no raising a baby Bolton to start.

Well a fairy tale ending is obviously not going to happen. But I want peace for the Starks. I guess that's a better way to say it. Mainly no raising a baby Bolton to start.

Well if she's going to have a baby in a later storyline or Jeyne Poole is, then I can imagine that the writers will put that there.

She can take Moon Tea and abort the child, but GOT is too conservative a show to go there. In America, abortion is still controversial and there are almost no positive portrayals, so its unlikely they will go there for a "Good Girl".

But I think that they are going to address that in the show. That line where she says, "At least some of me left" suggests that her womb is being held hostage or that Ramsay will kill her if she gives birth. So I would suggest that you prepare for it in any case. I also think she might sacrifice the kid to ressurect Jon Snow next year. There are all kinds of possibilities. It could also be a Melisandre thing who knows.

Well if she's going to have a baby in a later storyline or Jeyne Poole is, then I can imagine that the writers will put that there.

She can take Moon Tea and abort the child, but GOT is too conservative a show to go there. In America, abortion is still controversial and there are almost no positive portrayals, so its unlikely they will go there for a "Good Girl".

But I think that they are going to address that in the show. That line where she says, "At least some of me left" suggests that her womb is being held hostage or that Ramsay will kill her if she gives birth. So I would suggest that you prepare for it in any case. I also think she might sacrifice the kid to ressurect Jon Snow next year. There are all kinds of possibilities. It could also be a Melisandre thing who knows.

Oh I fully expect her to get pregnant. It has been hinted and I think plenty of foreshadowing. I simply saw the casting call and thought well it's either Waldas baby or Sanaa's baby. But then again it could be some RLJ flashback scene or something. And who knows with the time frames. Pretty sure Gillys son should have a mustache and be married by now haha

And once again, as the OP of this thread, I would like to ask you to take pregnancy talk somewhere else. Thank you very much.

Sorry. Just read that on reddit and thought some may be interested since it could possibly play into her storyline. Apologies.

Side note I still tend to think theon will not directly have his gods wood moment. Sansa is taking that role too. And her line from episode 10 preview could be her talking to him about escape and he says Ramsay will find u and punish u. And she says her line from preview. Essentially saying I would rather die trying with my own identity than be broken by Ramsay and abused further. That's my two cents. Fingers crossed for some conclusion. I've bought more into theon and Sansa this season than the other 4 combined.

Archived