Jon Snow the Crow King

Well, 'Crow King' is certainly more catchy than his book title 'the Black Bastard of the Wall' or something like that. Although, I still have my fingers crossed that he will go down in the history books as 'Ice Dragon.'

But yeah, I noticed the foreshadowing Sam gave too.

Well, 'Crow King' is certainly more catchy than his book title 'the Black Bastard of the Wall' or something like that. Although, I still have my fingers crossed that he will go down in the history books as 'Ice Dragon.'

Ice Dragon does sound great for Jon.

Well, the survivors will probably see him as their king.

-A lot of their leaders were just killed, so there is a vaccuum to be filled.

-Jon mercy killed Mance.

-Jon road with Mance and went over the Wall.

-Jon saved them from a certain death at Hardhome.

-The Wildlings follow strength. Jon just slayed an Other.

-He's a Stark, which is special even to the Wildlings.

I noticed that, also Sam's 'don't worry about Jon, he always comes back' seems to be suggestive of the outcome to an event I've been anxious about for a few years now. :D

They have been doing a lot of hints like that on Jon this season - like talking about L+R and when Aemon comments on being all alone and then next scene is Jon!

However, I was expecting, after that talk between Tyrion and Dany about her being the last one of House Targeryon to see Jon in the next scene - that would have been a dead give away, instead we got Cersei in jail scene.

I am starting to wonder about Ollie, is he really the one to do FTW thing? I mean both him and Thorne look like prime candidates and like red herrings, and they keep hinting and hinting towards Ollie. Could it be a third candidate - like Ed?

They have been doing a lot of hints like that on Jon this season - like talking about L+R and when Aemon comments on being all alone and then next scene is Jon!

However, I was expecting, after that talk between Tyrion and Dany about her being the last one of House Targeryon to see Jon in the next scene - that would have been a dead give away, instead we got Cersei in jail scene.

I am starting to wonder about Ollie, is he really the one to do FTW thing? I mean both him and Thorne look like prime candidates and like red herrings, and they keep hinting and hinting towards Ollie. Could it be a third candidate - like Ed?

I'm pretty sure Sam and Ollie's conversation solidified Ollie's decision in his mind. Like Winter, it's coming....

I'm pretty sure Sam and Ollie's conversation solidified Ollie's decision in his mind. Like Winter, it's coming....

Definitely. Sam inadvertently gave Olly the justification for the Caesar moment when he said (paraphrasing), "Sometimes you know something is right in your heart even if it doesn't seem that way to other people." Sam was using that to describe Jon's decision to bring the Wilidlings south, but I think Olly will use that to justify some "For the Watch" action.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely. Sam inadvertently gave Olly the justification for the Caesar moment when he said (paraphrasing), "Sometimes you know something is right in your heart even if it doesn't seem that way to other people." Sam was using that to describe Jon's decision to bring the Wilidlings south, but I think Olly will use that to justify some "For the Watch" action.

Ides of Marsh here we come in episode 10.

Archived