"You can swear your allegiance to me or die"

Candor

-Doran, to Jaime, in the preview for 9.

What would he need his allegiance for? And what do we think Jaime's next move is? Episode 8 brought up the fact that Cersei must have sent messages his way about her arrest, since she asked if there was any news, and Qyburn said no. Will the "break-up" happen this episode?

Me thinks that Jaime will be allowed to take Myrcella back to King's Landing but Bronn will be seduced by Tyene and will plan to kidnap Myrcella or something and then someone will die. Bronn and maybe Myrcella gets wounded.

I'm wondering what will happen in Dorne in last two episodes. If I recall correctly; when reporters had visited the Dorne set there was a mysterious actor whom they were not allowed to take photos of or talk about in their articles. Especially after Tyrion mentioning Martells during his speech with Daenerys, I'm thinking if this person is someone from Team Targaryen, perhaps Varys or even possibly Aegon?

I'm wondering what will happen in Dorne in last two episodes. If I recall correctly; when reporters had visited the Dorne set there was a mysterious actor whom they were not allowed to take photos of or talk about in their articles. Especially after Tyrion mentioning Martells during his speech with Daenerys, I'm thinking if this person is someone from Team Targaryen, perhaps Varys or even possibly Aegon?

If that's the case then I'd expect it to be Varys, though that seems to be overdoing it. Having Aegon without Arianne is fairly nonsensical though I suppose he's still Elia's son.

Maybe that is Jamie Darlington who is in the Ep. 9 cast list without a character name and no other GOT credits. Although there are any number of other possibilities.

I have feeling the trailer was miss direction and it's ellaria.

Exactly. They have done this before. Sometimes, they have put scenes in the trailer that were not even in the season for instance last season there was the image of the dragon flying over King's Landing which did not happen in the season. I am curious where Jaime will end up this season because he is in a very different place in the books.

I was thinking that line made no sense for Jaime, but now that someone mentioned Ellaria, that has to be it.

I wonder if we'll get the Fire and Blood speech. Sadly, it won't have the same affect as in the books. :(

And if Jaime ignores Cersei's requests for aid, that makes him look even worse in the show because they've done absolutely nothing to drive a wedge between the two in the show.

In many ways, Jamie going to Dorne and being captured by Doran, is a replacement for his going to the Riverlands and being captured by Lady Stoneheart. There's a number of these deviations from book to show that have had to happen because the show left her out, but HBO still have to get his character in the same place plot-wise at the end of this season, i.e. captured and unavailbe to Cersie. So when you have "You can swear your allegiance to me or die" just think of Lady Stoneheart saying that to him. It's pretty much what she says to Brienne in Feast of Crow's Chapter 42, and I suspect whatever deal Doran offers Jamie next week will be the replacement for the deal Lady Stoneheard will give him in the next book.

Archived