Anyone else having trouble with the whights?

oopeed

they made a video on youtube describing what tipe of wights there are you should go and check it.

in my opinion they where made very well made.

too everyone who says that the wights are mindless so they should not use weapons...othor pretended dead while in Castle Black and tried to assassinate the LC of the NW.if thats not intelligence i dont know what is,if he was just a mindless killing machine he would have attacked anyone in sight

and the fast pacing..well i like it...slow wight are not that scary if you could out run them...i think this make the sitiuation even more dire...you cant run from then.the only hope now being the wall

I thought it was just suggesting that seeing so many turned children just caused her to give up, like she thought, 'If we can't save the children, what's the point of fighting'. Her maternal feelings kicked in and suppressed her warrior side, is all.

I thought it was a powerful scene.

I thought it was a powerful scene.

They've decided to make Wights that eat the living George Romero style. It's cliched and makes no sense. I was expecting them to make moaning noisesas they shuffled forward with Jon and the boys fleeing to a nearby abandoned shopping mall.

They've decided to make Wights that eat the living George Romero style. It's cliched and makes no sense. I was expecting them to make moaning noisesas they shuffled forward with Jon and the boys fleeing to a nearby abandoned shopping mall.

I don't recall any flesh-eating wights. I was just talking about the fierce wildling woman giving up after seeing the children.

I got so confused by the whites vs white walkers thing. So basicaly the White Walkers were the creatures with the blue eyes and crinkled up skin, and everyone else was a white? The skeletons/zombies were whites and the reanimated dead with the blue eyes were also whites? I really though the reanimated dead with the blue eyes were white walkers, like that is how they get more white walkers, but I guess I was wrong about that.

The White Walkers are alive? The living must be turned into White Walkers, like Craster's sons? Although there seems to be an awful lot of them for them to all be Craster's sons, and some seem too old. So I wonder if they like capture children and turn them, or perhaps they live for a super long time so there is so many cauz some are super old. Or maybe there are White Walker females and they can have White Walker babies.

It doesn't make sense to me though that the skeletons are simply just really old whites, because it seemed like a bunch of the wildling got locked out on the other side of the gate and got killed and then started attacking as the skeletons.

I think I just need to have an answer to every little thing, perhaps I should just view it as they are all bad guys for now, and hope for more details and inforation later on.

• 2 weeks later...

I got so confused by the whites vs white walkers thing. So basicaly the White Walkers were the creatures with the blue eyes and crinkled up skin, and everyone else was a white?

There are no other 'whites'. You are confusing the terms here, the raised deads are called wights. You are correct on the white walkers.

The white walkers belong to the group of 'others'.

The White Walkers are alive?

GRRM said: "The Others are not dead. They are strange, beautiful... think, oh... the Sidhe made of ice, something like that... a different sort of life... inhuman, elegant, dangerous."

The living must be turned into White Walkers, like Craster's sons?

So far, this is show-only. Apparently, yes.

Although there seems to be an awful lot of them for them to all be Craster's sons, and some seem too old. So I wonder if they like capture children and turn them, or perhaps they live for a super long time so there is so many cauz some are super old.

Perhaps both. We have no certain information on the matter.

Or maybe there are White Walker females and they can have White Walker babies.

There surely are female White Walkers, since according to legend, the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the boon and eyes like blue stars", he chased her and loved her through "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to heer he gave his soul as well. He was later known as the Night's King, the one who lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete.

The difference is, Romero has taught them swimming... We'll see, if the wights dig fire spitting dragons like Zombies dig fireworks.

And you're right, in this episode you could clearly see them feasting on the dead (the children for instance).

There surely are female White Walkers, since according to legend, the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the boon and eyes like blue stars", he chased her and loved her through "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to heer he gave his soul as well. He was later known as the Night's King, the one who lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete.

... Brienne?

Yeah, drop the CGI skeleton BS and save on the TV's budget to boot. I'm happy with some of them carrying weapons (found lying next to them when re animation occurs) on the condition that the wights don't carry over their former living skill at arms. They should move sluggishly and fight without skill or deftness, not parrying blows and fighting one on one...

Archived