[Book Spoilers] R+L=J, A+J=T and other theories on HBO V.3

Suzanna Stormborn

He mentions Joanna in the first scene and "she is alone in the world" in another scene.Secret Targaryens everywhere...if Jon is truly son of R and L,perhaps it's a bit too much of secret Targaryens.It's hard to say,if we're looking too much into that or it's foreshadowing of something big.Mance wasn't glamoured like in the books and some things in that could point to him being glamoured.

Well my answer to that is this;

We have 3 dragons, we need three riders, If Jon and Dany are 2 of them, then who is the 3rd? Even if Vic or someone steals Rhaegal at first to have the DoD 2.0, my guess is that someone on Team Good People will get him back before the War of the Dawn to battle the WW's with.

So out of the POV characters who could possibly be the third rider?

And what if.......what if this whole story and all 5 novels are actually about finding 3 Targaryens to restore their house and family and Rule of Westeros? Then having a few lost Targs makes perfect sense correct?

fAegon = fake Aegon, he is the son of Illyrio and not the son of Rhaegar, he is the mummer's dragon and will most likely die IMO. He is not the answer, someone else is. SO like I said, out of the POV's who is worthy to be third dragon riding hero of the books with Jon and Dany? (with Targaryen blood of course) Also, who else's mother had an affair with one of the Targaryens? Like where is the back story for a potential 3rd Targaryen? Tyrion is the only story line that even comes close to fitting. and we must remember there are only 2 books left.

ANother thing I was thinking after watching the show, it does not seem like Mel will be the one who revives Jon. I swear if Ghost has to die for Jon to live.........I am just going to flip out!!!

I am starting to think that the WW's will somehow be involved in reviving him.

NO chance of getting Rhaegal or Viserion back to Westeros without riders. No chance at all.

Why? Drogon has already been travelling around Essos all by himself, easily greater distances than that imposed by the Narrow Sea.

We have 3 dragons, we need three riders, If Jon and Dany are 2 of them, then who is the 3rd? Even if Vic or someone steals Rhaegal at first to have the DoD 2.0, my guess is that someone on Team Good People will get him back before the War of the Dawn to battle the WW's with.

And what if.......what if this whole story and all 5 novels are actually about finding 3 Targaryens to restore their house and family and Rule of Westeros? Then having a few lost Targs makes perfect sense correct?

fAegon = fake Aegon, he is the son of Illyrio and not the son of Rhaegar, he is the mummer's dragon and will most likely die IMO. He is not the answer, someone else is. SO like I said, out of the POV's who is worthy to be third dragon riding hero of the books with Jon and Dany? (with Targaryen blood of course) Also, who else's mother had an affair with one of the Targaryens? Like where is the back story for a potential 3rd Targaryen? Tyrion is the only story line that even comes close to fitting. and we must remember there are only 2 books left.

Agreed, its also my crackpot that Serra is still alive and is Septa Lemore.

I think orlys had dark hair....and I always found it funny how Robert hated the Targs and wanted them all to die yet he was in there line as well smh.

Did he? For some reason, everytime I think of them coming to Westeros, I think of a hair band from the eighites like "Poison" from their description, or at least the way they did it on HBO. :P And Rhaegal sounds like he would have looked like a wrestler. :blink:

The show "Defiance" did a much better job of creating a very similar, and other-worldly look, and at least one actress has hair as dark as Harry Lloyd and Emilia Clarke.

http://www.syfy.com/defiance/photos/aliens-creatures

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/files/2013/03/Defiance-Jaime-Murray.jpg

Why? Drogon has already been travelling around Essos all by himself, easily greater distances than that imposed by the Narrow Sea.

Sure he has, but there is no way to get him to fly where he is needed without a rider, same thing with the other dragons. What I'm saying is, how do you propose to physically steer the dragons towards Westeros without riders?

Agreed, its also my crackpot that Serra is still alive and is Septa Lemore.

Did he? For some reason, everytime I think of them coming to Westeros, I think of a hair band from the eighites like "Poison" from their description, or at least the way they did it on HBO. :P And Rhaegal sounds like he would have looked like a wrestler. :blink:

The show "Defiance" did a much better job of creating a very similar, and other-worldly look, and at least one actress has hair as dark as Harry Lloyd and Emilia Clarke.

http://www.syfy.com/defiance/photos/aliens-creatures

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/files/2013/03/Defiance-Jaime-Murray.jpg

Yes Serra could be Lemore for sure. The only reason I doubt it is because the App says Serra is dead. but out of all Lemore theories, this one makes the most sense.

Sure he has, but there is no way to get him to fly where he is needed without a rider, same thing with the other dragons. What I'm saying is, how do you propose to physically steer the dragons towards Westeros without riders?

Daenerys could ride Drogon and the other two would follow.

^^^ Why would they do that? I mean where is the evidence they would do that? They are free now and have made no effort to find Drogon or follow him around. Only on the last 2 pages of DwD does Dany finally (barely) get control of Drogon where he flies where she wants him to.

I get what your saying, but Martin has made it very clear that adult dragons do what they want and do not fall in line on their own, they need mounts. It's the same thing as a wild horse, they need to be broken. You wouldnt expect a wild horse to follow a tame horse and rider would you? The wild horse would run away if anything. And Martin has confirmed that a lot of the dragon specifics came form his friend who breeds horses (I forget what kind of horses).

It is far from necessary to the plot that all three dragons have riders.

So now it's GRRM, D&D, and you who know what happens plot wise in the rest of the series? Can you fill me in, cause I'd love to know :thumbsup:

Clearly they dont as adults, or since she turned her back on them, V&R have not tried to find her since they were freed from the cave. Drogon and her have a bond, that's different, they are one, she is the mother of the other 2, but like I said she turned her back on them, and will now need 2 more people with Targ blood to ride and control them. Without riders V&R have no use, they cannot help in a battle, even if they did follow behind her marching army, they still have no use.

Anyway I am 100% sure the other 2 dragons will get riders. Teora foresaw the dragons dancing and people dying.

"What if"...that's the key. You could be right and in this case, it could makes sense. It seems to me like their (Dany,Tyrion and Jon) destiny is to lead people of Westeros against White Walkers. Iron Throne is pretty much irrelevant and perhaps always was.

Dragon rider could be someone like Tyrion and he doesn't need to be a Targaryen. Bran is in the middle of all this and sort of a wildcard. As Bloodraven said to him: you'll never walk, but you'll fly.

Honestly, I don't want Jon to ride a dragon. I really like Kit's swordfighting, and I want to see fight between him and Night's King. :P That would be epic. There is a huge chance that he'll be one of the dragons riders.He is a good leader and can lead people to battle like in Hardhome.A man can hope.

ANother thing I was thinking after watching the show, it does not seem like Mel will be the one who revives Jon. I swear if Ghost has to die for Jon to live.........I am just going to flip out!!!

I am starting to think that the WW's will somehow be involved in reviving him.

Night's King was kidna intrigued and even interested in Jon. Benioff said something on this matter, like Jon could be a threat to them. maybe they'll make their move in order to bring to their side instead of the opponent.If Imdb is right, Night's King will be in the finale. It's not very trustworthy source on this, but who knows. Really hard to predict Jon's storyline. So many theories and it could go either way.

If Mel will leave in 5x09, I can see her making it to the Wall. Maybe Selyse is on the ground, not because of Shireen or Stannis...maybe Mel will leave them. Mel just like Stannis is really important to her.

I agree with that. But I have more and more the feeling there will be huge differences between show and books. I don't see how HBO could resist giving Jon (and Tyrion) a dragon.

If Jon and Tyrion ride dragons...talk about jumping the shark.

Archived