Mr. Robot (spoilers).... 'cause I suck at this stuff

Martini Sigil

1 minute ago, Leofric said:

His routine was established from the beginning of the season, that would indicate he has been in prison the whole time, his arrest/conviction taking place between seasons.    I agree with the speculation above that Ray is a prison official, even the warden running this website.   So he provided Elliot access to a computer and internet  not usually accessible to inmates.

So the FBI actually raided the prison, the administrative parts of it.

Only 3 months past between seasons right? So I'm guessing he is still only in arrest phase, unless his trial got rushed somehow. It would explain his talk with Gideon early on. Why would Gideon threaten if he had already been convicted about the stuff. 

Personally, I don't buy that he was convicted for hacking his psychatrist's ex.

And what about the parts where we see only Ray? The other computer guy, who I assume got killed, was initially shown in a setting at his house. So Ray tried to seek help from outside the prison first?

If Elliot  plead guilty to whatever he was charged with, there wouldn't be a trial, but I agree, not clear what he is in jail for.  

The first computer guy might have been in prison and helped Ray set it up and then later got released, but Ray kept tabs on him, or could have just worked at the prison, no idea.

Once we realize he's in prison, it's pretty clear what he's there for, tbh.  Last season ended with Krista's ex saying he was going to put Elliot in jail for hacking him and stealing his dog, though he'd have an easier time doing it if Estonia crumbled.  fsociety's actions caused that Estonia thing to openwhich opened up the proxies to the computer crime division which lead to Elliot's arrest.  It was the cops that were the ones probably pounding on his door right at the end.  Krista continuing counseling sessions during visitation supports this reason, as she feels she owes Elliot for what he did for her.  

5 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Once we realize he's in prison, it's pretty clear what he's there for, tbh.  Last season ended with Krista's ex saying he was going to put Elliot in jail for hacking him and stealing his dog, though he'd have an easier time doing it if Estonia crumbled.  fsociety's actions caused that Estonia thing to openwhich opened up the proxies to the computer crime division which lead to Elliot's arrest.  It was the cops that were the ones probably pounding on his door right at the end.  Krista continuing counseling sessions during visitation supports this reason, as she feels she owes Elliot for what he did for her.  

This sounds very plausible. Hopefully we'll find out for sure in a few days when S2E8 airs. I think this season is going to 12 episodes, right?

8 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Only 3 months past between seasons right? So I'm guessing he is still only in arrest phase, unless his trial got rushed somehow. It would explain his talk with Gideon early on. Why would Gideon threaten if he had already been convicted about the stuff. 

Personally, I don't buy that he was convicted for hacking his psychatrist's ex.

And what about the parts where we see only Ray? The other computer guy, who I assume got killed, was initially shown in a setting at his house. So Ray tried to seek help from outside the prison first?

So what's your theory as to why he's in jail/prison? It obviously isn't fsociety related or else he'd be in Gitmo. 

8 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

So what's your theory as to why he's in jail/prison? It obviously isn't fsociety related or else he'd be in Gitmo. 

Perhaps related to him getting that drug dealer guy out of prison?

Seems that White Rose is going to get him out/off though anyway, so I'd imagine that he'll be free in the next episode, perhaps?

9 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

This sounds very plausible. Hopefully we'll find out for sure in a few days when S2E8 airs. I think this season is going to 12 episodes, right?

I don't have one, and while that is plausible, I just hope it's not the case. 

I was some episodes behind, but I finally caught up. Season one was better, but it's still an interesting show. I had already read the theories about the prison thing, but I was in complete denial myself. I only accepted the harsh reality after the attempt at assrape... I knew he had to be in prison from that point on :P Still, I think the show handled it quite well. The clues were there and the way it was shot was really quite interesting.

One question I still have regards Angela's relationship with Price. Like, is Price hitting on her? From that last scene in front of the painting I did get those vibes, but he's not very explicit about it.

I'll also join the 'Tyrell is not dead' support group. I have already said that my initial hunch was that Tyrell and Elliot are the same person, I think that would probably be a twist that is to hard to pull off, but who knows? 

Finally, I also wish to join the BD Wong fanclub. And I also have to say that the redhead has grown on me. She's quite canny. I'm looking forward to tomorrow :) 

On 23-8-2016 at 0:14 AM, Dr. Pepper said:

:agree:

7 hours ago, Veltigar said:

One question I still have regards Angela's relationship with Price. Like, is Price hitting on her? From that last scene in front of the painting I did get those vibes, but he's not very explicit about it.

I got the same vibes in that scene, I think it's kind of creepy. Or maybe he's just lonely and didn't want to spend his birthday on his own.

20 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I'll also join the 'Tyrell is not dead' support group. I have already said that my initial hunch was that Tyrell and Elliot are the same person, I think that would probably be a twist that is to hard to pull off, but who knows? 

Finally, I also wish to join the BD Wong fanclub. And I also have to say that the redhead has grown on me. She's quite canny. I'm looking forward to tomorrow :) 

:agree:

For me it feels more like Angela wants Price to be hitting on her. The disappointment at their first dinner date being with two other people seemed quite clear. If anything I get the feeling Price is drawing her in with his power and knowledge. I certainly get the impression he's playing with her and is fully aware of the game she's playing. He's just seeing whether he can turn her into an asset or just hanging her out to dry out of boredom.

At this stage it does seem very hard to have Tyrell and Elliot be the same person (unless it's a post real Tyrell death scenario). There's something going on though - maybe another family member or friend he's forgotten about (like his sister).

BD wong is killing it. I was starting to wonder whether his character is aware of his other idenitites in terms of the fact he is all of them or whether he has a similar problem to Elliot? Although it stretches credinility for there to be several people like Elliot.

32 minutes ago, red snow said:

For me it feels more like Angela wants Price to be hitting on her. The disappointment at their first dinner date being with two other people seemed quite clear.

Now that you mention it, I had that feeling there as well. 

33 minutes ago, red snow said:

For me it feels more like Angela wants Price to be hitting on her. The disappointment at their first dinner date being with two other people seemed quite clear. If anything I get the feeling Price is drawing her in with his power and knowledge. I certainly get the impression he's playing with her and is fully aware of the game she's playing. He's just seeing whether he can turn her into an asset or just hanging her out to dry out of boredom.

I do think it's a bit more of a two-way street between the two of them. Initially, I think the series focused more on her attraction to him, him being a sort of Mephistopheles character. However, I also got vibes from Price that go deeper than just turning her into an asset or use her as a way to staunch the boredom. I feel like the series is hinting to a much more complex relationship between the two of them.

38 minutes ago, red snow said:

BD wong is killing it. I was starting to wonder whether his character is aware of his other idenitites in terms of the fact he is all of them or whether he has a similar problem to Elliot? Although it stretches credinility for there to be several people like Elliot.

I think that the emotions he felt when he showed Dom the dresses that supposedly belonged to his "sister" point to him being aware of all of his identities. He's just not very happy with them. I think he sees his female form as his true self, while all his other identities (Chinese Minister of Security, leader of the Dark Army and co-conspirator of Price) are just disguises he's forced to wear and which make him really uncomfortable. He probably feels lost and in pain, having to keep so much of himself hidden away. 

42 minutes ago, red snow said:

At this stage it does seem very hard to have Tyrell and Elliot be the same person (unless it's a post real Tyrell death scenario). There's something going on though - maybe another family member or friend he's forgotten about (like his sister).

Perhaps this episode will enlighten us :D 

I honestly have no idea whether Tyrell is alive or dead... nor can I hazard a guess as to at what point Elliot entered jail..... was it when he woke up in Tyrell's SUV?.... or as recently as when the slave-trade site got busted?... and that is really the beauty of this show. ... as the viewer, we're never really comfortable

BD Wong is indeed a really fun actor to watch... but I'd also like to give props to Craig Robinson... his performance this season reminded me of Bill Burr's in Breaking Bad

15 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I honestly have no idea whether Tyrell is alive or dead... nor can I hazard a guess as to at what point Elliot entered jail..... was it when he woke up in Tyrell's SUV?.... or as recently as when the slave-trade site got busted?... and that is really the beauty of this show. ... as the viewer, we're never really comfortable

Well, I do think it's heavily implied that he's been in prison all season long. So, he must have been arrested some time after he wandered away from Tyrell's SUV. I suspect he went to jail for stealing that douchebag's dog last season, since Estonia seems to have tanked, thus enabling the investigation against Elliot to go forward. Plus, it would be kind of fitting. Occasionally he can be an insufferable twat (you know the scenes where he's like 'I am in God mode, bla bla bla) and it would be nice to see that his hubris got him in the joint. Sort of like Al Capone finally going to the can for tax fraud and not his more violent crimes.

19 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

BD Wong is indeed a really fun actor to watch... but I'd also like to give props to Craig Robinson... his performance this season reminded me of Bill Burr's in Breaking Bad

He was surprisingly poignant. I did not expect him to handle the tragic elements of his character so well. He's a very good actor. Although, I did miss a stand-out line reading to just bring him up there with B.D. Wong. Something like this brilliant piece of work:P 

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I don't see that at all. Seemed to me like Price was inviting her for a night of fine dining and blowjobs, and she wasn't having any of it. 

8 hours ago, Relic said:

I don't see that at all. Seemed to me like Price was inviting her for a night of fine dining and blowjobs, and she wasn't having any of it. 

Interesting how the scene can be taken differently. I'm not saying Price isn't attracted to her at all but, like Veltigar said, it's much more complicated. I'd agree that Angela thought she was being invited for what you thought though - the question was how she was going to handle that situation (I think she wouldn't as it gives her power). Now we have the new episode and the "she seems into old guys" and it's clearly more complicated than just rich old guy hits on young girl.

Last episode was fairly solid. Felt a bit too much like "Breaking Bad" though, which isn't a bad thing but I'd rather it felt like it's own show. I guess Elliot brings the show's identity out.

So did Darlene really see what she saw on the laptop? Given her behaviour I'm starting to wonder if there's a family aspect to the delusions.

I was also a bit confused at how the Lawyer seemed to be lawyering when Darlene was 4. That implied the lawyer was a lot older than she appeared (or Darlene's character is a lot younger than I thought).

I greatly enjoyed the episode, and yes it did feel like Breaking Bad, but it's one of the reasons why I liked it so much.

This was perhaps the greatest example that the fsociety, while brilliant hackers, suck at other more mundane stuff. In one episode we get to see them royally screwing the FBI, and at the same time being screwed themselves.

13 hours ago, Relic said:

I saw it the opposite. She was genuinely taken aback when she walked up and saw the two other people there. Half of me thinks she was hoping he was hitting on her, not because she is attracted to him, but so she could try to use that against him to get what she wants. So if Price was inviting her for a bj night, then why have the other people there? Doesn't make sense. Price knew she that telling her that they were involved in the cover up would set her off, since she just spent the dinner making small talk with them.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I saw it the opposite. She was genuinely taken aback when she walked up and saw the two other people there. Half of me thinks she was hoping he was hitting on her, not because she is attracted to him, but so she could try to use that against him to get what she wants. So if Price was inviting her for a bj night, then why have the other people there? Doesn't make sense. Price knew she that telling her that they were involved in the cover up would set her off, since she just spent the dinner making small talk with them.

Yeah, that's my take too (and Veltigar's it seems). Like I said it's interesting how a scene can be interpreted differently and makes me wonder if that's intentional on the part of the director/writer? I think we are supposed to be guessing at which one is in control of the situation.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I greatly enjoyed the episode, and yes it did feel like Breaking Bad, but it's one of the reasons why I liked it so much.

This was perhaps the greatest example that the fsociety, while brilliant hackers, suck at other more mundane stuff. In one episode we get to see them royally screwing the FBI, and at the same time being screwed themselves.

Like I said, there's worse things to feel like. It certainly gave us something solid which was maybe the intention given we were just told that half of what we've seen this season was an illusion or augmented reality (I wonder if Elliot plays pokemon go?).

The show at least acknowledged the influence with the "is this the part where I'm supposed to get the acid".

I was a bit surprised the FBI weren't more on the ball given they knew there was a breach last week. I guess fsociety had several things attacking at once (I have trouble following the hacking stuff).

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Oh,  guess I misunderstood which seven you guys were talking about.  The scene I was referring to was the episode before this last one,  when Price reveals it's his bday and asks Angela if she would like to celebrate with him, privately. 

55 minutes ago, Relic said:

Oh,  guess I misunderstood which seven you guys were talking about.  The scene I was referring to was the episode before this last one,  when Price reveals it's his bday and asks Angela if she would like to celebrate with him, privately. 

That makes more sense - he was definitely more flirty with her in that scene.

Archived