Mr. Robot (spoilers).... 'cause I suck at this stuff

Martini Sigil

Watched the Mr. Robot pilot this morning.

Edit: Watched it twice this morning. Excellent pilot. Really hope the season (starts next month) holds up. Giving USA it's propers for picking this one up.

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/videos/eps10hellofriendmov

I watched that on Friday. It wasn't bad, the lead (Snafu from The Pacific) did an amazing job.

I'll be shocked if we

don't have a Fight Club situation though.

I watched the pilot ep on line, and was impressed. While the ad campaign made look interesting, it was actually a much more interesting story, and was much differently then the ads showed. Only the last few ads even had Slater in them.

@RedEyedGhost, I really, really hope that isn't the real plan going forward, but keep playing that as a possibility might be the best thing. That almost never works.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this really late and I could swear I heard cursing.

Anyway, I really liked it. And thought the lead actor was great.

"It's like a rapist with a very big Dick"? Yea it push some of the norms for USA network.

Yes. Cursing and butts.

I guess USA Network changed somehow.

We also got butts on SyFy recently, so...

Yea, only 20 are so years after NYPD Blues, and cable catches up. (not really as Lost girl and a few other shows that USA and SyFy have done have done it before, but the NBC networks seem, slower then other networks, and it still not a normal thing to see on one of them)

I really, really hope it isn't all in his head. I think it should keep us guessing whether or not it is, but not be a Tyler Durden thing. I can't wait to see where this goes.

I read a revue that said this character is usually the secondary character that helps the lead setting everything up. I really like the way everything is built around a guy, who isn't sure what is really and what isn't. There have been a few show that tried to do something like this but I don't think that a US show has ever made it past a season.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really liking this one so far, which is kind of a shame I wish i'd waited until the entire season had aired before watching

Anyway my theory is... Mr Robot / Slater is Elliot's alter ego but fsociety is real. The drug dealer girl saw the weirdo female hacker outside her apartment. Also Slater is the only person apart from Angela that touches Elliot without him recoiling. Bags under the eyes, not sleeping and "old habits" so Slater = Tyler Durden

• 5 months later...

Really, is this our thread?  I could have sworn it wasn't one of the fallen.  I got a notification from it recently, too. 

Anyway, Mr. Robot is getting the recognition it deserves this award season!  I see there's already a thread for that, but w/e.  The show recently won a Gotham Award for Breakthrough Series - Longform, the first year TV shows were eligible.  It's been nominated for 2 Writers Guild Awards (Best Drama Series; Best New Series).  And of course, the show is also up for 3 Golden Globes (Best TV Series, Drama; Best Actor/Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for Rami Malek and Christian Slater), with Rami even getting a nom from SAG for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series as well.  But wait, there's more!  Rolling Stone crowned Mr. Robot as #1 on their list of the Best TV Shows of 2015.  When will the critical acclaim let up?!

I've been trying to keep an eye out for S2 news, but there doesn't seem to be much as of yet.  The only word so far is that the show will be taking a darker turn, if that's even possible.  Rami talked to IMDb about S1's success and the future season:

What can you reveal about Season 2? There are rumors that it will be even darker.

Sam did tell me quite a bit the other night. I had plans to go out afterward. I canceled all my plans because I was very taken aback. learned a lot. There were things that I did not expect about Elliot. That’s all I can say ... This show speaks to so many people. It’s cross-generational. It speaks to so many socioeconomic backgrounds. It speaks to all of us. I’ve got strangers coming up to me and talking about it, and whatever they were able to take from Season 1, I think they will only become more involved with it as they learn more and the story begins to really unfold in Season 2.

I think there were some good panels/interviews with Sam Esmail and the cast when they were doing the convention circuit.  I'll have to see what I can dig up.  I do remember Esmail teasing the possibility of a romance between Angela and Elliot, saying  that he "would be a fool not to explore that."   What do we think?  They definitely have the chemistry so I can see it, but idk if I really feel it.  At any rate, Wallström has exposed himself as a shameless Tyrelliot shipper, so Angela better watch her back!

wow, this thread got eviscerated. 

Not that i give two shits about any of these wards noms, but its gratifying to see a show that deserves a heap of praise being rewarded. 

This is the original thread. Yours, which ended up being the one that took off, is probably still around somewhere.

Archived