What do you think Jon Snow put in his letter to Randyll Tarly, given to Sam?

SerDerrick

In reading another thread I thought of this one. Given the parallel of Jon sending Mance's baby away from the wall to be protected from a Baratheon, with Ned taking (presumably) Jon away from the ToJ (of you believe R+L = J) to protect him from a Baratheon, is there a letter that holds some hint of Jon's parentage?

In reading another thread I thought of this one. Given the parallel of Jon sending Mance's baby away from the wall to be protected from a Baratheon, with Ned taking (presumably) Jon away from the ToJ (of you believe R+L = J) to protect him from a Baratheon, is there a letter that holds some hint of Jon's parentage?

I like this.

Awesome post

this makes so much sense, why didnt i think of this!

However, the baby Gilly has with her isn't little Sam,its Dalla's child, so does that cast some doubt on this theory?Would honourable Jon lie to Randyll Tarly that Sam had sired a bastard, when the actual child in question is still at Castle Black (and not Sam's)?

I agree it must have something about Sam killing the White Walkers. It might also have some justification for sending Sam to study to be a maester, as Randyll threatened to throttle Sam if he wore chains.

this makes so much sense, why didnt i think of this!

However, the baby Gilly has with her isn't little Sam,its Dalla's child, so does that cast some doubt on this theory?Would honourable Jon lie to Randyll Tarly that Sam had sired a bastard, when the actual child in question is still at Castle Black (and not Sam's)?

I agree it must have something about Sam killing the White Walkers. It might also have some justification for sending Sam to study to be a maester, as Randyll threatened to throttle Sam if he wore chains.

I think quite the opposite. Maybe the letter states that the child is the heir to the King Beyond the Wall and asks for him to be raised as a noble to breach the divide between the Wildlings and the Wall. And that he must be kept in hiding away from Stannis and Melisandre.

I think there is possibly another letter out there that says something similar about a certain LC.

I think quite the opposite. Maybe the letter states that the child is the heir to the King Beyond the Wall and asks for him to be raised as a noble to breach the divide between the Wildlings and the Wall. And that he must be kept in hiding away from Stannis and Melisandre.

I think there is possibly another letter out there that says something similar about a certain LC.

Maybe, but it seems like a stretch that he would trust him with that. It's not like they are friends or allies.

Archived