Fallender

Still worth it?

27 posts in this topic

Start with Book I.  There are a lot of details, clues, hints, easter eggs, inner monologues, and seemingly minor interactions that you don't get by watching the show, and they lead into things that might not make sense later on. 

This.

I just started reading shortly after Season 5 ended, and am just now a third of the way into the second book. The details etc. are worth it. A second (or third, or fourth) go through things (be it watching or reading) will clue you into LOTS of things you simply wouldn't have caught before because you weren't looking (because 99% of people pay attention to the main points the first run through).

Little more than halfway through with the first book. It's good, very loyal to the first season, but with a bit more dialogue and character development, but that is to be expected. I really like it so far.

Absolutely it is worth it. You are going to experience a lot of great additional details, and a more fully fleshed out world that will probably clear up a lot for you and make the whole epic story even better.

Absolutely, one hundred percent worth it. The books are so different, there's so many subplots and characters that don't show up in the show it's not even funny. I can't recommend reading the books enough.

Read the book 

my advice from book 1.

Show is similar but they still messed up on alot and remember this if the books are 100 % the show is showing 5 %.

Show is way way too dumb down and simply isnt showing the real BTS politics, plotting and planning that is going on 

also the WWs are very different in the book, they might have a very different beginning or they might just be a different sort of race or 

humans who evolved differently....

Many many great characters are still alive and plotting great things ;) so read the books and wait till you meet the real EURON GREYJOY and ramsay bolton from the books :D you will laugh at Ramsay and Euron from the show about how cute they are :D

also littlefinger from the books is just wow... if it was LF book vs LF show, LF book would eat LF show without blinking twice

Tyrion is much much much more nicely written and his story and journey is just amazing in the book

Edited by zalim

They totally worth it, you can get all the details first hand, and the writing style is awesome imo.

Yes! I just finished reading the first book for the first time and the show/book are different and thats what made it enjoyable.