Aegon or Faegon? after this season what do you think?

Khaella

I have a question to anyone who believes that Aegon is who he says he is. Do you still believe it now that the new season is out and he is nowhere to be found? I've found in the past that if they leave it out on the show that it's irrelevant in the books. I know they are straying a bit from the books but I understand that they need more action for it and if Aegon is one of the heads he'd be really important and would've been introduced. Sorry if this topic had been covered. As hard as I try I haven't read everything yet :)

Aegon would have a rather twisted character development as you would introduce a pretty non-important character up to now (he's been mentioned like once or twice by name in the show?) and basically make him a show POV after the others have already been developed for a few seasons. Lady Stoneheart tips the reailty vs fantasy scale more to the latter and for a show that already pushes that balance considering the reality part is what attracts the bigger crowd. They could very well have an important role within Game of Thrones, and the fact that they are cut out doesn't mean that their story doesn't happen. In fact, I think their story might be so important that they didn't want to do it and the show injustice by hastily introducing people to Aegon. Perhaps it's easier to just have someone absorb that role in the TV-show. It also wouldn't hurt logistically and budget wise if you didn't have to cast even way more characters. Right now for a lot of unsullied, Game of Thrones is already terribly complicated (even I tend to forget certain things that turn out to have importance) and it wouldn't help complicating the story with new additions when you're going to head towards the end game. 2 seasons left so..

I had similar thoughts but I really feel like if he is meant as one of the saviors he'd be there. I mean who could really absorb him? Jeor (spelling?) Has absorbed Jon Connington with the grey scale but no one has any Aegon things going on. And with 2 shows left it would be silly to introduce anything going on with him. I read somewhere that Gendry was going to take up the idea and absorb it how that was supposed to work idk unless his mom was some bastard Targ. I just don't believe that he is who he thinks he is. I believe the theory that Varys & Illryio are pulling a con on everyone. But to each his own :)

I've not thought here, if he was who he is I think the show would've introduced him much earlier

The show cut Lady Stoneheard. Yet for all we know she was real.

That Aegon seems to have been cut from the show does not say anything either way. All we can infer from it is that the showcasters are of the opinion that the story can be told without him in it. Just like they seem to feel it can be told without Lady Stoneheart.

So what we can gather is that Aegon is not one of the main characters. That's all.

Aegon will most likely be revealed in episode 10 after Kevan Lannister and Pycell are killed. If you look back to season 1 it looks pretty obvious they were planning to eventually introduce him.

If they don't bring him in it creates a massive plot hole because if Dany is Varys trump card and not Aegon than why was he endangering his own master plan by leaking all the information about her? Tyrion said he did what he had to do but he could've withheld the info about her being pregnant from King Robert... He almost got her killed when he could've prevented this quite easily.

What I know is that had the show portrayed Young Griff and the elder Griff in season 5, instead of the truly dull and ridiculous "Dorne plot" (especially the awful Sand Snakes), it would have been far better.

Aegon will most likely be revealed in episode 10 after Kevan Lannister and Pycell are killed. If you look back to season 1 it looks pretty obvious they were planning to eventually introduce him.

If they don't bring him in it creates a massive plot hole because if Dany is Varys trump card and not Aegon than why was he endangering his own master plan by leaking all the information about her? Tyrion said he did what he had to do but he could've withheld the info about her being pregnant from King Robert... He almost got her killed when he could've prevented this quite easily.

Interesting I'll have to go back and watch season 1 and check that out. I've wondered if they would introduce him then but I think that would leave a whole lot of catch up for the tv viewers.

What I know is that had the show portrayed Young Griff and the elder Griff in season 5, instead of the truly dull and ridiculous "Dorne plot" (especially the awful Sand Snakes), it would have been far better.

I agree the sand snake aspect is not very interesting. I would've much rather watch Griff and the gang

I think he will be mentioned by Varys in episode 10 and appear next year. His story arc beginning in the next season puts the breaks on the show passing a lot of the following books untold story and also means they will create less scenes to bridge the gaps.

Have we abandoned the idea that Trystane is going to be revealed as Aegon in the show? Cos that could happen next episode

Yes, that is the only hope IMO that Aegon is "real" in the books.

Another clue... The recent article where GRRM lists his top 5 characters he wishes were included in the show: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/31/game-thrones-lady-stoneheart

- Strong Belwas

- Jeyne Poole

- Willas Tyrell

- Garlan Tyrell

- Lady Stoneheart

Notice who is missing? Young Griff/Aegon/Faegon. That should tell you how important GRRM thinks he is.

Another clue... The recent article where GRRM lists his top 5 characters he wishes were included in the show: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/31/game-thrones-lady-stoneheart

- Strong Belwas

- Jeyne Poole

- Willas Tyrell

- Garlan Tyrell

- Lady Stoneheart

Notice who is missing? Young Griff/Aegon/Faegon. That should tell you how important GRRM thinks he is.

Yes, that is the only hope IMO that Aegon is "real" in the books.

- Strong Belwas

- Jeyne Poole

- Willas Tyrell

- Garlan Tyrell

- Lady Stoneheart

What the hell? The only hope? And why would that be? The strongest theory that he is not real is he is a Blackfyre bastard... And that theory is actually pretty weak. Genetically wise it would be virtually impossible that not only he is a genetic throwback that regains all Targaryen features but he also perfectly resembles Raehgar Targeryen... Despite the fact they are of a dying gene which rules it out completely. Hence the reason why half blood Targs all had dark hair but retained the purple eyes but all later generations had dark hair without the purple eyes. Give it up already... Varys did not by some strange miracle have a zero percent chance genetic throwback kid that would grow up to be Raehgar's exact double.

What the hell? The only hope? And why would that be? The strongest theory that he is not real is he is a Blackfyre bastard... And that theory is actually pretty weak. Genetically wise it would be virtually impossible that not only he is a genetic throwback that regains all Targaryen features but he also perfectly resembles Raehgar Targeryen... Despite the fact they are of a dying gene which rules it out completely. Hence the reason why half blood Targs all had dark hair but retained the purple eyes but all later generations had dark hair without the purple eyes. Give it up already... Varys did not by some strange miracle have a zero percent chance genetic throwback kid that would grow up to be Raehgar's exact double.

Where does it say that all bastard Targs have dark hair? I know a few of them did but not all of them. Daemon Blackfyre had the blond hair and violet eyes like the Targs. Also I think it's mentioned that the Targ looks are strong. Hair/eye color is extremely important in these books. But the Targs aren't the only ones with these looks. Anyone with Valeryian blood had the potential to have the pale hair and violet eyes.

Going by the logic that the show cuts out what's irrelevant and only keeps things important to the endgame, you're gonna have to explain to me how Tyene and her titties are more important to the endgame than Aegon, Arianne, the Greyjoys, the Northern lords, the Vale, and the Riverlands.

Going by the logic that the show cuts out what's irrelevant and only keeps things important to the endgame, you're gonna have to explain to me how Tyene and her titties are more important to the endgame than Aegon, Arianne, the Greyjoys, the Northern lords, the Vale, and the Riverlands.

We'll just have to wait and see about that. :cool4: The tits that were promised may save the realm! :lol:

Who in the world will kill kevan and pycelle if Varys is not in KL?

Where does it say that all bastard Targs have dark hair? I know a few of them did but not all of them. Daemon Blackfyre had the blond hair and violet eyes like the Targs. Also I think it's mentioned that the Targ looks are strong. Hair/eye color is extremely important in these books. But the Targs aren't the only ones with these looks. Anyone with Valeryian blood had the potential to have the pale hair and violet eyes.

Daemon Blackfyre was a pureblooded Valeyrian even though he was a bastard made legit. After he married a Tyroshi woman line went downward from there and that was almost 100 years ago. Having a present day Blackfyre with purple eyes and white hair may be possible, but looking so much like Rhaegar's son that multiple ppl from westeros would not tell them apart. I don't buy it.

Archived