Aegon or Faegon? after this season what do you think?

Khaella

His non-existence in the show does not contribute any evidence to that theory though, and saying that they wouldn't have cu him if he weren't fake is blatantly untrue, considering the many limitations the show has that dictates what they can do with their time and what they choose to focus on.

I didn't say that the show cutting him is absolute evidence, I'm talking about all the clues in the book. The show not putting him on just reaffirms my belief in him being a Blackfyre. Out of curiosity, why do you believe that he is Aegon?

I didn't say that the show cutting him is absolute evidence, I'm talking about all the clues in the book. The show not putting him on just reaffirms my belief in him being a Blackfyre. Out of curiosity, why do you believe that he is Aegon?

I never claimed to believe he is Aegon. I'm just pointing out that the storylines in the Show has not particular impact on the Books, no matter who shows up and who doesn't. Claiming otherwise doesn't hold water, and using the show to support ones views isn't really reasonable.

The thing is, if Aegon is Aegon that is an extremely important story line so they wouldn't cut it unless he is a fake. Arianne is a Martell but cutting her doesn't say that she isn't. There's so much evidence pointing to him being a Blackfyre!

So, cutting Arianne doesn't hint that she isn't a Martell.  But cutting Aegon does hint that he isn't a Targaryen?  I'm not sure I follow you.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, it still too early to tell. This upcoming season is plugging in the remains of storylines from ADWD/AFFC - Riverlands and Greyjoy storyline. Also there is a confirmed season 8 (or double-sized season 7) at least. IF Aegon or fAegon will make ANY difference within the books he WILL be revealed within this season since with 2 additional season they need to have more material. Because I definitely see them closing several storylines this season.

However, I've got a feeling that Aegon doesn't make it to the end of Winds of Winter and his storyline can be taken over by Dany (leading mercenaries into conquering Westeros) and Mormont is taking over JonCon's lot.

If Aegon/fAegon makes any difference - it will require him in addition to conquering Westeros living long enough to have conflict with Dany - and thus he will appear on the show. If thats the case, chances are that he is real-deal Aegon because that will make his upcoming conflict with Dany a good storyline (because princess uncovers a pretender is too cliche). Furthermore, at this point Varys been painted as too much of a sympathetic character in the show - friend of Tyrion and follower of Dany, so LF is prime to take his spot within TV series.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we will never find out. People get putt on the throne because people surrounding them want it, for whatever reason. If people see use in Aegon, he will become one true heir to the throne, if they don't, he will be Faegon.

Archived